Sign in to follow this  
Conex

3135 Mod

Conex

Ok I have read a few posts on the 3135 movement, most of them saying stay away/avoid!! Does this apply to a Swiss ETA 2836 that is modded to look like a 3135? What I am trying to say is, is there a difference between someone saying it's a 3135 copy and someone saying it's a 2836ETA modded to look like a 3135 (therefore only being aesthetic)?

greg_r

The modifications applied to the Swiss movement are, essentially the same as applied to an Asian clone so the same caveats apply (not to mention that the majority of so-called 'ETA' movements in reps are now refurbished so may well contain clone parts anyhow).

The 3135 clone has improved somewhat over the last year or so and is no longer as poor reliability-wise as it was. However, I still don't see the point - Rolex watches have closed casebacks so you're never going to see it anyhow. Save your dough and go for the standard Asian clone 28xx instead.

jerkstore
The 3135 clone has improved somewhat over the last year or so and is no longer as poor reliability-wise as it was. However, I still don't see the point - Rolex watches have closed casebacks so you're never going to see it anyhow. Save your dough and go for the standard Asian clone 28xx instead.

Agreed. Unless you're building a franken with a genuine dial and hands (saving you from chopping the dial feet), there's not much point to using a 3135 clone.

Pob

The only point in buying clone 3135 i can see is that the hands will move correctly, clockwise. All the rest you'll be better with clone 2836 ;)

Odyseus

Agreed. Unless you're building a franken with a genuine dial and hands (saving you from chopping the dial feet), there's not much point to using a 3135 clone.

+100 don't forget the fitting go a genuine date wheel :)

Conex

Ok thanks guys.