Sign in to follow this  
TheInthusiest

[Pic Heavy] New Watch Alert! | New for 2014 Raymond Weil Nabucco Rivoluzione II

TheInthusiest

Well, Baselworld 2014 is almost here, and today we have a first look at one of Raymond Weil's new offerings, the Nabucco Rivoluzione II, an update to the brand's line of large, sporty chronographs. The collection includes three dark colorways with the centerpiece being a matte black chrono paired with a special set of matching Sennheiser headphones (Raymond Weil's various collections and special editions are almost always named for famous works of music). The Rivoluzione II is also the first watch from Raymond Weil to feature a ceramic bezel. We got an early look at the new chronographs and here are our first impressions.

K3UZduK.jpg

The Nabucco collection was first unveiled in 2007, and the name is taken from a Verdi opera. This latest version has a slightly more refined case shape than previous iterations, though the 46mm diameter and 15.25mm thickness make it just as bold as its predecessors. The combination steel/titanium construction makes the Rivoluzione II wear much lighter than you would expect though. The all-black special edition has a full PVD treatment as well as carbon fiber coating along the caseband, while the other colorways feature a mix of brushed and polished finishes on the case.

COC6OL3.jpg

The dial is nicely executed, with a variety of textures and lots of contrast. The ground is a soft grained black and there is circular graining around the edge, enveloping the hour markers. The subdials for the chronograph have another texture inside, while the running seconds maintains the plain dial texture for some harmony. There are high-contrast red or yellow hands, depending on the colorway chosen. There is a tachymeter scale engraved on the glossy ceramic bezel insert, and this is the first time Raymond Weil has used ceramic for a bezel. The only dial detail that bothered us is the finish on the "12" and hour batons – it reflects light well but looks a little too glittery for our taste.

WsecCd9.jpg

hNXryra.jpg

The caliber RW5010 chronograph movement with a "Raymond Weil" signed rotor can be seen through the sapphire caseback (smoked sapphire on the all-black edition). It has a 46 hour power reserve and 27 jewels. The pushers and crown all screw down, including the pusher at 10 o'clock for advancing the date window (found opposite at 4:30). All the pushers feel crisp and clean, which makes the chronograph enjoyable to use. It can track up to 12 hours via the totalizer at 6 o'clock.

AYVFyVJ.jpg

The special edition all-black Nabucco Rivoluzione II comes in a presentation box with a pair of special Sennheiser headphones designed to match the watch, underscoring Raymond Weil's connection to music and the watch's namesake. This set will retail for $5,450, while the two colorways sold on their own will retail for $4,950.

But we dont need to worry about shelling out $4k. Because reps. :P

Fpf56cS.jpg

zoH7np3.jpg

p2TxZqH.jpg

Article Jacked from Hodinkee

Just looking at the movement i feel that this piece can be repped. Although.. i cant really talk because im a numpty. sooo ya.

Hope ya like it!

:D

Edited by TheInthusiest

avc0002

yellow looks sharp

SSTEEL

Liking the yellow markers.

Got an email notification from Omega earlier about a new release. Not going to post about it here though, it deserves its own thread :)

TheInthusiest

It is a cracker of a watch. I hope it'll be repped. Not an overly complicated piece. :D

jacobarch

It is a cracker of a watch. I hope it'll be repped. Not an overly complicated piece. :D

Was thinking the same thing. The 7750 movement looks pretty simple with no fancy pieces attached.

Wriggles

At that price you'd think they could do a decent decorated rotor, seen nicer on cheapie 21j's FFS. Nothing special, just another chrono, as much as I like a good chrono this is just far too generic for me