Sign in to follow this  
Footballer45

AP Diver Gen strap

Footballer45

Good afternoon fellas,

I have a 5.1 en route from Toro.

My question; is it worth buying the genuine rubber strap for this watch, or is the standard rep strap good enough? Is the gen that much better in warranting its purchase?

John

lfovco

It depends if the rubber band is any decent. Gen rubber band is a really high quality band while rep uses the cheapest and worst possible rubber they can get their hands on. I don't have the diver rep, but the rubber band on my Noob JLC Diver was complete crap and it cracked and broke within 3 months.

Footballer45

They're that bad??

I thought they were at worst, a useable, reasonably high quality strap?! It sounds like from your experience it's a necessity to change it, rather than make the upgrade based on gen being much nicer to handle/look at etc.

They don't seem to come up often on eBay (I've checked frequently over the past few weeks).

Anyone know how much an AD would provide one for?

J

Del Boy

I've got an AP Diver 3.5... the strap is amazing... I wouldn't replace mine with a gen cos it'd be a waste of money.

Wait until it arrives, I promise you it will be good enough.

t4_robz

The Gen AP diver straps are about $250-$350 online and probably about $400 from an AD...

I have a rep AP diver strap on the way from Mark at TSWatchLTD.. From what I've heard they are of good quality and are nowhere near as uncomfortable as some other rep rubber straps! I purchased the v3 rubber diver strap, which is supposedly the best version you can get as of now!

link to strap - http://tswatchltd.com/12607-ap-royal-oak-offshore-diver-v3-noob-factory-1-1-best-rubber-strap.html

link to thread comparing v2 & v3 AP diver straps - http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=38790

Hope this helps bud!

- Rob

Footballer45

Very helpful, thanks Rob.

And thanks for tip Del Boy

nobigdeal2010

i have a diver from andrew at tt and the strap is great, not worth buying a gen strap