Sign in to follow this  
wc3s3an

What is the difference between these speedmaster Reps? Who does the best?

wc3s3an

So i'm interested in picking up a speedmaster pro after no luck getting one from m2m.

I am wanting the Lemania manual with working chrono movement.

After searching abit i thought i'd ask as a lot of the similar threads from searching are quite old...

http://silix-prime.s...roducts_id=1634

For $225.

http://www.p-cls.com...nos-p-1961.html

and off josh for $278

They have a few differences (obviously the strap/bracelet). The marker at 6 is a slightly bigger from josh. Along with difference hands.

Can anyone point in the direction of who does the best rep of the speedmaster professional with manual movement?

Cheers guys

EDIT:

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=602

This one from Toro seems best with the sunken dials? Is Toro the man im looking for?

Edited by wc3s3an

Monty010

Well as far as I know all hand wound speedys are all the same. About the price difference between dealers. Why that is... Beats me :)

Mr Stubbs

I bought that ST19 Speedmaster from Silix in June 2013 for $241 USD including postage. I wear it a lot. :). However, the leather strap sucks. Badly. I swapped to a stainless bracelet like Toro's. The bracelet accounts for a lot of the $ difference.

Also Silix doesn't update the website very often. The price Michelle quotes may now be in line with the other TD's.

Daywatch

Hi, get it with the SS bracelet, it´s a good one. Would buy from Toro. Cheers

wc3s3an

Hi, get it with the SS bracelet, it´s a good one. Would buy from Toro. Cheers

Thanks, i think thats the plan after researching a bit more.

KeNnY

there are 2 makers of Moon watch manual chrono movements.

One is more accurate version and other is not. :)

Phizzy

Had anyone tried the quartz version from Toro? Looks to have the right crystal almost....?

Dawg

I picked up one with A7750 movement from Silix about two years ago. Was my daily wear for a long time and works really well

Daywatch

Toro´s quartz "The first watch worn on the moon" looks impressively good from near and from 1 meter away (read on). Tachymeter scale is wonderful black with crisp, shiny numbering. Bracelet is solid and comfortable with clasp security opening and it doesn´t hang around loose, it seems "springloaded" which gives it a great and genuine quality - feel. Reading and visibility with the white hands is crisp and clear. It´s got a domed plexi looks good. The subdial placing is very good, subdial lettering on this version is off, different than the gen Moonwatch at 3 o´clock and 6´o clock. 9´o clock subdial identical, but than - who can really tell unless it´s side by side. Could this be a new Omega-release? Who knows:)Only the hands and the tip of the main second hand are lumed not the stickers. Nice engraved back "forall" written together. As its quartz, the time was set once when I got it before x-mas. If You ask me about similar priced digital watches with analog display I´d say this is one of the most impressive to get. As for the tells, that huge pointer in the subdial at 6 happily ticks along it´s way.

IMG_0889_zps104b384d.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

OMmoonwatchbackcaseIMG_1387.jpg

Mystery Shopper

My watchsmith was telling me today that the Speedy was worn on the moon but the moonwalk was timed back in Houston on a Bulova.

I thought it was interesting anyway. :D

Olly

My watchsmith was telling me today that the Speedy was worn on the moon but the moonwalk was timed back in Houston on a Bulova.

I thought it was interesting anyway. :D

Pretty cool to know :lol: