Sign in to follow this  
carus007

'Hazz' has anybody heard from him?

Crusader

Drove past his place this morning. Boarded up with a full skip outside. Just a fact to add to the mix.

After the break-in he moved to his fathers flat which he inherited after he passed away, I was there the other day, it's on the Mearns Road

Oh man, his father passed away? I remember reading a while back he was visiting his father because of the health problems.

That explains a lot, quite a shock for Hazz.

Hazz transhipped a watch for me, then we ordered together 2 watches from Jacksontse and he shipped mine to me and I send him some Seiko parts, so I can only say good things about him. Really sad to see all this happening.

BuiltTough

Seems an usual thing for standard burglars to do.

You a pro or something

Walesy

Newton Mearns in Glasgow....or as it's popularly known.........Newton Mortgage.................everyone is only 3x months away from repossesion and bankruptcy.....Hazz included...!

LOL..how true! I have witnessed someone over there remove items of food out the back of their car from Aldi bags and put them in M&S bags to walk up the drive/street with. We were at a mates and left speechless when we seen it.

Derek Mc

Drove past his place this morning. Boarded up with a full skip outside. Just a fact to add to the mix.

After the break-in he moved to his fathers flat which he inherited after he passed away, I was there the other day, it's on the Mearns Road

Oh man, his father passed away? I remember reading a while back he was visiting his father because of the health problems.

That explains a lot, quite a shock for Hazz.

Hazz transhipped a watch for me, then we ordered together 2 watches from Jacksontse and he shipped mine to me and I send him some Seiko parts, so I can only say good things about him. Really sad to see all this happening.

It was in the late summer he died. Ant moved in August late on IIRC

Baldrick

Did he sell his house....if so, then surely some ex gratia refunds would have been appropriate...and not hugely expensive !

Derek Mc

Did he sell his house....if so, then surely some ex gratia refunds would have been appropriate...and not hugely expensive !

That would be one best directed to Ant but the state the place was in even squatters would have moved out after the break-in. However he can't speak due to the ban and I am NOT going to be his spokesman, I am simply offering my observations and views.

scorpion

1%20sad%20palms.gif

And bang goes another one.....wtf is it with amateur watch repairers thinking they are pros then going tits up? Seem to be so many go this way - real shame.

Edited by scorpion

DR3M3L
1%20sad%20palms.gif

And bang goes another one.....wtf is it with amateur watch repairers thinking they are pros then going tits up? Seem to be so many go this way - real shame.

Dunno..... I'm still tinkering away with no problems....... Might say goodbye in advance.....! Bye Scorp, it was a pleasure meeting you!!!!

scorpion
1%20sad%20palms.gif

Dunno..... I'm still tinkering away with no problems....... Might say goodbye in advance.....! Bye Scorp, it was a pleasure meeting you!!!!

Ok Bye mate in advance - do you want me to list you on my lost and banned thread? i might make a "pending" section :giggle:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=83163&hl=&fromsearch=1

JSJ

Well I rarely join in with this stuff. Gotta add my little story this time.

Had a couple of dealings with Ant (Hazz). Bought my 3777 bracelet from him (wearing it now, best bracelet I have, including gens). Then he advertised a Breitling bracelet free and sent it to me for nothing..

Wind forward a few months.

Somehow we got into conversation about a Daytona he had which needed a new movement. He said it was his but of course, now I'm not sure. I said I knew where to buy them, gave him the info. He said he would have to wait cos he couldn't afford it just yet. I said I was going to order a normal 7750 and I'd order the secs@6 version for him He could let me have the cash when I received it and I'd send it.

It arrived, I told him and he said he still couldn't afford it yet and he'd wait. No pleading or even a request. I then said more or less 'ffs give me your address and I'll send it. Pay me when you can'. He said 'if you put it like that, great'

I sent it and a few weeks later, the money arrived in my PayPal account.

My points:

1. I am not saying the mods are wrong in any way. The opposite. They have a lot of info I don't have.

2. When I sent the movement, I fully expected to be paid but I had already written off the money as I posted the movement. It's the only way I can enjoy this hobby. Don't spend it if you can't afford to lose it. Use it to buy your groceries or the kid's shoes.

