agrimtex

Hey there, could someone please advise what mouvement si this :

image_zps45da5f3e.jpg

Many thx

Edited by agrimtex

myaz

looks like a manual 6497

agrimtex

Many thx for prompt reply. Is it a good mouvement ? I am a bit sceptical as it appears différent from the pics on puretime ...

This mouvement is advertised as swiss ... Am i Beeing fooled ?

Regards

NFleischer

It's hard to say by that one picture. The main plate may be Swiss but the bridges will be Asian. You may be able to time it, most Asians are 21,600 bph;

the Swiss are 18,000. Also the Inca block looks a bit different. Anyway, most people would say it's not worth the extra $300.

agrimtex

Many thanks. Much appreciated

BaggyPants

Don't get sucked in by the "Swiss" hype. The Asian 6497 movements are virtually bullet proof, and "Swiss" in a rep usually means "some Swiss parts". The decorated parts will be Asian and the incabloc in that one certainly is.

agrimtex

Many thanks for your advice. While reading the forum, i have read that there is a noob v2 and v3. What version do you guys think the Pam on the pic might be ?

greg_r

The noob 111 v2 was discontinued quite a while back - if you order, you'll be getting the current version.

mysterio

There is no difference in the movement for the V2 and the V3. The case seems to be the V3 as the caseback is N series and the CG has squared inner corners.

agrimtex

Many thanks for your advice. Below further pics in case you guys can see some flaws :

image_zps14e0068b.jpg

image_zpsf003b2e7.jpg

black263

Major flaw is that instead of a sapphire crystal, your dial appears to have been covered in polythene. Be aware this scratches really easily, and they're a bugger to polish out.

BaggyPants
:lol:

nobigdeal2010

beautiful piece

agrimtex
Major flaw is that instead of a sapphire crystal, your dial appears to have been covered in polythene. Be aware this scratches really easily, and they're a bugger to polish out.

Many many thanks for advice, i was about to purchase this watch (tomorrow). Could you please explain how you see on simple pic that Its not saphhire Crystal ?

mysterio

Looks fine. And black263 was just joking. :lol:

Edited by mysterio

agrimtex

LoL I was excited to buy this Panerai ... and black just killed my enthousiasme in 2 seconds :)

agrimtex

Anyway, I think I should buy a diamond tester :)

black263

OMG. Surely it's not a protective plastic cover stuck to the crystal. Well blow me, I never guessed :boxedin:

agrimtex
:) difficult to guess indeed ...

alpacameras

If you apply the crystal on the tip of your nose, a sapphire crystal gives a colder sensation as a mineral crystal, and a mineral crystal gives a colder sensation as a plastic crystal.

HeavyKrush
If you apply the crystal on the tip of your nose, a sapphire crystal gives a colder sensation as a mineral crystal, and a mineral crystal gives a colder sensation as a plastic crystal.
Not falling for it. :D

HeavyKrush

Are these QC pics?

agrimtex

Thanks for joining the forum and for this first interesting post ... However, the "tip of my nose" is maybe not as "sensitive" as yours lol

agrimtex
Are these QC pics?

They are not QC pics. It is pics taken in a watch shop I visited during holidays in Thailand ( Bangkok)

HeavyKrush

Got it.

The swan neck and regulator look to be Asian as I don't think Swiss offer a dagger regulator. Personally on a 6497 I wouldn't pay more for Swiss as the Asian version is a rock solid movement.