Sign in to follow this  
Markrfc

Rolex Just Quoted Me £1900 For A Service

TheInthusiest

Absolutely ridiculous.. No way would i go back there again.

Frankt8242

If you were willing to pay the ridiculous price they demanded to buy it, why WOULDN'T they assume you'd be willing to pay their service rates...??? :noway: :noway:

Duzza

This is like buying a £100k Ferrari and them wanting £50k to service it. Crazy.

rusky27

It makes you wonder if all the bits they take off claiming they are worn get sold on the grey market or truly binned?

Baldrick
But this is sick, whats up with Rolex?

Nohing....they're the BEST watches in the world....didn't you knew..and at those prices they can afford to say so.....supported by all the fools who swallow the guff :rofl:

Didn't you know Mark..they heard that Scotland are going to be independent......AND according to S&P ...right up at the top of the 'wealthiest' countries in the world...prepare to have your nuts squeezed !

Cellsius

That amount is enough to make me consider giving up the hobby. Don't have that kind of dough. Im the brokest guy on here.

johnnyjazz

As Rusky said, take it in to Martins in Maryhill, top guy, very cheap, has serviced Omega and Rolex for me, even serviced my wives Reverso. Most so-called watch smiths shit a brick if you ask them to open up a Reverso.

Markrfc

Thanks for the feedback guys i have spoken to Laings and asked them to arrange a return .

Zerodesign

Take bracelt off. Take dial off. Take hands off. Send into service. Sell the old stuff on a vintage forum. Recoupe costs

Sakurai

Totally and utterly insane!

Parker007

Just got my OMEGA PO from official service! Paid 250 EUR for mechanics check, lube and case/bracelet polishing! But this is sick, whats up with Rolex? :noway:

Is you're watch a Rep?

ronin007

Join TRF,I picked up a new retainer ring,2 cystals,2 inserts,new set of hands to get my 16613 fixed,rolex quoted 6,000 pounds to fix it,lol,got a new dial and a mint tt braclet all correct as well from germany,no offence but half the parts are cheaper than the gen parts on all rep forums,some bloke was trying to sell a used gen cystal for 200 pound with no lec or ar,i picked up the correct one with lec but no ar for 150 all sealed in rolex vacuum bag

rc42

Got my 16570 Explorer II serviced in Sydney (via a Brisbane AD) just over a year ago, cost was AU $1,000 for service and re-finish. To be fair it now looks like new but very expensive.

Had to be done, the rotor was scraping on the movement after it had been dropped and taking it to an independant service place just cost me several hundred dollars for a general service (that it didn't need) and they didn't fix the rotor.

The service is actually a good idea as it puts your Rolex in the hands of a real watchsmith for the final assembly and calibration, the new ones are just mass produced by machine and probably never get touched by human hand until they reach the greasy palms of the AD.

RUSH2112

So now we buy reps, not because we can't afford gens but because we can't afford service. Nice

zufir

Might as well buy a new one.

Pharmo

Wow!! :wtf: I realised Rolex service was expensive but this crazy!!!

ShovelnTC

Haven't read all of the replies so this may have been covered but most of that is restoration work not service so you should be able to opt just for the movement service.

Kwt

Mate is this the the one in St James Square?

My friend got his serviced and it wasn't in the best of nick and they were quoted about £500. The glass was damaged and needed replacing, loosing time etc. I have never heard of a quote so high ever!

Markrfc
Mate is this the the one in St James Square?

My friend got his serviced and it wasn't in the best of nick and they were quoted about £500. The glass was damaged and needed replacing, loosing time etc. I have never heard of a quote so high ever!

Yes st james square problem is mine has some age related marks (28 years old )and wear i call that character or patina they want it too look new at my expense.

trailboss99

The worst of it is if you had all that done you would reduce the value of the watch by half!

What on earth makes them think you would want to replace a wonderfully aged dial, hands and insert?

They also tend to polish the crap out of the case removing the original lines.

trailboss99

Haven't read all of the replies so this may have been covered but most of that is restoration work not service so you should be able to opt just for the movement service.

Yes you should but you can not. They won't touch it unless you have the lot done. NEVER take a vintage piece to Rolex. Find a good watchmaker close by or send it to Rolex Addict and let him do a simple service.

elmerlo

Oh, this is funny.

I guess that one of Rolex marketing campaign points was about their ultra-expensive 904 steel. Here in their brochure they say you buy it to last for a lifetime.

Now what? Does it wear out like all the others? So you pay a high price for buying it AND servicing it? :D

Yeah, those guys know how to make money with their brand selling pieces of metal...

They won't have me. :P

dalboy

28 years of character gone in a second courtesy of the Dick Turpins at Rolex.

I always thought it customary to be wined and dined before being fucked up the arse !

Strap = Nato

Dal.

Amit

I always thought it customary to be wined and dined before being fucked up the arse !

Dal.

We all know how easy you are now

baxter

Dal.

We all know how easy you are now

:lol:

New bezel inset £ 37.00 ...................................................... shame folks can't get inserts for their TC subs from Rolex.