Sign in to follow this  
maddaego

Comparing a few PO 42mm Orange. Advice?

maddaego

I don't post much, but I sure do read, and read, and read. That said, this hasn't been discussed.

I'm trying to narrow down the "best" Planet Ocean 42mm Orange.

Totobravo has one up as Noob Asian 2836 for $328, and TS for $348. Trusty has what I believe is the identical item for $268. It is always tough to tell the small things apart until you've got them in hand, but I can't identify any difference.

Before anyone types "Why don't you email the dealer?", I did. Despite the many positive reviews I have read on this forum I have not had very good luck communicating with ANY of the TD's,and then Trusty's site went down. So.... any first-hand advice?

captaincaveman

What toro and TS have listed is most likely the same model, the noob Cr 42mm PO.

Can you post a link to Trusty's watch? At 268, I wonder if this might be the BP version. Most folks seem to think the noob Cr PO is superior to the BP version.

maddaego

Absolutely. For some reason I thought posting links was forbidden? Maybe because no one ever mentions where they got the watch they review? Here's the link, but their site is currently down:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=11110

I'm pretty sure the second Milgauss I got was a BP, because my first was a Noob from Marvellous, and it was vastly superior.

RUSH2112

You can post links and pics, just not QC pics.

maddaego

This clears it up:

FROM Trusty:

"No. We sell ONLY the BP factory top end omegas POs. The noob factory ones had poor lume on dial and also not as good quality and provide lousy after sales service, thanks"

From what I have read on the board the BP versions had a lot of issues with crowns breaking off and stripped tubes?

captaincaveman

Yup, first take whatever Andrew (and his twin, Josh) says about Noob with a grain of salt. They are clearly biased against Mr. Creme for reasons not worth getting into here.

BP's version is slightly older than the noob version which only recently came out in Q4 of last year. Read the excellent Tale of Two Planets review and decide yourself which you prefer. Noob seems to have the narrow edge with new Seagull (vs who knows what) movements w/ pretty pearlage, silver raised DW font, non-fading bezel, more robust crown-tubes. BP costs less. After experiencing some annoying quality issues with a different BP watch model, I've sworn them off.

I'll share that I just approved QC pics from Ryan on a Noob Cr 42mm. So clearly I made my choice. Good luck with yours!

Cheesemonger

I can say that I looked at both and went the Noob route. Crown screws down very nicely and no issues with it at all. You may have to wait for the TD to review a couple of them as the dials, bezels and pearl can have issues, so you will need to be patient with the TD while they try to get the best one they can for you.

garbear99

I have the Toro version. It is my favorite watch by far. I have not compared to other versions, but I have compared to the gen at an AD. (By memory. I did not bring the repnto the AD.) The watch is brilliant.

JazzV3

Thanks for the info in your post Captain.

I had recently posted a similar question about which version Josh was selling vs Toro's version.

Toro's site specifically stated it was N Factory. Josh's site did not, but was the same watch noted in the link to Trusty.

As mentioned above, this was the review I read which led me to ask the question.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=69284

I think I will be placing another Toro order shortly.... :thumbsup:

frozen

Anyone water tested these? I know, each watch is different, just trying to get a feel if this is one of those watches that waterproofs well or not before I order.

maddaego

Also thanks from me, Captain. That's the type info I was looking for and just keptreading and reading and reading. Sounds like this might be the definitive review when these come in. I ordered mine and have inspected the gens, so hopefully I will have some valuable feedback. Also, yes there's a $10 price discrepceny between TB and PC, but after the WI duiscount TB's is $318 USD total.