Sign in to follow this  
Watchlover1996

Does this look like genuine stingray leather???

Watchlover1996

So i just recently bought online a blue colored stingray leather watch band and had come in recently .

Now i am no experts in the world of leathers which is why i am asking anyone if they know what genuine stingray leather feels likeand could tell me the texture? and if this looks like genuine stingray? :help3:

unnamed-24_zps74de7ff4.jpg

TheInthusiest

Something about it makes me want to say no... the skins little ridges should be closer together... But then again, it could just be this particular strap. The seam looks nice when it is bonded at the ends.

How much did you pay for it?

myaz

Can't help you there, and just my opinion, but if it's genuine stingray, it's still a poor imitation of plastic……sorry :(

mysterio

I thought that was cobblestone. :lol:

Seriously, there are two types of stingray leather, one with unpolished scales which kinda look like the one in your picture or polished which I already saw and it's smooth. Can't be too sure about the unpolished stingray hide, maybe Serge or McJules or some other strap maker can chime in.

TheInthusiest

Here are some gen stingray straps and bracelets.

U9WL9hS.png

w2wzPTA.jpg

ZESa3n2.jpg

8uuBQfx.png

8qmXI2T.png

c2cn5IR.jpg

D325C1S.png

SCU9zay.jpg

3AayURB.png

qcPXSw5.jpg

Watchlover1996
Something about it makes me want to say no... the skins little ridges should be closer together... But then again, it could just be this particular strap. The seam looks nice when it is bonded at the ends.

Haha like 35$ on amazon pretty cheap so that's why I was asking lol.. But yeah I was pretty skepticle about it when I got it & I follow spejeweler on insta too!:D

TheInthusiest

Haha like 35$ on amazon pretty cheap so that's why I was asking lol.. But yeah I was pretty skepticle about it when I got it & I follow spejeweler on insta too! :D

Whats yo insta? LOL

Watchlover1996

Haha like 35$ on amazon pretty cheap so that's why I was asking lol.. But yeah I was pretty skepticle about it when I got it & I follow spejeweler on insta too! :D

Whats yo insta? LOL

Qslank follow me bro! Hahaha

Watchlover1996

@Qslank

TheInthusiest

@Qslank

Nice Merc. ;)

Cool insta! :D

Watchlover1996

@Qslank

Nice Merc. ;)

Cool insta! :D

Thanks bro , you have some nice time pieces :]

McJules

it look weird...

the dots seems to have too much space between them but when you look at the folded part around the lug, you see how it was cut and leave some beads uncut. wich is typical from stingray.

it doesn't seem to be well made either.

to know if it's real, take a needle and try to pass it through a bead. stingrays are rock solid and nothing can go through the dots.

Kleen™

I only have stingray on my daito, but there the beads are much closer.

Serge D

Back in the day, before i found out one can buy a polished stingray :D i was polishing it on my own.

As you sand those bumps/beads down they look bigger in diameter as you get closer to its foundation part. It looks genuine stingray, but it does look like a $30-40 strap.

TheInthusiest
Back in the day, before i found out one can buy a polished stingray :D i was polishing it on my own.

As you sand those bumps/beads down they look bigger in diameter as you get closer to its foundation part. It looks genuine stingray, but it does look like a $30-40 strap.

Never thought about it like that.. :lol:

Thank god for leather smiths! Haha

But OP's doesn't look sanded down..

Serge D

Never thought about it like that.. :lol:

Thank god for leather smiths! HahaBut OP's doesn't look sanded down..

Yes that was my point. Its not sanded down enough.

yawn

Dam that MBF2 is sexy.