Sign in to follow this  
DejaWho

Need your advice. JLC, broken rotor removed and it's still loud...

DejaWho

could it be that I need to open the bezel and it'll come from the front?

LightGeek

This sounds like great fun! Remember to take lots of pictures on your journey...

DejaWho

Loads of fun :help3:

I gave up. On the plus side I did open another watch where the stem was spinning free and was able to fix it... Thanks for all the help.

if anyone knows how to get the movement out of a JLC Master Geo do let me know.

SSTEEL

If its anything like one I recently helped with, the movement is accessible/removable from the front.

DejaWho

If its anything like one I recently helped with, the movement is accessible/removable from the front.

Tried looking up the thread but can't find it. I can't imagine opening the front without damaging it if I need to pop it off?

SSTEEL

I will see if I can find it, hang on.

SSTEEL

Here you go..

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...1

Thanks Aren, what are the chances of that, posting the exact same thread link at exactly the same time lol.

Well it was exactly the same time, but after editing to point that out the minute or so had past :lol:

DejaWho

Thank you gents. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

I can't imagine how I can pop it open without leaving a big scratch.

Poping off a Sub bezel would be easier because the bezel is larger than the case (so there's a lip to use), in this case it's the opposite...

Yesterday my girlfriend saw me working on the watch and asked how it's going, my reply was "just waiting on some advice from the guys". She thinks i'm a weirdo. :wacko:

P4GTR

This is turning into quite the project... I'd tell you to quit now, but you've been in over your head for a while now. :giggle:

I'd need to get hands-on to help at this point, anything else I say would be pure speculation. I'll still poke my head in to see how it comes along. Best of luck! And yes.. roll the crown back and forth as you slowly push it in next time, it should go back in just fine.

DejaWho

Thanks P4GTR

Was able to get the stem back in, and everything back in it's original order... but if I can get the front off then I'll take it all apart again (gladly), it bugs me to have parts floating around inside the watch....

sledge-hammer-alarm-clock-o.gif

JSJ

You can do this!

What else are you going to do? Your girlfriend already thinks you're a weirdo. Nothing to lose now.

JSJ

Where are you? I'm in the UK. I'd really like to help you. The bezel will come off.

DejaWho

Thanks so much! I'm actually in NYC. I will be giving it another try when I get home. I also PM'd the user who was able to take the front off his watch to see how exactly he did it.

I do like learning and seeing how things work... and so far I didn't brake anything.

JSJ

You are doing fine! It's fun learning this stuff isn't it? I'm only a couple of months in front of you.

Keep at it!

DejaWho

After consulting with Panerista I was able to pop the bezel off.

Seems there are no loose screws inside, but that the location wheel is actually a little loose in the case, and is the source of the noise/rattling...

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix that?

photo_5.jpg

Edited by DejaWho

DejaWho

Solution...

I ended up sacrificing the functionality of the location wheel and put two tiny pieces of foam under it. It no longer turns/works but it also doesn't make noise anymore.

Thanks for all the help and emotional support ;):beer2:

SSTEEL

Glad you resolved the use to your satisfaction mate. Not ideal, but as long as you're happy :)

JSJ

Well done mate. Good job on the bezel.

The mystery of the missing screws and brackets remains. How have you fixed the movement in place?

DejaWho

Glad you resolved the use to your satisfaction mate. Not ideal, but as long as you're happy :)

Thanks Mickey. No, not ideal at all, but at least it's wearable now...

Well done mate. Good job on the bezel.

The mystery of the missing screws and brackets remains. How have you fixed the movement in place?

I guess they just left those (screws/brackets) out at the factory?

I didn't think about securing it, I just put the movement back in the same way it was... not sure what other options I had...

Thanks for following this thread and for the help JSJ.

JSJ

Glad to have been able to offer moral support. Great that you are happy with the result.