Sign in to follow this  
Markrfc

Rolex Just Quoted Me £1900 For A Service

stevok2305

Timpsons wanted to charge me £90 to put a new crystal in my £80 PO!! :rofl:

RUSH2112
Fuck them, as many other mentioned, just ask around for local watch smiths there are many talented and honest ones around to service your rolex

at the price of Rolex service you could easily buy a freaking awesome brand new Longines or a Brietling Abyss at amazon

You'd really go cheap and send your Rolex to a local guy who can't get official parts or buy a watch from Amazon instead? Wow... I'm glad I can afford to pay to get it done right!

Take out the bracelet costs and the bits you don't want/need and average it out over the lifetime of the watch.. It isn't so bad..

According to trailboss it's either everything or nothing, not a la carte.

skoint

Did they at least offer to buy you a drink first? Surely a quick online search will dig up a very reputable watchsmith in London. No point going "cheap" on it but I'd begrudge paying that kind of money by force. I like character, so would be somewhat perturbed by them wanting to change that about my watch. Seek and ye will find.

rc42

I only got the recommendation of a dial and hands set change from Rolex (Sydney RSC) on my Explorer II, its a 1996 model and the dial has tritium based lume so has no glow left, I got the option of having those parts replaced with the latest superluminiva equivalents for a mere $900 (plus they keep all removed parts, no doubt to sell to somebody else).

I declined their offer and they just did the service and case re-finish so they don't always force it down your throat.

964boy

Mark, guy I know got his 30 year old - owned from new - GMT Explorer back from Rolex last month - it was very battered and bruised - came back as new, which included a new bracelet and various other bits and bobs - £1800.

If you want to be in the big boys club, you have to pay the fees :o :D

narikaa

Always have a chuckle at the 'new for old' service policy of Rolex

when

reading some train spotter type spouting about such n such model had such n such part in 19XX (which if serviced could have been swapped out several times by Rolex for shiny newer parts)

black263

Take the bracelet off, and send the head in for service. Saves £800.

black263

Hi all,

Put my Submariner in for a service last week and received the below quote today from Rolex in London.

Quote to service and renew worn parts £1900

Bracelet worn £800

Dial blistered £450

Handset £55

Bezel insert £37

Crystal £108

Service £430

Robbing gits.

How old is the watch?

Markrfc

trailboss99

Mark, guy I know got his 30 year old - owned from new - GMT Explorer back from Rolex last month - it was very battered and bruised - came back as new, which included a new bracelet and various other bits and bobs - £1800.

Which is why I'd never send 'em a watch. All that character is now gone :(

Amit

Which is why I'd never send 'em a watch. All that character is now gone :(

Tru dat

Baldrick

What 'character' ? .... :lmao:

The length...breadth and depths of imaginings exhibited on these fora never ceases to amaze me or provide oodles of laughter :D

P4GTR

What 'character' ? .... :lmao:

The length...breadth and depths of imaginings exhibited on these fora never ceases to amaze me or provide oodles of laughter :D

Some of us still have a little glimmer left about us. Don't begrudge us... Hell, outright lie if need be. Ignorance is bliss.

jizza24

I bought a breitling super ocean from one of our td's watch worked for 2 days I took it to a jeweler who has a watch smith on premises one has 20yrs experience and the owner is a second generation watchsmith. I told them the watch is a replica but they where convinced it's not anyway the service and repair cost me $250 on a rep...

Rolexwatchman

Buying one isn't the hardest part but owning one, if you can't or refuse to pay :) get rep of the watch and sell it.

a watch smith on premises one has 20yrs experience and the owner is a second generation watchsmith. I told them the watch is a replica but they where convinced it's not anyway the service and repair cost me $250 on a rep...

... sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

Edited by Rolexwatchman