James.

when I see someone wearing a Rolex

Baldrick

Frack me....no shit Sherlock...right again :D

Conex

:popcorn:

Haha

elp

And that's what matters....my opinion and experience over yours....I don't lie :B):

Amazing.

Not to worry Conex - just take Baldrick's utterings in the spirit in which they were meant - i.e. to elicit a response. And he does not lie ... sometimes obfuscate, confuse, ramble and sprout, but always using the truth as a quicksand foundation for the fortified tower of arguments he uses to take potshots at mere mortals like you or I. All hail the master baiter.

Conex

And that's what matters....my opinion and experience over yours....I don't lie :B):

Amazing.

Not to worry Conex - just take Baldrick's utterings in the spirit in which they were meant - i.e. to elicit a response. And he does not lie ... sometimes obfuscate, confuse, ramble and sprout, but always using the truth as a quicksand foundation for the fortified tower of arguments he uses to take potshots at mere mortals like you or I. All hail the master baiter.

Yes I got that dude. I figured he was trying to get a rise out of me which is why I didn't rise. On any other day I may have satisfied the little mans yearning, but today I have some paint to watch dry. Ah well.

Daywatch

They don´t even offer a lumed bezel option - that would look great on the Explorer.... on the Submariner as well.

Is it marketing hype or not - if You want a watch that will run in 40 Years from now unserviced and unbroken probably it´s the Submariner and not the Patek; they are waterproof, they are somewhat shockproof and they are sturdy...

After reading endless hours on everything about watches all-in-all included from cost/value relationship, practical use and service-cost, resale value here are my imaginative choices for gens:

Explorer II 16570

16610 Sub

Batman GMT

+ free gift of other 3 gens?

Daytona

Datejust II

Black 42 mm Explorer II

Now, that does sound sensible or not? :)

Realism

^ Not sure if serious about the Patek not lasting as long as an "unserviced" Rolex....

avc0002

:popcorn:

Haha

+1

nyckid

I used to bash on 'Rolex wearers' for the same reasons OP (James) is trying to share on this thread. I hate(ed) Rolex's guts and I (still think) that, people and celebrities whom buy Rolex, (gen) have no clue what is being a watch collector is all about. They just buy it to say "I bought a very expensive watch" (that's were they're wrong, thinking thy buying a Rolex is buying an expensive watch. Yes, I know there are Daytonas on the $60k+ range) but they don't understand the hobby. And that's fine! Gosh, we have plenty of 'non-real watch collectors as is'.

Now, I do have some Rolex. Vintage, that is. The only non- vintage I'd get is the DSSD. I have to point out that when I see an avid watch collector with a Rolex, that's a whole different ball game :) I think to myself (out of respect) "there's gotta be something special with that watch. Be it a moddin' or a story behind it :)

Anyway, most of is were introduced to this hobby because we saw a Rolex, some of us because we did not know any better and RWG opened our eyes ;)

Cheers,

The Kid

Baldrick
Yes I got that dude. I figured he was trying to get a rise out of me which is why I didn't rise. On any other day I may have satisfied the little mans yearning, but today I have some paint to watch dry. Ah well.

"Little man"...

That's rich coming from someone who gets told what clothes to wear...how to dress..how long his hair can be...whose arse he has to kiss.....what to eat and where he can die ...I guess all of that makes you the 'big man' :lmao:

but today I have some paint to watch dry

I'm sure you'll find that very interesting....I mean it'll fire up your synapses no end....but only after you've finished cleaning the latrines...and polished up your buttons ;)

nyckid

Latrines??!!! Wait! The last time I saw a 'Latrine' was in Dominican Republic about 30 years ago :blink:

Conex

"Little man"...

That's rich coming from someone who gets told what clothes to wear...how to dress..how long his hair can be...whose arse he has to kiss.....what to eat and where he can die ...I guess all of that makes you the 'big man' :lmao:

but today I have some paint to watch dry

I'm sure you'll find that very interesting....I mean it'll fire up your synapses no end....but only after you've finished cleaning the latrines...and polished up your buttons ;)

Brilliant.

StormyNight

Thought this thread was about watches and not the stupid fucking one-upmanship of over inflated ego.

Wind your neck in Baldrick. It's boring.

avc0002

Thought this thread was about watches and not the stupid fucking one-upmanship of over inflated ego.

Welcome to the internet

nyckid

Fuck, Victoria!! :giggle:

Let 'em play measuring their dicks....we are amused in the process :popcorn:

Baldrick

Who the fuck are you ? :lol:

Conex

+1

Realism

this haz got potential :popcorn:

Conex

You need to get laid dude.

Realism

some chick sir B

Baldrick

Oh....a lemon curd.....sorry, my bad......I thought it was somebody important !!!

nyckid

:lmao:

Conex

"That's rich coming from someone who gets told what clothes to wear...how to dress..how long his hair can be...whose arse he has to kiss.....what to eat and where he can die ...I guess all of that makes you the 'big man'"

I found this one especially exquisite. It's incorrect on so many levels old bean.

Baldrick
It's incorrect on so many levels old bean.

Oh...I see .....so, your avatar...signature and memorable quote are what lends the lie then.......still, what's a po' boy from Kansas gonna do for a job :B):

black263

Been a while since we had a Baldrick beasting. Pity I have to go out, but twill give me some bedside reading.

Conex
It's incorrect on so many levels old bean.

Oh...I see .....so, your avatar...signature and memorable quote are what lends the lie then.......still, what's a po' boy from Kansas gonna do for a job :B):

Haha, so I assume by your avatar, you are a WII Sergeant Major who says "Lovely boy lovely boy" in a Welsh accent. I mean you must be. You said you never lie.

No, joking aside dude, I am not in the Her Majesty's Armed Forces anymore, I work for private contractors in the Middle East and as a consultant for the UAE's armed forces. So I don't do much arse kissing, I have a beard and wear my hair how I like, I'm not planning on dying any time soon, no matter what anyone may ask me (that's ask, not tell). In terms of eating you have a point. I eat what my missus cooks for me so I guess in a manner of speaking you are right there. Oh and I'm not from Kansas. So now the record is straight. We can all be friends and life can tick along as it was. Huzzah!!!