3. I was already ignoring the 'This is a stand up guy' and 'Top seller. You won't have any problems with this' etc etc. I have the strong feeling that some people are writing that shite about people they just had a pleasant PM exchange with. I'm sure people will continue to write it and I will continue to ignore it.

4. I will never ever take in watches to repair for others. Not for money, not for 'mates'. I won't run triangle shipping for anyone either. What could possible go wrong?

I turn down a request I suppose about every two weeks for those things.

So my experience of Ant is a good one. I can see why some of you are pissed off. I hope you get your watches back.

Dr Yan

WHOsNEXT.jpg

I'm betting it's Jordan :)

DR3M3L
WHOsNEXT.jpg

Or the other tink, Micky.... Soon or late I'll leave :lmao: But my time isn't there yet. When I get the missus to do "other fun stuff" all the time I'm sure I'll disappear like Jeff! :D

I bet he's lying in the sun, looking at his topless young gf next to him, enjoying a good whiskey and a sigar.

If not....

He must be dead. He wouldn't leave us for something else :D

Oh and Scorp, that's a great idea! Let's start a topic with the title "The ban bin". You know, democrasy (You read it Greg?!! Democrasy!!) will give us all the chance to vote for someone to get banned. If someone get's enough votes he gets banned. <<< Denocrasy for the win!

Dictatorship will NEVER survive.

:popcorn:

Baldrick

I've known Anthony for 30 years.....right down to his little chuckle.......he was the same then as he is now.....!

andyboy
WHOsNEXT.jpg

Or the other tink, Micky.... Soon or late I'll leave :lmao: But my time isn't there yet. When I get the missus to do "other fun stuff" all the time I'm sure I'll disappear like Jeff! :D

I bet he's lying in the sun, looking at his topless young gf next to him, enjoying a good whiskey and a sigar.

If not....

He must be dead. He wouldn't leave us for something else :D

Oh and Scorp, that's a great idea! Let's start a topic with the title "The ban bin". You know, democrasy (You read it Greg?!! Democrasy!!) will give us all the chance to vote for someone to get banned. If someone get's enough votes he gets banned. <<< Denocrasy for the win!

Dictatorship will NEVER survive.

:popcorn:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=87430&st=0

nev848
Its a sad state of affairs thats for sure.

I chose Ant to tranship a watch cleaning machine for me that I won on eBay (seller would only ship to a UK address), sadly it took over two months to reach me from the date Ant received it from the ebay seller, and this was only after many, many emails, he blamed the courier guy he used.

I like many of you thought Ant was a standup guy, but he's even ignoring me too, I have also pm'd him on RG like Nev has, as I would like to get to the bottom of this regarding Nev's watch Ant was supposed to of forward to me for repair.

Hope he resolves issues that are clearly diminishing his online reputation.

Here you go Micky this is the PM Ant sent me when I asked for my watch back.

Sent 02 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

your DSSD

Micky has offered to fix, can I send it over to him ?

Proof if it was needed.

SSTEEL

As said, was the first I herd about it. Ant pm'd me yesterday on RG saying to expect two watches in the post, his own BlackBay, and your DSSD. We'll see

As to who's next, I'm afraid I'm here to stay peeps, part of the furniture :)

Derek Mc

Nev doing that just killed any revenue Ant would get to repay others????????????

scorpion

Nev doing that just killed any revenue Ant would get to repay others????????????

Maybe......or maybe he just stopped a Repgeek member getting screwed for $230?

Derek Mc

Well sadly theres F'ck all hope of EVER knowing now!

scorpion

I dunno I am on the fence of this one as I like many others had good dealings with him and know he had a lot of family issues. Thing is if he lost his parents and inherited some property and maybe money plus his own house and was in a tight financial situation surely he could sell one or other.

Or he could get a loan based on owning property to cover all the mess he made here, we are not talking £10,000s. Its a matter of honour and based on current situation i cant see the $230 he could have made on his avenger going to anyone here.

