Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

Where do i get a GEN ladies OYSTER Rollie bracelet *WITH Glidelock*?

MikeMcNair

as the title states, looking for a GEN glidelock band for a ladies two tone rolex. (see pic)

basically, a friend is planning on having kids, and needs to have an easily adjustable band to conform to her bodily changes when pregnant :lol:

sound silly, but its true. so if you guys know where to source one of these turkeys it would be greatly appreciated.

also, i placed this in the general forum intentionally due to the level of traffic in here vs. in other parts of this forum. so thanks in advance for your understanding.

pic of the piece in question.....

IMG_0297.jpg

Edited by mikemcnair

AllergyDoc

I don't think they exist. For lady's reps, the best bet is a leather strap.

MikeMcNair

Thanks for the reply doc, this is actually a gen, and I am looking fir a gen bracelet. I know this is a rep forum but you guys are so resourceful I figured I would ask here

greg_r

Do Rolex even make a glidelock in the ladie's sizes? I thought the standard fliplock clasps were all that were available...

Ska

yup you're right greg. Glidelock is only available for New Sub and DSSD as far as I know.

There is a 2 tone glidelock bracelet available for the sub but it will set you back around $1500 and there's no guarantee that the SELs will even fit your oyster lugs. Even if they're the right width the holes for the springbars may be located differently which would make it impossible to fit.

I think a leather strap would be your only realistic option.

gB.

Hi Mike, you will need to visit your local Rolex AD if you are looking for a gen replacement TT bracelet, unless you can find a used one from another gen owner that is willing to part with just their bracelet. I will tell you though that the AD's are not allowed to swap out bracelets from another model than the one you have, only replace the exact bracelet that goes with the model in question. From your OP, it appears you are looking for a gen bracelet that goes with another model than what you have. The AD will not do that for you for reasons I just stated. Your best bet is to buy a rep one if it's just for the duration of her pregnancy, and then put the original gen back on afterwards. If you have to have better than a TT plated rep bracelet, you can buy an aftermarket TT with real gold, but it won't have the Rolex clasp, model numbers engraving, etc. You can find several of these options on the web and at eBay. Best of luck! :rofl:

MikeMcNair

thanks for the replies guys!! i think a rep is the way to go too, but she wanted gen (i honestly dont see the point)

where would i find the rep? i searched a bit and only really found leather straps. i think the leather is agreat option as well, but, have you ever tried to change a womans mind? yeah, they can't make decisions reasonably, so we certainly cant influence them :johng: