Sign in to follow this  
JaervyBarzenblatz

Whats the point?

JaervyBarzenblatz

Did you ever see a certain rep and think to yourself "whats the point?"

I saw that there is actually a replica version of this watch;

http://www.amazon.com/Emporio-Armani-Watch...=pd_sbs_watch_7

Really...what is the point? To save yourself $50? Why would anyone not just buy the genuine thing at that price?

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I've heard of Seiko reps that were listed for more than the price of the genuine watch.

coolin

get me a rep of this Seiko and ill be top of the list, it was a limited edition and over $200,000 a piece!

Seiko Credor

col

Brightlight

I must confess I do look at some reps and think "What's the point", like the Ploprof, the Mare Nostrum or the Graham I think "Why rep a watch when nobody in their right minds would wear the gen". But I'm wrong. There are enough people not only to buy the gens, but to buy the reps also. The world is surely a strange, varied and wonderful place ;)

trailboss99

If you are older enough to have watched Sea Hunt you want a PlopPlop, simple as that.

And it has to be on mesh! ;)

Col.

Brightlight
If you are older enough to have watched Sea Hunt you want a PlopPlop, simple as that.

And it has to be on mesh! ;)

Col.

We didn't have TV where I was in Africa at that time Col so no Sea Hunt. It must have been a fabulous programme to make the Plop an object of desire. Still don't believe anyone would strap that ugly thing to their wrist, but as I say we're all different.......

Baldrick
We didn't have TV where I was in Africa at that time Col so no Sea Hunt.

Was the Boer war really as bad it appeared BL, ? did you attend victoria's funeral and why did people walk so fast in your day ? ;)

Brightlight
We didn't have TV where I was in Africa at that time Col so no Sea Hunt.

Was the Boer war really as bad it appeared BL, ? did you attend victoria's funeral and why did people walk so fast in your day ? ;)

The Boer war was indeed bad as you well know Baldrick thanks to your service in the 5th Clydeside Foot and Mouth :D And no, I don't believe your story about your pocket watch stopping a Boer bullet and saving your life. Without pics it never happened. I actually watched dear Vicky's funeral on the bioscope, couldn't make it in person, in fact thanks to the mean sods only putting a penny black on the invitation due to government cuts it reached me in darkest Africa 6 months after she was put in the ground. And I had to pay a damn surcharge on it!

We walked fast in those days because we had real spunk, we weren't namby pamby couch potatoes like these modern softies. If there was something to do in the Empire we damn well got off our backsides and bloody well did it whether that meant fighting through prides of lions with our bare hands, knocking shit out of the odd impi of Zulu, or hamstringing elephants with our pangas. Dangerous work indeed but someone had to do it. We were British after all and proud of it :damn_the_colonials:

EDIT : Shit did I say "5th Clydeside Foot and Mouth"??? What an insult to B, I actually meant "5th Clydeside Foot in Mouth" of course :D

trailboss99
Was the Boer war really as bad it appeared BL, ?

BL will have to answer that one but every African war I've been too has not been a good one!

Come to think of it, never been to a 'good' war. African wars are generally pretty bad on a 1-10

scale of nasty modern wars they rank up there with Sarajevo in the bad stakes. Well, not quiet but close.

Sarajevo still gives me nightmares, Africa doesn't.

Col.

solkryssare

54bf6af3.jpg

Jacques Costeau was my hero growing up.

Brightlight

Like I say your g/f tells me she is not impressed with your diving abilities. :D So just the watch rubbed off huh? Cousteau was also a cunning linguist they say.

solkryssare

No, unfortunately nothing rubbed off on me from watching Cousteau when I was a kid. But I loved his red hat.

And my gf told me she was done talking to you!? Lying bitch!

Brightlight
No, unfortunately nothing rubbed off on me from watching Cousteau when I was a kid. But I loved his red hat.

She just can't resist my mature charm. Understandable really so don't be too hard on her (she actually says....no I won't go there). :D

solkryssare

She just can't resist my mature charm. Understandable really so don't be too hard on her (she actually says....no I won't go there). :D

Yes she always did like older men.....

Demsey

LMAO!

Morecambe to Lennon; So, tell me lad, what's it like being famous?

Lennon to Morecambe; Well, it's not like back in your day.

He said on the Morecambe and Wise program.

Me too. At first I matriculated university as a Marine Biology major. As I loved Jacques, jumping off boats into shark infested waters, scuba diving and collecting bizarre sea creatures in tidal pools. Then, in university, through my second attempt to pass Inorganic Chemistry I realized that being a Marine Biologist, it would be a good decade of hard work before someone would pay me to jump off boats into shark infested waters, scuba dive and collect bizarre sea creatues from tidal pools.

So I crossed campus over to the journalism college. Strangely enough, the job descriptions were very similar. I found.

Edited by Demsey

solkryssare

LMAO!

Morecambe to Lennon; So, tell me lad, what's it like being famous?

Lennon to Morecambe; Well, it's not like back in your day.

He said on the Morecambe and Wise program.

Me too. At first I matriculated university as a Marine Biology major. As I loved Jacques, jumping off boats into shark infested waters, scuba diving and collecting bizarre sea creatures in tidal pools. Then, in university, through my second attempt to pass Inorganic Chemistry I realized that being a Marine Biologist, it would be a good decade of hard work before someone would pay me to jump off boats into shark infested waters, scuba dive and collect bizarre sea creatues from tidal pools.

So I crossed campus over to the journalism college. Strangely enough, the job descriptions were very similar. I found.

Strangely I went down the same road. Only I switched to Architecture.....which is nothing like Marine Biology Im afraid.

Demsey
.....which is nothing like Marine Biology Im afraid.

Yes. For one, I would imagine you draw a handsome paycheck.

KBH

Didn't every kid that grew up in South Florida yearn to be a marine biologist? I followed the same path with the same results and ended up in Business Administration. I suppose it could have been worse. The other choices were Journalism or Education.

solkryssare

Im not complaining. But I still dream of the Big Blue from time to time :)

solkryssare

Im not complaining. But I still dream of the Big Blue from time to time :)

I mean just look at my avatar for christ sake. Im a major marine explorer wannabe!

Demsey

Well, hang in there guys. My real passion is aviation.

Imagine my disappointment, soon after aquiring the necessary certificates and entering the brotherhood, after great expense, work, and sacrifice that hardly any working stiff in commercial aviation ever gets up enough scratch to own his own personal aircraft.

Solkry you may just own your own Calypso yet. KB has come close already :nomorepostwhore:

Edited by Demsey

AllergyDoc
We walked fast in those days because we had real spunk, we weren't namby pamby couch potatoes like these modern softies. If there was something to do in the Empire we damn well got off our backsides and bloody well did it whether that meant fighting through prides of lions with our bare hands, knocking shit out of the odd impi of Zulu, or hamstringing elephants with our pangas. Dangerous work indeed but someone had to do it. We were British after all and proud of it :damn_the_colonials:

EDIT : Shit did I say "5th Clydeside Foot and Mouth"??? What an insult to B, I actually meant "5th Clydeside Foot in Mouth" of course :lol:

:nomorepostwhore:

Now it's Bill Murray?

mondeov6
54bf6af3.jpg

I remember the whole family was clued to the TV when Jacgues Costeaus show was on in Sweden.

This must have been "The" show for every boy and man back then.

JaervyBarzenblatz

Now it's Bill Murray?

Ever listen to the commentary track on that Murray movie DVD? Apparantly the Costeau family or estate or whatever threatened to sue if his name was used in the commentary without them paying tons of money to them for using it. So in the commentary track when they say "Cousteau", it gets bleeped out. :lmao: