Sign in to follow this  
Springbokkie

Advice sought for Pam strap

Springbokkie

Hi

Can anyone tell me will a Asso strap work with a deployment clasp?

In the process of buying a PAM188 H Daylight and the strap that is being offered is not to my hubby liking.

He likes the Asso tan calf/ suede.

And likes deployment clasp.

We are both complete novices .. So I don't know if I am asking a silly question here.

But would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Springbokkie

grb

Yes but you must get the correct strap. If you look at the end that attaches to the buckle there is a cut out for the tongue of the buckle to sit, for a tang this is 4mm wide for deployant it's 7mm wide, of course if you want you can get a tang strap and try and cut 3mm out

grb

Look at the size of the gap cut out in no 4 compared to it's equivalent in no3. That's the difference between the two styles of buckle you are after

DSC_0002-1_zpsbd22fc58.jpg

Springbokkie

Grb thank you so so much for explaining this to me.

Most grateful.

Kleen™

I've converted several tang-straps to fit a deployant. It takes two minutes, providing you use a VERY sharp knife/stanley...

grb

I've converted several tang-straps to fit a deployant. It takes two minutes, providing you use a VERY sharp knife/stanley...

Agree entirely

grb

Only problem is the cut is deeper on the tang over the depolyant so you have a 1mm extra gap which is hardly noticeable

Springbokkie

Thanks for the advice guys, greatly appreciate it.

Springbokkie

This has all come about because I received QC pics with a poor quality 'croc like' strap .. That wasn't in the pic for the watch I've paid for..

When pointed out I'm told that I have to pay extra for that same strap and this is what factory has provided ($348 for watch.. Which has image depicting the superior strap).

Enquired about the Asso strap and if this could be used with the deployant clasp... Reply was no it can't.

But thank you so much for advice.

Have a great day

grb

Unless you buy a decent strap at the outset, make sure you budget at least another $100-250 for a strap, whatever purchase you make the watch will come alive.

The 188 looks pretty good on rubber, which you can probably source a genuine item for $90-120

Pseudonym

Bear in mind the tail of straps meant for a tang buckle are generally thicker. You do get Asso 'a specific for deployments. I much prefer them and have had 90% of my custom work made for them (excluding 372)

Springbokkie

Oh really? That's an excellent price for a genuine rubber strap! Where can I source that?

Springbokkie
Bear in mind the tail of straps meant for a tang buckle are generally thicker. You do get Asso 'a specific for deployments. I much prefer them and have had 90% of my custom work made for them (excluding 372)

Which TD stocks these? Do you know offhand ?

grb

Oh really? That's an excellent price for a genuine rubber strap! Where can I source that?

Have a look on risti

http://www.paneristi.com/

Springbokkie

This Grb will do.

Pseudonym

All of the TD's will be able to source a standard length Asso for Deploy. If you enquire about the strap currently offered with the PAM360 PVD, you'll see it's an Asso. I have it now on my 390 with polished Deploy.

zyjevy9u.jpg

Springbokkie

All of the TD's will be able to source a standard length Asso for Deploy. If you enquire about the strap currently offered with the PAM360 PVD, you'll see it's an Asso. I have it now on my 390 with polished Deploy.

zyjevy9u.jpg

Thanks Pseudonym,

That looks really good! I'm going to email and see if I can get that

Pseudonym

If you're not bothered by branding, you can pick them up on eBay for cheap.

eBay shop called "kingnob" :giggle: has them.

Springbokkie

Fabulous!

I might just do that as an extra strap

Springbokkie

You are a gem!

Thank you