Sign in to follow this  
loketje

laugh or cry ?

loketje

I can hardly believe it, but yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, my first watch was delivered to a friends address.

That's the good part.

The not so good part is that it doesn't run.

It goes for about a minute and then stops.

I contacted Robert yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I'm a bit hesitant to send it back because of the hassle I had of getting it here in the first place.

Should I try contacting a local watchmaker ?

Onze or Silver, or anyone from Holland, you know one that's willing to work on reps ?

Akira
I can hardly believe it, but yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, my first watch was delivered to a friends address.

That's the good part.

I contacted Robert yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I'm a bit hesitant to send it back because of the hassle I had of getting it here in the first place.

Onze or Silver, or anyone from Holland, you know one that's willing to work on reps ?

which movement has it?

have you wound it allready?

loketje

That's the good part.

which movement has it?

have you wound it allready?

Duh, of course I wound it.

it's 6497 movement, I believe.

onzenuub

You can choose, either contact Robert. Or pm Francisco or Dome, they are both @ RG. You can also ask Brightlight if he can help.

Brightlight

That's the good part.

It's unlikely to be anything serious loketje, the 6497 is fairly bulletproof, but they are prone to stopping if pressure is applied in the wrong area or if they're not completely square in the case. Try loosening the back and see if that makes any difference, also unscrew or release the crown and try again. I can look at it for you if you can't find anyone in Holland, but you'd have to post it to UK.

onzenuub

Loketje I have a watchrepairguy who is willing to work @ reps. His business wil be closed for the next 3 weeks because of a vacation. I suggest you send it to Brightlight. Wil take about one week to send it and to receive it again.

loketje

That's the good part.

It's unlikely to be anything serious loketje, the 6497 is fairly bulletproof, but they are prone to stopping if pressure is applied in the wrong area or if they're not completely square in the case. Try loosening the back and see if that makes any difference, also unscrew or release the crown and try again. I can look at it for you if you can't find anyone in Holland, but you'd have to post it to UK.

ok, thanks, I'm a bit hesitant to start poking around inside myself. I'll have a look and get back to you.

Loketje I have a watchrepairguy who is willing to work @ reps. His business wil be closed for the next 3 weeks because of a vacation. I suggest you send it to Brightlight. Wil take about one week to send it and to receive it again.

Thanks Onze.

Silverspeed

Nice to hear you finally got a watch...

like said above try and have it fixed locally, it's probably

a small issue...if you can post a pic of the movement with the

caseback off...perhaps BL can point in the right direction

loketje
Nice to hear you finally got a watch...

like said above try and have it fixed locally, it's probably

a small issue...if you can post a pic of the movement with the

caseback off...perhaps BL can point in the right direction

I would like to, but am unwilling to ask local watch smiths if they're prepared to work on reps.

KBH

Also, make sure the hands are not hitting on anything, including each other. If it stops at the same place every time, that will be the problem.

onzenuub
If it stops at the same place every time, that will be the problem.

Do you mean with the same place every time on the street, if so, there could be a traffic light involved as wel.

loketje

Do you mean with the same place every time on the street, if so, there could be a traffic light involved as wel.

lol :notworthy:

KBH

Your a a real comedian, Onze. You ought to be on stage.......................

The first stage out of town! :D

onzenuub

Your a a real comedian, Onze. You ought to be on stage.......................

The first stage out of town! :D

Always nice to have moderators with humour

tomeeee

That's the good part.

makes me think is it worth buying online, i'm defo gonna stock up next time i'm in dubai. i bought a tag f1 a coup;e of days ago from a rep dealer and i hate it....

hope you get sorted soon.

Edited by tomeeee

dingle

I have to admit. I chuckled at that one....:D