Sign in to follow this  
danco

Would there be a difference in quality between these two watches?

danco

Hello

Im curious to know which of these watch has greater quality.

Im aware that the second one is slightly newer however I'm not sure if that actually means anything?

http://www.p-cls.com/rldpx10002-sspvd-black-sticks-asia-7750-running-secs-p-9902.html

http://www.p-cls.com/rlds00053-daytona-116506-sscerss-black-a7750-sec6-p-14799.html

Thanks for the help!

fatarms

No real difference in quality as far as I can see, but read up on 7750's with seconds at 6. They can be ticking timebombs due to the movement freezing up.

James.

2ns @9 and 2nds @6

DG335

I don't know the watch but looks similar with spec. Same mechanism just mainly cosmetic differences?

Pricing is usually a great guide - no difference !

I do know there's a big debate about the runnig at 6 secs. Most fans avoid them as they appear to be unreliable but if you search the posts there is loads on that subject

dalboy

All of above , + the only other difference is one has PVD bezel and the other a Ceramic one , and superlumed too . other than that no great shakes !

Dal.

fatarms

The new and improved 29 jewels 7750 with seconds running at 6 does not address the fact that the gear that runs the seconds at 6 is sitting flush against the plate. In other words, jewels are used as pivot points for moving gears. They reduce friction. The 29J movement does not get rid of the friction of the gears used to run the seconds hand and the gear itself runs while lying on the plate. It will eventually slow down due to the friction. How long it takes is up for debate. Some have had them fail in weeks, others have had them running for years without problems. It's up to you how much you want to gamble.

danco

the short life span does concern me however i believe that by hacking the mechanism when I'm not wearing the watch, it will prolong its life. and i dont intend to be wearing it often.

danco

does the superlume really effect it?