Derek Mc

I dunno I am on the fence of this one as I like many others had good dealings with him and know he had a lot of family issues. Thing is if he lost his parents and inherited some property and maybe money plus his own house and was in a tight financial situation surely he could sell one or other.

Or he could get a loan based on owning property to cover all the mess he made here, we are not talking £10,000s. Its a matter of honour and based on current situation i cant see the $230 he could have made on his avenger going to anyone here.

Replica watches to me are a hobby, I do NOT spend family money on something that is essentially totally illegal for one and a hobby, for two. Ant can no longer get in touch with the members directly involved as such, is at an automatic disadvantage, as to personal financial affairs, I am not going to be drawn, but, from observing / seeing Ant's situation money is NOT at a premium regardless, he is much like the rest of us and works to live with an estate in state, there are a few things I can't say but money is not flowing and never has been. Raisisng cash he does as I do, selling watches and buying using "pocketmoney" I know we have discussed it almost from the get go.

nev848

Please explain how me trying to stop him scamming others would stop him returning watches. If you want to use me as an escape goat for his dishonesty then fine..knock yourself out. As far as I'm concerned he used other members names such as Micky to cover his lies and that was the final straw for the start of my actions.

I am happy for him to be pissed at me but he has no need to punish other members and stop from returning their watches.

Now we have opened Pandora's box more and more stories are appearing of his wrong doings. This has now caught up with him and he was already restricted from selling and buying on RWI before I even posted on RG.

In life you really do reap what you sow.

Chiquita Fanjita

Somehow we got into conversation about a Daytona he had which needed a new movement. He said it was his but of course, now I'm not sure. I said I knew where to buy them, gave him the info. He said he would have to wait cos he couldn't afford it just yet. I said I was going to order a normal 7750 and I'd order the secs@6 version for him He could let me have the cash when I received it and I'd send it.

It arrived, I told him and he said he still couldn't afford it yet and he'd wait. No pleading or even a request. I then said more or less 'ffs give me your address and I'll send it. Pay me when you can'. He said 'if you put it like that, great'

I sent it and a few weeks later, the money arrived in my PayPal account.

My points:

1. I am not saying the mods are wrong in any way. The opposite. They have a lot of info I don't have.

2. When I sent the movement, I fully expected to be paid but I had already written off the money as I posted the movement. It's the only way I can enjoy this hobby. Don't spend it if you can't afford to lose it. Use it to buy your groceries or the kid's shoes.

3. I was already ignoring the 'This is a stand up guy' and 'Top seller. You won't have any problems with this' etc etc. I have the strong feeling that some people are writing that shite about people they just had a pleasant PM exchange with. I'm sure people will continue to write it and I will continue to ignore it.

4. I will never ever take in watches to repair for others. Not for money, not for 'mates'. I won't run triangle shipping for anyone either. What could possible go wrong?

I turn down a request I suppose about every two weeks for those things.

So my experience of Ant is a good one. I can see why some of you are pissed off. I hope you get your watches back.

I wonder if this was the movement for my brother-in-laws Daytona? He had his watch for ages and couldn't fix it and said he'd taken it to other "proper" repairers he knew and they couldn't fix it either, and all suggested a new movement would be best. I said to him ok, if you get a new movement I'll get the money off my brother-in-law and square you up which Ant said was fine and he'd get a movement. After a few months I asked him if any sign of the movement and being fixed, as my brother-in-law kept asking, to which he said he couldn't get one from Cousins and was proving hard to get, but knew another source that would definitely have a movement. I told him no worries, just get it and let me know when sorted. Another few months passed and nothing, so eventually said to him just to give me his Daytona back, luckily being local we met a few weeks later and got it back off him still unrepaired. Unfortunately my dad's IWC Portuguese he had for repair is still with him after nearly two years. I've now written my dad's watch off as tbf my dad can now unfortunately hardly remember things two hours ago let alone two years ago.

It's a shame how things have turned out, as I've had a few other successful dealings with Ant.

As for sourcing a Daytona secs @ 6 movement, can you still get these JSJ?