Sign in to follow this  
cigator

Big Bang Tourbillon

cigator

I came across a listing from Replicamake for a Big Bang Tourbillon. I am not familiar with the Hublot brand so I'm not sure how this compares to a genuine. The price is $588 which seems high for a rep to me. Is anyone familiar with the quality of watches with rep tourbillon movements? Are they more likely to have problems? Where do these movements originate from? I found a Chinese website that sells tourbillons, I was wondering if the movement used in this watch was from this Chinese manufacturer. I like the look of the watch but hesitant to spring for $588 for a movement that I can find not history of performance on. Thanks for any input.

prestigewatchco

Come from China at that price a Swiss tourbillion would be $10K minimum and difficult to find at that price. haven't heard any bad reports but they are a very small seller so not that many people have them. Getting them repaired could be a problem though not because it's Chinese but because it's a tourbillion doubt many small watchmakers have ever worked on one before

greg_r

The price is actually on the low side for a proper tourbillon movement - they stretch from there up well beyond $1200. The movements are generally wonderful but it's VERY difficult to find someone to service them when time comes due. How it compares to a gen Hublot, I have no idea.

cigator
Come from China at that price a Swiss tourbillion would be $10K minimum and difficult to find at that price. haven't heard any bad reports but they are a very small seller so not that many people have them. Getting them repaired could be a problem though not because it's Chinese but because it's a tourbillion doubt many small watchmakers have ever worked on one before

Hmm, sounds like it might be wise to avoid such a complication in a replica then. I think the watch looks great with the tourbillon movement, but well could gather dust if it fails and cant be serviced. Thanks.

Member X

I remember Homer saying that he could arrange servicing on the ones he sold? but as he's not in the rep game anymore, that's not much use... lol

JC7

I think watches are more likely to get you called out as well.. tourbillions IMO tend to be a lot more expensive in the gen world. But go with what you like.

theflyingdutchman

I have had 2...and 3x proplems....very sensitive!

theflyingdutchman
I think watches are more likely to get you called out as well.. tourbillions IMO tend to be a lot more expensive in the gen world. But go with what you like.

I am not really afraid of being called out for a watch... there are worse things for being called out for, like XXXX... here my new HBB Tourby

a2.jpg

t4.jpg

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Black Magic

Thats stunning, I'd love a TB's but with the circles I am in, I would never be able to pull it off. TB's are well into the $xxx,xxx range when it comes to timepieces.

Where did you get it btw it really does look great!!

theflyingdutchman
Thats stunning, I'd love a TB's but with the circles I am in, I would never be able to pull it off. TB's are well into the $xxx,xxx range when it comes to timepieces.

Where did you get it btw it really does look great!!

Who cares if you can pull it off...as long as you like it! Or get a none branded one via the bay...

Black Magic

I would care!! I'm not saying I'm trying to impress anybody but I personally would only wear something that is within my price range for genuine articles, even being a replica. BUT I do like it :lol:

Where did you get it from as I'm looking for a Black Magic and this manufacturer looks great :D

Edited by Black Magic