Sign in to follow this  
mulder

Watch Prices In Australia

mulder

Went out yesterday with the missus and stopped at a watch shop and spotted two new watches I had not seen before.

I liked the look of both of them so I asked to have a look. Both watches had a good weight to them and felt the goods. Dial easy to see and both, to me and the wife , looked stylish and were well made.

The price $500 AUD each. The sales lady said they were only new watches in and they were included in their sale so they were both now only $400 AUD each.

I said I would think about it. The wife said why not lay buy the one you like the best. I said I think that was still too expensive and I reckon I could find them on the internet cheaper.

Well to cut a long story short I got the both of them off the internet for just over $150 AUD, a saving of almost $650. I could have bought 5 watches for the price of one.

A business wonder why they are loosing sales to the online world.

(before anyone goes off saying that business has overheads etc I know I worked in retail for some time and I know all the stories).

Also I just go a watch from the USA for $460 AUD landed here and the same watch here in the shops in Australia is $1300.

Why do Australians pay such huge prices? Yes I have heard all the stories that we are only a small retail market etc but the same applies to all items in Australia.

Levi's Jeans $40 in the USA or less. Same here in Australia $100 AUD plus. They come from China and Australia is closer than the USA.

Ruger Firearms $299 USD, $700 plus AUD

Savage Firearm Magazine for a rifle $13.00 USD here $65 AUD

As alreay stated Watches. Two examples. RRP here in Oz $999 AUD, landed here from the USA $326 AUD. RRP here $1300AUD Landed here $460 AUD

Guess Handbags $60 USD here $200 AUD plus

Perfume $100 AUD per 100ml, In the USA $40 USD

Computer USB drives depending on the size could be $20 to $50 cheaper per drive than what you pay in the USA.

Sunglasses, Smith Optics $60 to $70 USD here $200AUD. Oakley $75 USD here $269 AUD.

Toyota Kluger $43.490 AUD there abouts without on road costs. The equivalent Highlander in the USA is $25,855 USD

Its just rediculous what we pay here.

David

Edited by mulder