Sign in to follow this  
rufus

Ice Bang

rufus

I've never bought a replica before and I'm undecided between an Ice Bang and an Ice Bang Lite. They are both from the same dealer (trusted). The photos are identical and stats are virtually the same, the main difference being the AR coating but it's optional ($20) on the Lite. There is a $200 price difference between them. Can anyone tell me what kind of differences to expect between the two models? Can I expect better quality and finish on the more expensive one?

JaervyBarzenblatz

Do you have a link to the two watches in question?

king_o

Good excuse to post an old pic of my Icebang (Lite version)............................

icebang002.jpg

coolin

surely the AR coating cant be the only difference making it $200 more or is that the norm?

Colin

Member X

This is what I'm confused about...

HBBs really aren't my thing so I know bugger all about them - I'm hoping someone who does will post!

rufus

Nice photo of the ice bang lite, King 0. How do you like it? What differences do you notice between yours and a non-lite version?

Member X

i was thinking earlier... the easiest thing to do, rufus, would be to email trusty and ask what the difference is between the two! Hopefully he can tell you... lol

rufus

I sent him a message yesterday but he has not replied yet. I'll let you know what he says if I hear from him.

Member X

Good stuff :lol:

king_o
Nice photo of the ice bang lite, King 0. How do you like it? What differences do you notice between yours and a non-lite version?

Not sure of the differences, but I can tell you mine looks great even though its the lite version!!

AllergyDoc

You should know that www.trustytime.NET is a scam site.

Andrew's site is www.yourtrustytime.com.

The difference between the "lite" versions and expensive versions is quality and maybe something to do with the movement and engraved parts thereof. I can't recall it all now.

Member X

Ah, well spotted AD - I hadn't even picked up on that!

Fail on my part :)

AllergyDoc

There's a long, pinned thread on this on RWI. It was written last year, though. Someone who knows what's going on now needs to comment.

rufus

Thanks for the heads up!

jiddy

Hello Rufus,

If your willing to spend a little more since you probably would regret not buying the "best" one, I say save a little more and buy the V1 Icebang with the much nicer bezel and full ceramic body.

You wont regret it!

Most sellers can get it for you if you email them, or order from puretimewatch.com (less QC though I belive)

Here´s a pic of mine (modded with txcrystal and ETA movement swap and gen datewheel) will do more stuff later on to it, the quality is awesome.

looknoglass.jpg

Check link for full post over at RWI

Out of the box pics

Modded pics

One of my favourite reps by far.

Cheers,

/J

rufus

I appreciate the input from everyone but I have to say that buying your first replica is a very difficult undertaking. Most dealer photos look the same regardless of price so it's very difficult for me to gauge the quality. There also seems to be a lot of people who have had bad experiences even with recommended dealers. I would love to get some feedback from someone who recently purchased an Ice Bang in my price range ($300 - $500).

rufus

Well I finally got a watch. I ordered it from Mary and it arrived a week ago. It's a beautiful watch but it came with an all black bezel instead of the Ice Bang grey. It's not a deal breaker but it's a little disappointing. I sent Mary a couple of emails to let her know but haven't received a reply yet.

Here's a photo of the watch.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/99x1ai/IMG_0112.jpg

Luthier

Great watch, Rufus!

Black bezel is very classy, but if you want grey - Mary will ship you one.

tick tock

Nice watch Rufus! Luth is right if Mary will send you the grey bezel if that is what you originally ordered. :rolleyes:

rufus

Well, a month has gone by and Mary has not replied to any of my emails. I think I'll mark this one up as a learning experience.

agazza
Well, a month has gone by and Mary has not replied to any of my emails. I think I'll mark this one up as a learning experience.

Bump, any news? No mods involved?

If only the ring needs changing it seems odd that you haven´t gotten an answer

rufus

No mods and still no reply.

Member X

Have you sent any further emails to Mary?