Sign in to follow this  
Kcore

IT'S ARRIVED - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage (PICS - Crazy Horse strap ADDED)

Kcore

Yes, I did it. I've been sitting on the sidelines for months drooling over this watch each and everyday.

First I held off because I wasn't sure about the size. This supposed to be a vintage diver and the 42mm size, well, I just wasn't sure about it being too large for vintage. Anway, like I say, shit or get off the bowl and today I pulled the trigger and placed my order! I know I won't receive the watch before the beginning of March but at least my order is in.

I'll post pics and a review when it arrives. The wait begins :)

HWG

It looks great in the pics, the only thing that kept me from ordering was the lack of a date. It just a must have on a watch for me. Post some pics when it arrives, and CONGRATS!

elp

I've also been eyeing this - Del's pictures of it are superb - may have to order one as well ...

Calcidose

Congrats, I'm waiting for pics and review.

dalboy

Stunning bit of kit .

As Dave said ... Don't forget the pics ..

Dal.

Kcore

Thanks everyone! You can count on pics & review.

I have a vintage 6538 sub and from the very first time I saw this beauty I knew it was over for me. LOVE at first sight.

@Elp, Del's photo shoot is of a different Ocean One. His is the Vintage Red. Mine is the Vintage.

Pharmo

Nice one K..

I have yet to own a Steinhart but just know will be buying one very soon :)

JohnPilot

Very good choice made. I love this piece and look at it once a week, at least, one day will buy one.

Del

Lovely watch, and I'm tempted by that one myself! :D

Kcore

Nice one K..

I have yet to own a Steinhart but just know will be buying one very soon :)

Thanks Pharmo!

Besides this watch looking AMAZING! I think for the cost you're getting a whole lot of gen watch that's really, really worth the price. You're getting a beauty of a Swiss made watch with their new Swiss ST.5 caliber movt. At the rate their production is being sold out, I'll bet we'll see their prices climb - supply & demand.

Very good choice made. I love this piece and look at it once a week, at least, one day will buy one.

I know what you mean John. I was there, looking everyweek, then twice a week, then more. As I sat one late night staring at this watch through the glow of my monitor, the wife yelled down to me, "enough of the damn watch already, buy it and come to bed!"

elp

@Elp, Del's photo shoot is of a different Ocean One. His is the Vintage Red. Mine is the Vintage.

Thanks for the clarification - my bad ...

... I like them both :facepalm:

Kleen™
It looks great in the pics, the only thing that kept me from ordering was the lack of a date. It just a must have on a watch for me. Post some pics when it arrives, and CONGRATS!

Awesome piece. It's my 9/10 go-to watch whenever I decide to hit the beach. Now whack that thing on a Nato and feast your eyes...

Kcore

Awesome piece. It's my 9/10 go-to watch whenever I decide to hit the beach. Now whack that thing on a Nato and feast your eyes...

That's exactly my new mission. What type of vintage leather to have made for this beauty. Man, decisions, decisions.

Kleen™

I suggest you try the cheap option first: You can easily get 5-10 great, but very different Natos for the price of one decent leather strap, and it changes the watch completely. Do get some 2mm replacement pins, tho', as the lug holes are set quite far from the case....

Kcore

I suggest you try the cheap option first: You can easily get 5-10 great, but very different Natos for the price of one decent leather strap, and it changes the watch completely. Do get some 2mm replacement pins, tho', as the lug holes are set quite far from the case....

Thanks Kleen!

mrtsumoto80

Im thinking about getting the same one!

Kcore

Go for it!!! This is a lot of gen Swiss quality for less than some pre-owned APs and a few other reps. And IMHO, I think we'll see the price point move up.

mrtsumoto80

Go for it!!! This is a lot of gen Swiss quality for less than some pre-owned APs and a few other reps. And IMHO, I think we'll see the price point move up.

I agree with you plus I think in the future this will be a valuable piece since it hosts Steinhart's first movement.

I just placed my order for the Vintage One and also a Nav B-Uhr 44 Bronze!

:giggle:

midasmook

Said it a thousand times Steinhart watches are fantastic, well made and well worth the price.

Kcore

UPDATE: Today I received my shipping notice and tracking number from Steinhart!!! I can't wait to receive this beauty - I'm very excited. Will post pics upon arrival :)

I'm not sure why some people have said they've had a problem with communications or heard from others that there have been communication problems with the Steinhart company. My personal experiences with Steinhart all have been very positive and comms responsive. Matter of fact, I have received a personal e-mail from Steinhart's President, Mr. Gunther Steinhart on 2 occasions. Now I'm no one special, just a customer from the U.S.

The Steinhart website clearly indicates which model watches are on back order and they also provide an "earliest approximate shipping date." Anyone thinking about a purchase will know ahead of placing an order what the wait time is.

P4GTR

I can't wait to see this when you get it. Seriously, what a bang for the buck. I assume their movement is based on an ebauche ETA kit?

The Ocean 1 vintage red with the new movement and a display case back would have me rearranging my finances.

Conex

Looking forward to pics when it arrives.

Kcore

I can't wait to see this when you get it. Seriously, what a bang for the buck. I assume their movement is based on an ebauche ETA kit?

The Ocean 1 vintage red with the new movement and a display case back would have me rearranging my finances.

Thanks Dan, me too ;)

Not sure if the movt. is based on the ETA underpinnings or not. Steinhart is calling it an ST.5.

The specs are below which can be found at their website: http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/steinhart-st5.html

• Automatic caliber ST.5 11 1/2''
  • Hour, minute and central second
  • Date display with quickset function
  • Hacking second
  • Anthracite galvanized bridges in cube-design
  • 28,800 vibrations per hour
  • 25 jewels
  • Shock protection with geometrically shaped, rotating spring
  • Decorated, skeletonized gilt rotor

Looking forward to pics when it arrives.

You can count on it! :)

Kcore

I have one incoming also. Ordered it over the weekend. Also ordered a really nice vintage strap from Steinhart.

http://www.steinhart...-Crash,333.html

CONGRATS on both the watch and strap!

Post pics when you get it - Wear in health.