Sign in to follow this  
creep

Looking for a Hublot or Breitling

creep

Hey guys,

Probably a stupid ass thread to start with, but I'm up for buying a rep Hublot or Breitling. Either a Big Bang 44m or some kind of Avenger, preferably with leather strap. Any input of which of the dealers that has the best reps of those? Of course with best winding possible, as well as the general quality. Guess I could spend between $200-400...

C

Luthier

Email Mary.

And welcome to the forum!

greg_r

The thing to do is decide what you want and then approach one or two of our trusted dealers. Whilst some popular models are available in two or more versions, most of the watches come from the same small number of factories - and all the dealers source their watches from the same places. The majority of our trusted dealers should be able to supply the watches you are after - when you've decided on something specific, let us know and we may be able to give further advice...

Check out the dealers here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=67

dingle

I have yet to see any stupid threads here....:Whistle:

welcome to the nuthouse :)

creep
The thing to do is decide what you want and then approach one or two of our trusted dealers. Whilst some popular models are available in two or more versions, most of the watches come from the same small number of factories - and all the dealers source their watches from the same places. The majority of our trusted dealers should be able to supply the watches you are after - when you've decided on something specific, let us know and we may be able to give further advice...

Check out the dealers here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=67

I've looked around for quite some time now. For now I have a few options. These are the most interesting pieces for now:

Breitling Chronomat Evolution from Mary:

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=2119

81b915039c9df648b4cf72a20b9ee0b3.image.150x112.jpg

Same watch with gold details:

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=2114

bfc85cc5ad48c56c9cd7a174f2331143.image.150x112.jpg

Hublot from Mary:

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=1362

290f64112cc4e621b4ffadb5efb92822.image.150x112.jpg

Breitling Chronomat Evo from replicamake:

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...products_id=892

BL01022%20BREITLING%20EVOLUTION%20V2%20TT%20A-7750%20(22).JPG

Hublot from replicamake:

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...products_id=655

HUBLOT%20BIG%20BANG%20BRUSHED%20CERAMIC%20ASIAN%20SWISS%207750%20(15).JPG

In general, prices seem a bit higher at replicamake. Is it well motivated or are the watches pretty much the same? I'd rather want gold, both in the Breitling or the Hublot, but if the plating fades after a short period of time it's plain stupid. Is plating a bad choice in general?

Anyone who's got an input about the choice? I've owned a few Hublots and Breitlings that cost me ~$200 before but they were plain shit. Guess that's why I post these stupid ass questions, just don't want to buy another crappy timekeeper :fail:

Regards,

C

Edited by creep

greg_r

Mary's prices are generally very competitive, but I wouldn't call RM expensive - it's often the case, though, that you'll find one particular watch cheaper at one dealer and another watch at a different dealer. Well worth shopping around.

Personally I think those v1 Hublots are very overpriced for what they are - but then I'm not a Hublot fan anyhow. There's two ranges of Hublot reps that you'll find - the v1 tends to be in the $450 region and the others in the $300 region. I suspect that the two watches you are comparing are from two different ranges - hence the price differential. Best talk to one of our Hublot fans about the difference, though as I really don't know much about Hublot.

The Breit BCE is a good rep - you won't go too far wrong with any of those. Yes, the gold plating is going to be less durable than stainless steel - some people find the plating wears off fairly quickly, others find that it lasts quite well (I'm in the latter camp) but it depends on the sort of wear it's going to get. If you're going to wear it every day, I'd stick with SS.

trailboss99

Wot Greg said.

Two Tone Gold is not too bad as most of the wear points are in stainless.

All of those are great watches but you need to talk to one of the Hublot guys before you spend any money on one.

Don't forget to read the 7750 care and feeding thread too: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

Col.

ReplicaMake

My price for the all gold Hublot is $ 648 (Gold Case, Gold Bezel, 28800 bph)

It is $ 315 more expensive than other dealer.

creep

What would you say about the evos or the super avengers? Which of your models is the best deal according to you? And which bracelet is the most authentic looking: leather, rubber or steel?

Think this one is really good looking:

BL02054%20BREITLING%20SKYLAND%20AVENGER%20BLACK%20LEATHER%20A-7750%20(2).JPG

$238 isn't too much to argue about either. Are the ~$320 models much better than the ~$250 models?

Edited by creep

greg_r

Having spoken to someone who knows their Hublots, there's a couple of points that need to be made here.

Firstly, the Gold Hublot listed on ReplicaMake's site is indeed the higher-quality v1 version - and $648 is very much the right sort of price. You'll find that most dealers sell it at that price or higher.

There's also a cheaper version at about $350-ish (the v2), which RM can also supply. It appears that this is the version Mary is listing on her site (although there are questions whether the wrong photo has been used by mistake - not sure about that, though..). Certainly you won't get a v1 Hublot for anything like the price of the model you linked from Mary's site.

ReplicaMake's website is great and should be your first port of call if you want to buy from Lay, but, in contrast, we do not publish Mary's website address on her section here for very good reasons: it's not kept terribly up to date and, due to the fact that she doesn't have the time to spend a lot of effort maintaining it, isn't always as accurate as her forum listings.

Ultimately, Mary's web site isn't really intended for forum users. Just as other dealers (such as Timesshop or WE) have one site for us and another site for the general internet buying public, Mary's site is there to pick up passing traffic, but her forum sales are intended to be either from her listings or as a result of direct email communication. If you buy a watch from her that way she will then send you a photo of the actual watch you will receive for approval before shipping. You may sometimes also get a better price than you would buying direct from her website. Overall, If you want to buy a watch from Mary, I would recommend forgetting about her website entirely and contacting her via email.

creep
Having spoken to someone who knows their Hublots, there's a couple of points that need to be made here.

