Sign in to follow this  
grb

What I hate most are

grb

Those lily livered owners of PAM253 who bleat on about "Oh my crystal has shattered", "I wasn't doing anything", "it was only the slightest tap".

What we ought to do is create a sticky of where you would get a new one from and were there any super duper options about getting a better version and how much they were, whether there any types of AR etc.

Anyway my 253 came from Robert's super batch and if anything happened to mine you wouldn't catch me whinging on about it, I'd just refer to this sticky, and if it did ever happen to me I'd get two, in case it happened again

There you go then, what do ya think?

BigBuys

The problem is so prevalent that it needs a sticky, regrettably. Maybe what we really need is a RESOURCES sticky that lists a whole range of parts that are hard to source. :help3:

BentleySharp

The problem is so prevalent that it needs a sticky, regrettably. Maybe what we really need is a RESOURCES sticky that lists a whole range of parts that are hard to source. :help3:

...Or maybe the RWG store could stock some of these hard to find rep specific 'specialty' items?

Just a thought...

BadPickle

Maybe that sticky is next to the sticky entitled- what to do if your watch breaks whilst still in its warranty period.

grb

Maybe that sticky is next to the sticky entitled- what to do if your watch breaks whilst still in its warranty period.

If mine broke it wouldn't be in it's warranty period

Aren

So, what would you do when you get the new crystal...buy a cheapie crystal press for $30 from fleabay or take it to the jeweler?

It pays to buy sapphire up front IMO.

One of my next jobs on a pocket watch is replacing a crystal and it is on hold for tools and part.

grb

So, what would you do when you get the new crystal...buy a cheapie crystal press for $30 from fleabay or take it to the jeweler?

One of my next jobs on a pocket watch is replacing a crystal and it is on hold for tools and part.

I haven't got a new crystal yet, mainly because if I needed one I wouldn't know where to get one from, and if I needed one I would want a better one at least sapphire, and if I needed one I would want two in case it happened again, that is if it happened in the first place, and if it had happened in the first place and I asked where to get one from I would be one of those whiny members who I'm complaining about, but if it had happened to me I would just look at this sticky, if it was a sticky in the first place :wub: :giggle:

Aren

I haven't got a new crystal yet, mainly because if I needed one I wouldn't know where to get one from, and if I needed one I would want a better one at least sapphire, and if I needed one I would want two in case it happened again, that is if it happened in the first place, and if it had happened in the first place and I asked where to get one from I would be one of those whiny members who I'm complaining about, but if it had happened to me I would just look at this sticky, if it was a sticky in the first place :wub: :giggle:

Here's to hoping you never need one grb

:wub:

grb

But..........if I ever did somebody should start the sticky off with where to get the best one and what size they would need if they ever needed one

dalboy

Those lily livered owners of PAM253 who bleat on about "Oh my crystal has shattered", "I wasn't doing anything", "it was only the slightest tap".

What we ought to do is create a sticky of where you would get a new one from and were there any super duper options about getting a better version and how much they were, whether there any types of AR etc.

Anyway my 253 came from Robert's super batch and if anything happened to mine you wouldn't catch me whinging on about it, I'd just refer to this sticky, and if it did ever happen to me I'd get two, in case it happened again

There you go then, what do ya think?

That would be true " G " except . i got it , and its fine .. :thumbsup: ..

Bought your chainsaw yet ?

NCRich

44mm crystal? Not exactly rocket science to find. Jackson has both mineral and sapphire.

Pseudonym

ok... so im definitely ordering the sapphire with the 332.

you want me to add an extra one to the order Gerry?

grb

44mm crystal? Not exactly rocket science to find. Jackson has both mineral and sapphire.

The rocket science is getting the domed crystal, I think Jackson only appears to be advertising 44mm, but I will recheck

grb

Where you getting that from Psym

greg_r

I haven't got a new crystal yet, mainly because if I needed one I wouldn't know where to get one from, and if I needed one I would want a better one at least sapphire, and if I needed one I would want two in case it happened again, that is if it happened in the first place, and if it had happened in the first place and I asked where to get one from I would be one of those whiny members who I'm complaining about, but if it had happened to me I would just look at this sticky, if it was a sticky in the first place :wub::giggle:

I'm glad we got that cleared up. :huh:

grb

No it's next purchase after a f......ing crystal

Pseudonym

Where you getting that from Psym

PC mate. I've just added said 332 to my basket. If you want to enquire, or I can on your behalf re: replacement crystal, I'll get it put in with my shipping and forward to you when it arrives. save you postage etc mate. 2 birds. 1 stone and all that.

let me know.

Frankt8242

These domed crystals have been trouble points for a while now...I fixed my 217 @ 4 yrs ago by putting a $4.00 Plexi from O.Frei on it and my troubles stopped!!

edwinowl

No it's next purchase after a f......ing crystal

You feeling ok Gerry? Send it to me anyway if you need one pal. Which I'm sure you don't.... But if you do. If you know what I mean.

NCRich

The rocket science is getting the domed crystal, I think Jackson only appears to be advertising 44mm, but I will recheck

I got a domed one, but it was a while back.

grb

WTF you on about Andy you make no sense, all these negatives and double negatives. Do you want me to send it to you or not :giggle:

edwinowl

I need a drink.

BadPickle
I need a drink.

I think Gerry has drunk it all Andy

Aren
I need a drink.

I think Gerry has drunk it all Andy

+1 :lol:

grb

No there's still some left, I'll get myself another