Sign in to follow this  
James.

when I see someone wearing a Rolex

Conex

Alternatively you can continue to bait me for the satisfaction of fellow members. I for one am quite enjoying your replies.

746_heuer

Rolex's are boring, I can understand why lots of you say that. Boring because there are a lot. Because a lot of people like them. Because they are good. And not only that, long time ago they were also innovative and original.

I don't own any Rolex and don't have plans to (gen or rep) but I don't understand why you say there are better options for the price when brands like TAG charge you the same for a non inhouse movement watch.

Conex

Rolex's are boring, I can understand why lots of you say that. Boring because there are a lot. Because a lot of people like them. Because they are good. And not only that, long time ago they were also innovative and original.

I don't own any Rolex and don't have plans to (gen or rep) but I don't understand why you say there are better options for the price when brands like TAG charge you the same for a non inhouse movement watch.

Nicely brought back to the topic in hand.

746_heuer

Nicely brought back to the topic in hand.

Is that bad? I wrote before noticing there were 4 pages about this

Conex

Not at all dude. It's perfect.

Conex

For the money I'd rather have this.

http://www.steinhart...tary-,477.html#[img\]

Yes, nice piece. I have that very watch. Put it through some heavy stuff and it's still ticking.

JohnG

Rolex is an interesting watch maker. Most noobs come here wanting a sub - then they get bored with them as they discover other brands. But those who stick around for the long run - many come full circle and discover the allure of Rolex all over again, but from a different perspective.

It is a classic for a reason.

Baldrick
Haha, so I assume by your avatar, you are a WII Sergeant Major who says "Lovely boy lovely boy" in a Welsh accent. I mean you must be. You said you never lie

No....that's an entirely fictional character.....and obviously couldn't be mistaken as an actual representation of me personally..( although that's not a given in your case.....you do seem prone to flights of fancy and imagination) ....;)

Whereas in your avatar / signature / mission statement. etc.....you've enshrined your entire psyche and character by representing yourself as something you're not......when in actual fact you're just playing at being military and a pretend soldier :B):

I eat what my missus cooks for me

And if you finish what she decides you're eating and gobble up your greens does she let you buy a new watch.......or are you still having to hide them whilst trembling in fear of her disapproval ;)

Conex

Yawn.

Conex

Rolex is an interesting watch maker. Most noobs come here wanting a sub - then they get bored with them as they discover other brands. But those who stick around for the long run - many come full circle and discover the allure of Rolex all over again, but from a different perspective.

+1

Baldrick

WRONG:

I'm not your pal....if that's a charm offensive...it won't work with me.....best to report back to your superiors that you need an alternative strategy !

you clearly have an axe to grind somewhere,

No axe for me to grind...YOU engaged me first in post #45.....up until then I had no clue who you were...( sorry..my bad...I do recall you as being the pussy whipped OP in the 'Missus' thread}...but other than that ...meh!

but you have decided that today I am the person you are going to take it out on.

That was a decision that you made...!

I am sorry you feel this way

No need to feel sorry...my feelings aren't hurt or otherwise....but if yours are...you can always file an HFR.....from what you've told me so far...I'm sure filing reports isn't strange territory to you.

Judging by the messages I have received

Well, that must be comforting to you.....I'll offer up a prayer to the patron saint of mediocrities for you...see if he can persuade a few more to send you PM's in your time of need.

So listen, to save disrespect to the OP and to offer you maybe even a slight amount of dignity

Dignity....dignity FFS...we're on a watch forum discussing fukkin' fake watches...and you want to preach about dignity :rofl:

lets take this private if you want to continue.

Take it 'private'....wooooo....what do you think you could possibly achieve or say to me in 'private' that would engender any kind of respect / fear / tremulation / concern...on my part....send me some more photos of you with bigger guns...a bushier beard...or perhaps a 'teaching' degree awarded by the UAE authorities... :facepalm:

That is my closing statement on the matter old chap.

I'm betting it won't be ;)

Oh and are you familiar with the phrase "Argumentum ad hominem"

Ut notem est, non est me....illuminare me !

Read up on it son....

See...there you go again.....labouring under the misconception that I'm..

A. Your mate....(you may secretly wish for it...but I cook for no-one....tho' you wouldn't need to hide your reps from me...see...every cloud has a silver lining) :D

B. A 'dude'....so wrong on too many levels to comment.

C. Your 'son'... what can I say...other than that might be a subliminal desire on your part.....perhaps so you could administer some CP for being naughty....the 'naughty step' is not going to happen !!!

PS....you do KNOW that you're on RWG...not RWI or RG or TCLKC...don't you :blink:

Realism

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Cyril_Clunge
97a754c1.jpg

Hornet

IMG_322259736838648_zps113c1a1b.jpg

I bet he bought a rolex

That made me cry tears of laughter......

Baldrick

Yawn.

Ahhh....capitulation by the old tried and trusted method of 'editing'..... :lol:

Tis' t'Internet ...it never forgets ;)

Wossup....you upset because I refused to PM you !!!

You can put the popcorn and pizza back guys......it's a no-show !

Hornet

Naive comment from a Newbie here, but isn't it all down to individual preference? :hide:

Conex

Yawn.

Ahhh....capitulation by the old tried and trusted method of 'editing'.....:lol:

Tis' t'Internet ...it never forgets ;)

Wossup....you upset because I refused to PM you !!!

Yep. You win. You are a truly an awesome adversary. Just spent some time reading some other pastings you gave people. Highly entertaining. I am backing off on this. You win. Hands down. I will certainly think twice about engaging with you again Baldrick.

elp

JohnG ..... the voice of reason!

:rofl:

Naive comment from a Newbie here, but isn't it all down to individual preference? :hide:

You mean Baldrick? An acquired taste .... think garum ....

:lol:

Baldrick

You've been here since 2010...and only NOW getting round to determining my forum character and how I operate....I hope the UAE are getting VFM from you :B):

Conex
You've been here since 2010...and only NOW getting round to determining my forum character and how I operate....I hope the UAE are getting VFM from you :B):

Haha touche

James.

Well, this,couldn't have turned out better :lol:

The world is flat. Discuss.

Baldrick
JohnG ..... the voice of reason!

That's not JohnG....someone stole his log-in details and is impersonating him.....or maybe he just wants to sell more straps...no point in alienating the 'collective' ;)

StormyNight

Completely agree. My first Rolex was a Sub and a few years later I'm still a huge fan of all things stainless, black and bearing the coronet!

I'm well on my way to owning too quality versions of most "version" of the Sub and Sea Dweller and don't intend to stop anytime soon.

dfq23

I always fancied a no date sub, but then saw the Black Bay and knew I had to have one instead. It just has that certain something in my opinion that the Rolex lacks. If you compare gens, Its cheaper, not as good a movement, the colour scheme shouldn't work (red, rose gold and dark chocolate brown) but it's just sexy. Same with the pelagos