Sign in to follow this  
YotaBoy

Black Dial 21J Steelfish!!!

YotaBoy

Today I received my Black Steelfish from Michelle. I chose this because I needed a break from Rolex, I needed a rough and rugged watch that I wouldn't have to baby for daily use. It took only a week to arrive using EMS, and all I can say is for $140 WOW.

1959990_757055611012928_864714862_n.jpg

Everything is perfect except the arrow at the 60 minute mark which is misaligned a bit to the left and the S in Superocean is too straight. As I was setting the time I noticed that the date changed exactly at 12 o'clock precisely, a cool feature.

1975207_757055747679581_591880584_n.jpg1972383_757055934346229_1487331073_n.jpg

Engravings on the back are very clean and deep, same goes for the ones on the bracelet clasp. The bracelet itself feels pretty solid but isn't as heavy as it looks and to be honest, the angled Breitling bracelet is an acquired taste, something I'm taking a long time to warm up to.

1972290_757075504344272_669959280_n.jpg

Lume is decent and charges quickly from weak ceiling lights, it doesn't need a direct lamp.

15196_757075461010943_141295588_n.jpg

I tried capturing the Blue AR coating on the Sapphire but was unsuccessful, you can see it a little around the 6'o clock marker, but it's definitely there- I had to ask Michelle whether it was a black or blue when I first received the QC Pics!

This is my first watch above $100 and I am just amazed at how close it comes to the Gen and the bang for the buck. I fear that my reps will only get more and more expensive as my eye for detail is improving. :help3: But for now, I'm just a happy kid :D I haven't gotten it sized yet but the 44MM sits on my juvenile wrist perfectly and I love the weight to it.

PS: I put the Steelfish side by side to my Yachtmaster-II as both have a 21J movement and I observed that the Steelfish's sweep is noticeably smoother than the Yachtmaster, the Breitling sweeps at what appears to be 7-8 ticks a sec to the Rolex's jerky 5-6 ticks...... maybe it has the so called "hi-beat" 21J..................

who-knows.jpg

nunu78

Looks great , enjoy it often.

Mwhitetx

Nice write up, keep it up and keep learning. Good job mate!

Aren

Nice review. Great looking watch and photos.

Glad you are happy with your purchase.

Enjoy your new watch.

Congratulations!

:)

YotaBoy

Thanks guys, your kind comments only make me wanna spend more money on this hobby of ours :drool:

MikeAlmighty

Wow! Michele has these for $140? I just paid $208 for mine. :Doh:

YotaBoy

Wow! Michele has these for $140? I just paid $208 for mine. :Doh:

138 actually :giggle: Did you get yours from Toro? His has the Asian 2836 movement which is superior to the 21J in mine so I think that justifies the higher price.