Firstly, the Gold Hublot listed on ReplicaMake's site is indeed the higher-quality v1 version - and $648 is very much the right sort of price. You'll find that most dealers sell it at that price or higher.

There's also a cheaper version at about $350-ish (the v2), which RM can also supply. It appears that this is the version Mary is listing on her site (although there are questions whether the wrong photo has been used by mistake - not sure about that, though..). Certainly you won't get a v1 Hublot for anything like the price of the model you linked from Mary's site.

ReplicaMake's website is great and should be your first port of call if you want to buy from Lay, but, in contrast, we do not publish Mary's website address on her section here for very good reasons: it's not kept terribly up to date and, due to the fact that she doesn't have the time to spend a lot of effort maintaining it, isn't always as accurate as her forum listings.

Ultimately, Mary's web site isn't really intended for forum users. Just as other dealers (such as Timesshop or WE) have one site for us and another site for the general internet buying public, Mary's site is there to pick up passing traffic, but her forum sales are intended to be either from her listings or as a result of direct email communication. If you buy a watch from her that way she will then send you a photo of the actual watch you will receive for approval before shipping. You may sometimes also get a better price than you would buying direct from her website. Overall, If you want to buy a watch from Mary, I would recommend forgetting about her website entirely and contacting her via email.

Thanks for the polite and noob-friendly answers, all of you. Having that said and already excused before this post, which Breitling Evo or SA would you guys buy? :D

Just have to +1 the uncles post about fast answering from replicamake. Had to wait for like 2 minutes before I got a reply via mail. Seems very serious.

Edited by creep

ReplicaMake

What would you say about the evos or the super avengers? Which of your models is the best deal according to you? And which bracelet is the most authentic looking: leather, rubber or steel?

$238 isn't too much to argue about either. Are the ~$320 models much better than the ~$250 models?

I have some review on neighbor site. You may take a look there.

Black and blue best seller than grey.

I have never seen the gen, so i do not have comment to you :D

creep

I have some review on neighbor site. You may take a look there.

Black and blue best seller than grey.

I have never seen the gen, so i do not have comment to you :D

Ok. Can't access the other site for some reason. I'd be very thankful if someone sent me the text through PM or something.

ReplicaMake

admin here will :D me

Baldrick

Personally I'd go for breitling, it has a better heritage than Hublot and a more diverse range of models, it's also a more 'public aware' brand and there is a greater degree of perception of it being a 'luxury;' watch, Id' go for the Breitling Blackbird personally, just a little bit different and very classy on a strap :D

NOT MY PHOTOS

365BREITLINGBLACKBIRD5.jpg

365BREITLINGBLACKBIRD2.jpg

365BREITLINGBLACKBIRD3.jpg

365BREITLINGBLACKBIRD1.jpg

365BREITLINGBLACKBIRD4-1.jpg

creep
Personally I'd go for breitling, it has a better heritage than Hublot and a more diverse range of models, it's also a more 'public aware' brand and there is a greater degree of perception of it being a 'luxury;' watch, Id' go for the Breitling Blackbird personally, just a little bit different and very classy on a strap :)

Really nice, Baldrick. Do you own one yourself?

Still wondering about the strap. Is it best to go with a rubber? Guess it's more difficult to make a leather/ss strap look authentic than the rubber versions.

Baldrick

I used to, but bowed to pressure to sell ( at a profit :lol:)

It's on my list for renewal, you can get some very nice thick leather straps, rubber is also available.

The reason I like it is simply beacuse it's the most logical dial layout for a chronograph, the tri-compax mov't and 3 / 6 / 9 dial layout are easy to read, some companies incorporate the date window within the 6 sub dial, it usually ends up being too small, the 12 date layout is perfect and the dial has complete symmetry with the baton markers, when the stopwatch seconds hand ia 'parked' it makes the perfect divider for the double window date, just a beautiful design all round, I miss mine, beautifully built also :D

creep
I used to, but bowed to pressure to sell ( at a profit :D)

It's on my list for renewal, you can get some very nice thick leather straps, rubber is also available.

The reason I like it is simply beacuse it's the most logical dial layout for a chronograph, the tri-compax mov't and 3 / 6 / 9 dial layout are easy to read, some companies incorporate the date window within the 6 sub dial, it usually ends up being too small, the 12 date layout is perfect and the dial has complete symmetry with the baton markers, when the stopwatch seconds hand ia 'parked' it makes the perfect divider for the double window date, just a beautiful design all round, I miss mine, beautifully built also :)

From where did you buy it and for how much? Was it close to the gen?

AllergyDoc

Here are my Breitlings:

Skyland on rubber:

4160533845_14ba6bd193_o.jpg

The band is not very comfortable. The Ocean Racer is far more comfy but I'm not sure it comes in 22mm size.

On leather:

4173463224_7696ae50b6_o.jpg

More comfy but the strap wasn't as nice as I thought it would be.

The Super Avenger:

4640103105_275dc3a3a7_o.jpg

4524465945_d476009a1e_o.jpg

4512566612_c3ddfd7378_o.jpg

The rubber band is nice and comfy but it's been hit-and-miss with the deployment clasp: they're prone to breaking.

The leather strap is nice. I like the steel bracelet but it doesn't secure the large watch case to the wrist very well so is a little more uncomfortable for me to wear. All that polished steel is "blingy".

4511926105_0c7f842e5b_o.jpg

NFleischer

DSC00139.jpg

Here's my HB BB from Puretime for $270. I had 2 ( got one for my uncle- he loves it). I've had it for about 2 years, no

problems.

MikeMcNair

doc, PM sent about this piece of art, it is SOOOOO sharp!!!

4640103105_275dc3a3a7_o.jpg

pollux1

I have a v1 Hublot, believe me they are worth every penny extra. Much more gen like imho.