Sign in to follow this  
TAGster

Celebrating my 100th post: my PAM 112 arrived yesterdad

TAGster

Well mates, I am very happy and excited because yesterday (Sunday) I received a pleasant surprise at midday: the postman nocked at my door to deliver a package from Mary.

I was expecting to have that package until the end of this week, best case scenario on Wednesday since customs released the package on Sat afternoon, but suprisingly I got it yesterday, so it was great!.

The package contents:

Panerai Luminor base 44mm

Movement: Asian Unitas 6497 21600bph with swan neck regulator

Leather strap with tongue buckle (not V shaped one)

Saphire crystal without AR coating

I am very satisfied with the watch, I really like how it feels on my wrist and looks very, very nice. The only kind of "disappointing" issue is the lume feature, it is not as a strong as a expected. I know I couldn´t expect a super lume watch since is a rep, but I expected a little better lume capacity. Anyway that is something that can be easely fixed with a super lume process.

Well, stop the bla bla bla and onto the pictures:

4878244542_d9352aaa4c_z.jpg

4878248274_fd807cf54a_z.jpg

4878251246_0d998f7932_z.jpg

4878263244_ecd3c8154d_z.jpg

4878261548_8a2ebbeb10_z.jpg

4877673801_88df012dc9_z.jpg

4878286666_8c24da167c_z.jpg

The lume shot:

4878258780_a8f464a1c7_z.jpg

TAGster

Let me share some details shots :Monkey:

4877661097_f9f5598d0e_z.jpg

4877659239_9dd46b7b4a_z.jpg

4877663037_0396126055_z.jpg

4877679481_d5abdba73a_z.jpg

4878291474_e991f3c65a_z.jpg

And last but not least, the wrist shot:

4878302206_13ac7620bc_z.jpg

mulder

Very sweet. Lucky man.

David

TAGster

Thanks mate!!

Cheers!

GC

Looks great Tagster!

Very nice photog too...thanks for share'n

btw: enjoy it often!

Member X

That looks great, nice choice :Monkey:

greg_r

that looks excellent. Congrats!

Ska

Beautiful watch and equally beautiful photos keep them coming!!

Usually I'd suggest shifting the colour balance a little further towards blue to bring out the steel but somehow on the Pams the slight brown/gold overtones in your photos suit it really well! Great Job :Monkey:

TAGster

Thanks mates!!

I am enjoying this watch a lot.

Yesterday I went to my neighbor´s to return a DVD I borrowed from him, and I was wearing my watch. He is a well educated guy regarding watches, in fact he owns a couple of gen PAMs, so he immediately noticed my watch and said: "Wow! that is a nice 112", he asked me if he can hold it, and I said yes. So he watched it, turned it around, saw the movement and finally he told his girlfriend: "look, the nice feature of this model is this...", so he put the watch near a lamp and I thought "ooops" he he, but after a few secs., he pulls out the watch and take it to a darker spot on his living room, and fortunately the lume worked well. He told me: "you are a lucky bastard, this watch is very nice".

So, for me I think the watch passed the test, sincerely I was not brave enough to tell him it was a rep, he he.

Cheers!

skintrade

Awesome watch m8 and grats for fooling your friend.

Vector

Beautiful !!

Edited by w4rdee

Ska
Thanks mates!!

I am enjoying this watch a lot.

Yesterday I went to my neighbor´s to return a DVD I borrowed from him, and I was wearing my watch. He is a well educated guy regarding watches, in fact he owns a couple of gen PAMs, so he immediately noticed my watch and said: "Wow! that is a nice 112", he asked me if he can hold it, and I said yes. So he watched it, turned it around, saw the movement and finally he told his girlfriend: "look, the nice feature of this model is this...", so he put the watch near a lamp and I thought "ooops" he he, but after a few secs., he pulls out the watch and take it to a darker spot on his living room, and fortunately the lume worked well. He told me: "you are a lucky bastard, this watch is very nice".

So, for me I think the watch passed the test, sincerely I was not brave enough to tell him it was a rep, he he.

Cheers!

WIN!!

TAGster

Thanks all for your comments.

I have a quick question:

As you might noticed, this watch comes with a strap buckle which is not the V shaped one, so does anybody knows if the gen 112 comes with that buckle?

I know Panerai has also that type of buckle that came with my watch, in fact in the Panerai website under accesories I found this type of buckle, but it has no further information than: "Panerai buckle for 44 watches". And in the collection section I looked for the 112 base luminor, but there is no photos of the strap and buckle.

Thanks!!!

TAGster
Beautiful watch and equally beautiful photos keep them coming!!

Usually I'd suggest shifting the colour balance a little further towards blue to bring out the steel but somehow on the Pams the slight brown/gold overtones in your photos suit it really well! Great Job :D

Thanks mate!

I also usually like to balance the color to the blueish tones when photograph my watches, but the warm tone I got on this shoots really liked me, IMO it makes the photos to look kind of soft and classy.

Pob

What can i say, GREAT watch :)

I'm a little bit jealous :D

Ska

No disrespect to Robert - But I think we can safely Say that Mary is perfectly capable of delivering great PAM reps. The CG looks very impressive!

TAGster
No disrespect to Robert - But I think we can safely Say that Mary is perfectly capable of delivering great PAM reps. The CG looks very impressive!

And it is indeed. The CG is very nice, I think is the best made part of the whole watch, the pin is very nice finished, well inserted and is not loose.

Sebastian7777

Love it !!!

Great Pics

HeavyKrush

Tag, curious if this is one of WI's H factory $140 specials? I have the 111 and the lume is quite nice. Best of my small collection that includes a UPO and a V2 ploprof.

RichardMiami

ummmmmmmmmmmmm... two year old thread.

just sayin'

HeavyKrush
ummmmmmmmmmmmm... two year old thread.

just sayin'

Ha! Christ Rich, it's early... Need more coffee mate.

baxter

very nice indeed :thumbsup:

EDIT

Doh -- 2010 post !! still hadn't seen it and very nice - so hope you've been enjoying it in good health for the last 2 years :D