Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Help with crooked omega crystal etching

Aeternus

Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I bought this watch from TT and the etching of the words "Quantum of Solace" is tilted to the left. Basically, it's not centered, or even straight for that matter. The QC pics did not make this very apparent. However, that's not to say that it's totally the dealer's fault since perhaps I should have tried harder to spot it in the pictures. Frankly, I don't care about those words and would happily have them gone, but since it's right on the dial, it's hard to miss. What do you think I should do? I've never had a problem with a dealer before, and don't really want to spend money shipping the watch back and forth. Also I know how they don't do refunds etc. which is fine since the watch is great otherwise. So before I e-mail them, is there a way I can fix it by maybe removing the bezel and rotating/replacing the crystal? Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMAG3217_zpsccfc53f9.jpg

LightGeek

You can do this job with a small screwdriver and a c-clamp... in a pinch, no pun intended. Open caseback, remove stem, remove the movement, push out the crystal, line it up, use padded c-clamp to slowly reseat the crystal. I've done this many times but if you're not careful you could crack the crystal. Any watchsmith worth their salt could fix this as well using proper tools.

Aeternus

Thank you :)