Sign in to follow this  
James.

when I see someone wearing a Rolex

Piccolo

Rumor has it that Rolex will be releasing a Moon Phase complication at Basel... maybe they do see a need to bring some innovation into their line up.

NFleischer

Nothin' wrong with that Sol.

Something almost perfect about the DJ also. Whenever I see one, I'm amazed how good (and not that small) they look.

Actually the Explorer 2 and GMT 2 ain't bad.

Probably won't see a Moonphase soon though. Opps maybe be wrong about that one.

964boy

I agree innovation is not Rolex thing. But I have yet to see a dive watch as handsome in its simplicity as a Sub or SD. Over the years they made very small changes to end up with something that is almost perfect IMO. What's wrong with that?

Like the Porsche 911 ;)

Fuck, got one of those too.

VERY HAPPY DAYS :nana: :nana: :nana:

nygiants

A Rolex is much simpler and less inovative than some other watches out there. But, lest we forget, the "oyster" inovation is probably one of the most important in one of all watch making. Rolex has had countless other inovation back in the early days of watch making. Now, they ride the wave of reputation w/ simple and elegent watches. Am I upset that they refrain from putting out crazy new models every year at Basel? No. Simple, elegent. Slow and steady wins the race. Here's to an updated Pepsi GMT!

JohnPilot

Not only are you contemplating buying a Rolex, but you're contemplating buying THE most boring Rolex of them all. A submariner. :picard:

There's no hope for you, James. :lol:

... and yes, I'm wearing my DJ today :P

:rofl::thumbsup:

Bigcountrykris

Rolex is like porsche, keep the same classic look but touch it up abit year by year, if its not broken, why fix it.

diggs

I've tried to stay away from Rolex since entering the rep game although my first rep was a DSSD purchased befor efinding this site. I'm really starting to like the DJ's and Explorer 1 though. Everytime Greg posts a wristie of his DJ I feel the urge but always hold back because of the size.

I'm on the hunt for a dress watch maybe it's time to try a DJ just not sure which version is the most accurate.

RUSH2112
I always fancied a nice submariner, but gen was way out of my league, so I have owned a few reps, from cheap and nasty to a very nice BK WM9 TT, which I sold to help finance this baby, and YES it's gen

P1000318_zpsd1fbf882.jpg

A minted 14060m no date, wear it most dates, and it's a stunning classic

So one never knows where your watch collection will lead to.

HAPPY DATES :nana: :nana: :nana:

If I had to choose only 1 watch this is it.

elp

Boring??

Here's 309 g of pure awesomeness to prove you wrong :lol: :

WP_20130928_005_zps4742f8ab.jpg

Left Coast Guy

I'm in the finance industry in the US, and every old hat banker that thinks they're somebody has a submariner on their wrist, to the point that its almost comical. So when I decided I needed to start upgrading my collection (before discovering reps) I avoided Rolex like the plague -- why overpay for an outdated style that every other sheep is wearing? Breitling, Omega, and Citizen seemed to better suit my age yet still stand out, at a much lower price point.

I will admit though, since I started collecting reps, I picked up a Hulk Sub on M2M and its a pretty nice piece. I still think the style looks a little dated, but the size, wrist-feel, etc. making a very compelling wear. And the green makes me feel like I'm not a sheep....even though I am....

nygiants

Went to an AD the other week and put on a Tudor Pelagos. It's like an updated version of what the sub should be. Pretty awesome.

Rolex is innovating. Just not under the Rolex brand

YotaBoy

"It is rare for a brand to be considered both stodgy and lame and ghetto fabulous at the very same time, yet Rolex has done it. If you ask one person on the street what they think of Rolex, they’ll tell you their elderly grandfather wears one in between rounds of golf and his daily 2 p.m. nap. If you ask another, they’ll tell you the only people that wear Rolexes are athletes and rappers. So which are you, a sleepy 85-year-old bald man or an 18-year-old athlete from the hood trying to prove his worth to the world?" - The Argument Against Rolex Watches, AskMen.com

greg_r

Boring??

Rolex do ridiculous as well as boring, you know :lol:

fetasigma

Tudor could always be the Testbed for things to come?

Conex

This is a totally subjective post. It's like saying Levi's are rubbish because they still make the same 501s out of denim and not space age material with bells and whistles. Some people like them and some people don't, it just seems the people who do like them don't constantly whine about it (as many people who don't like them seem to do on here). So to that I say "Yawn", next post please, in other words another "I don't like Rolex" post. Fine, I am happy for you, now let's move on.

elp

Boring??

Rolex do ridiculous as well as boring, you know :lol:

Well, it does not look out of place at the bottom of the Mariana Trench 1132.gif

Conex

I don't like triangles. They haven't changed the design in years. There's so much they could do with them.

Baldrick
But I have yet to see a dive watch as handsome in its simplicity as a Sub or SD. Over the years they made very small changes to end up with something that is almost perfect IMO. What's wrong with that?

Sol....you need to get out more or stick your head above the waves a little more......if you haven't seen anything as handsome :B):

Baldrick

Boring??

That's 309g to prove the wearer is lobotomised :B):

Conex

Boring??

That's 309g to prove the wearer is lobotomised :B):

In your opinion.

Baldrick

And that's what matters....my opinion and experience over yours....I don't lie :B):

This is gonna be like 'wings off flies' !

Conex

And that's what matters....my opinion and experience over yours....I don't lie :B):

Amazing.

Baldrick

I know...it comes naturally...but I'm glad of your appreciation ;)

Conex

I know...it comes naturally...but I'm glad of your appreciation ;)

Man alive.

Cyril_Clunge
:popcorn: