Sign in to follow this  
carus007

'Hazz' has anybody heard from him?

SSTEEL

I remember him buying it Joran as I was meant to buy one around the same time, its a V1.

dalboy

F.A.O . All the Bullshitters , Crappers ,Smart Arse's and generally People who wanna stick the boot in .. " Give it a Fucking Rest Will Ya "

What Derek is attempting to do is for the good of those who are , owed , watches ,or parts . . Stirring the Shit will not help the process .

So ! may i suggest that unless you have something constructive to say or add that will benefit this whole thing ... Fuck Off !

Give the man half a fucking chance to sort it .

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus !

Dal.

g.man

Well said dal. What a shameful clusterfuck this thread is.

jesus wept

g.man

Hornet

F.A.O . All the Bullshitters , Crappers ,Smart Arse's and generally People who wanna stick the boot in .. " Give it a Fucking Rest Will Ya "

What Derek is attempting to do is for the good of those who are , owed , watches ,or parts . . Stirring the Shit will not help the process .

So ! may i suggest that unless you have something constructive to say or add that will benefit this whole thing ... Fuck Off !

Give the man half a fucking chance to sort it .

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus !

Dal.

Well said fella.

andyboy

I have been in contact with Derek.

A few points regarding members watches and bracelets needed to be clarified.This has been done and we now beleive we have a correct list of who is missing what.

Derek has been in contact with Hazz and I hope you trust me when I say that progress is being made and hopefully something positive will come out of this mess.

There is still work to be done

:beer2:

dalboy

A few points regarding members watches and bracelets needed to be clarified.This has been done and we now beleive we have a correct list of who is missing what.

Derek has been in contact with Hazz and I hope you trust me when I say that progress is being made and hopefully something positive will come out of this mess.

Fingers Crossed Andy that it go's without a hitch . and those affected can draw a line under the whole deal.

onzenuub

Fingers Crossed Andy that it go's without a hitch . and those affected can draw a line under the whole deal.

Next Derek is gonna solve more world problems?

JSJ

Somehow we got into conversation about a Daytona he had which needed a new movement. He said it was his but of course, now I'm not sure. I said I knew where to buy them, gave him the info. He said he would have to wait cos he couldn't afford it just yet. I said I was going to order a normal 7750 and I'd order the secs@6 version for him He could let me have the cash when I received it and I'd send it.

It arrived, I told him and he said he still couldn't afford it yet and he'd wait. No pleading or even a request. I then said more or less 'ffs give me your address and I'll send it. Pay me when you can'. He said 'if you put it like that, great'

I sent it and a few weeks later, the money arrived in my PayPal account.

My points:

1. I am not saying the mods are wrong in any way. The opposite. They have a lot of info I don't have.

2. When I sent the movement, I fully expected to be paid but I had already written off the money as I posted the movement. It's the only way I can enjoy this hobby. Don't spend it if you can't afford to lose it. Use it to buy your groceries or the kid's shoes.

3. I was already ignoring the 'This is a stand up guy' and 'Top seller. You won't have any problems with this' etc etc. I have the strong feeling that some people are writing that shite about people they just had a pleasant PM exchange with. I'm sure people will continue to write it and I will continue to ignore it.

4. I will never ever take in watches to repair for others. Not for money, not for 'mates'. I won't run triangle shipping for anyone either. What could possible go wrong?

I turn down a request I suppose about every two weeks for those things.

So my experience of Ant is a good one. I can see why some of you are pissed off. I hope you get your watches back.

I wonder if this was the movement for my brother-in-laws Daytona? He had his watch for ages and couldn't fix it and said he'd taken it to other "proper" repairers he knew and they couldn't fix it either, and all suggested a new movement would be best. I said to him ok, if you get a new movement I'll get the money off my brother-in-law and square you up which Ant said was fine and he'd get a movement. After a few months I asked him if any sign of the movement and being fixed, as my brother-in-law kept asking, to which he said he couldn't get one from Cousins and was proving hard to get, but knew another source that would definitely have a movement. I told him no worries, just get it and let me know when sorted. Another few months passed and nothing, so eventually said to him just to give me his Daytona back, luckily being local we met a few weeks later and got it back off him still unrepaired. Unfortunately my dad's IWC Portuguese he had for repair is still with him after nearly two years. I've now written my dad's watch off as tbf my dad can now unfortunately hardly remember things two hours ago let alone two years ago.

It's a shame how things have turned out, as I've had a few other successful dealings with Ant.

As for sourcing a Daytona secs @ 6 movement, can you still get these JSJ?

Yes I believe the movement is still available. Please PM me if you want the info. I won't muddy the waters with it here.

nev848

Thank you to Andy, Micky and Derek for trying to help out those of us that have genuine issues with Ant. I believe Ant is sending my watch to Micky so fingers crossed he makes good on his promise this time.

Let's now hope Ant pulls he head out of the sand and starts to rebuild a relationship with those of us he has let down.

Big thanks again guys it is members like you that set this place apart from the others.

Cheers Nev.

SSTEEL

Nah, I hear Tony Blair is though.

Mystery Shopper

Fingers crossed that Derek, Micky and Andy can get most of the watches back. Don't be too hopeful though, Hazz has more issues than the New York Post and he has a habit of digging deeper holes for himself.

The latest Hazz file in the staff room was started in February and is over 25 pages long. He refused to write back to me when I asked him questions on how many watches he was transshipping (after being told not to get involved, after his file was labelled 'do not trade')- so I don't know how big this latest issue is either.

Kudos to those who have a relationship with Hazz and are trying to help. Fingers crossed.

Derek Mc

Nah,,,,Not nearly as difficult to fix as a few lost replica watches,,, you should know that ;)

Chiquita Fanjita

Somehow we got into conversation about a Daytona he had which needed a new movement. He said it was his but of course, now I'm not sure. I said I knew where to buy them, gave him the info. He said he would have to wait cos he couldn't afford it just yet. I said I was going to order a normal 7750 and I'd order the secs@6 version for him He could let me have the cash when I received it and I'd send it.

It arrived, I told him and he said he still couldn't afford it yet and he'd wait. No pleading or even a request. I then said more or less 'ffs give me your address and I'll send it. Pay me when you can'. He said 'if you put it like that, great'

My points:

1. I am not saying the mods are wrong in any way. The opposite. They have a lot of info I don't have.

2. When I sent the movement, I fully expected to be paid but I had already written off the money as I posted the movement. It's the only way I can enjoy this hobby. Don't spend it if you can't afford to lose it. Use it to buy your groceries or the kid's shoes.

3. I was already ignoring the 'This is a stand up guy' and 'Top seller. You won't have any problems with this' etc etc. I have the strong feeling that some people are writing that shite about people they just had a pleasant PM exchange with. I'm sure people will continue to write it and I will continue to ignore it.

4. I will never ever take in watches to repair for others. Not for money, not for 'mates'. I won't run triangle shipping for anyone either. What could possible go wrong?

So my experience of Ant is a good one. I can see why some of you are pissed off. I hope you get your watches back.

I wonder if this was the movement for my brother-in-laws Daytona? He had his watch for ages and couldn't fix it and said he'd taken it to other "proper" repairers he knew and they couldn't fix it either, and all suggested a new movement would be best. I said to him ok, if you get a new movement I'll get the money off my brother-in-law and square you up which Ant said was fine and he'd get a movement. After a few months I asked him if any sign of the movement and being fixed, as my brother-in-law kept asking, to which he said he couldn't get one from Cousins and was proving hard to get, but knew another source that would definitely have a movement. I told him no worries, just get it and let me know when sorted. Another few months passed and nothing, so eventually said to him just to give me his Daytona back, luckily being local we met a few weeks later and got it back off him still unrepaired. Unfortunately my dad's IWC Portuguese he had for repair is still with him after nearly two years. I've now written my dad's watch off as tbf my dad can now unfortunately hardly remember things two hours ago let alone two years ago.

It's a shame how things have turned out, as I've had a few other successful dealings with Ant.

Yes I believe the movement is still available. Please PM me if you want the info. I won't muddy the waters with it here.

No worries, that's great mate, I'll drop you a PM ;)

964boy

My points:

Sorted Andy, the IWC will live again mate.

Chiquita Fanjita

My points:

Sorted Andy, the IWC will live again mate.

This is for my brother-in-laws Daytona Hugh, I doubt I'll ever see the IWC again mate :(

SSTEEL

Ant has been removed from RepGeek now too so my bridge of contact has gone along with it. Last communications with Ant was last week, he said Nev's DSSD and Ant's own BlackBay all be with me this week. I tried reaching Ant via his email, asking if he has the tracking number but alas no reply as of yet.

Pseudonym

I have contact details for Ant should he need to be contacted. I'm sure however; those involved this far are doing a sterling job & no need for me to get involved.

Rob

BaggyPants

Been absent for a while and I'm gobsmacked. A very sad state of affairs.