Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

If a watch get siezed by customs or gets lost....

mondeov6

Background:

A little over a mont ago I bought a watch that is no longer working. Unfortunate and rare I have been told since the movement

the Lemania/ST19 is known to be almost "bomb proof". However, I have no problem with the fact that is broken. Things do brake!

The dealer is more than willing to take it back for repair but I am reluctant so send it back. It has to go through customs four times

and if it is siezed it is a "gonner". (There is also the shipping fee.) So worst case scenario is I could end up with quite an expencive

piece of nothing! :finger: .... or as thing are now a beautiful watch keeping time at least twice in 24 hours! :rofl:

Well lesson learned!...Question is, are there any dealers on the trusted dealers list that actually will send you a new watch if it gets

siezed by the customs or lost in transfer? Regardless you bought a new watch or sent one back for repair? If not I think I will from

now on consider only using the EU-based dealers.

Fill me in please.....

Rolf

greg_r

The majority of dealers will replace a watch if it is seized in transit after purchase - the only exceptions are 'wholesale' deals aimed at resellers - understandably, at those prices, there's generally not any warranty against seizure.

With regard to repairs, I have known many dealers replace a watch when it has going missing during the return process, but this tends to be negotiated on a case by case basis.

dingle

maybe some of the EU guys know how to repair this movement...

anyone?

trailboss99

Any watchsmith could. It's just a Venus 175.

Domi could do it in his sleep.

Col.

mondeov6
The majority of dealers will replace a watch if it is seized in transit after purchase - the only exceptions are 'wholesale' deals aimed at resellers - understandably, at those prices, there's generally not any warranty against seizure.

With regard to repairs, I have known many dealers replace a watch when it has going missing during the return process, but this tends to be negotiated on a case by case basis.

This was a part of an "wholesale" deal and may I point out.... The seller clearly stated no responsability if siezed by customs or lost in transfer.

The same goes for sending back for repair..... So no rain on the dealers parade over that! And they are more than willing to help me if I do send it back.

However it would be nice to know if there are any dealers out there who will sort you out, should this happen.

I agree Greg, this is certainly on a case by case basis. And a case of not being a royal pain in the dealers ass if/when a problem occurs!

Common sense and a bit of friendly manners can open many doors!

Rolf

Tressles61

Put a note outside and inside on package "Sent For Repair". Unless your watch looks like an obvious counterfeit customs guys won't even bother with it. They have more important issues at hand.

Background:

A little over a mont ago I bought a watch that is no longer working. Unfortunate and rare I have been told since the movement

the Lemania/ST19 is known to be almost "bomb proof". However, I have no problem with the fact that is broken. Things do brake!

The dealer is more than willing to take it back for repair but I am reluctant so send it back. It has to go through customs four times

and if it is siezed it is a "gonner". (There is also the shipping fee.) So worst case scenario is I could end up with quite an expencive

piece of nothing! :finger: .... or as thing are now a beautiful watch keeping time at least twice in 24 hours! :rofl:

Well lesson learned!...Question is, are there any dealers on the trusted dealers list that actually will send you a new watch if it gets

siezed by the customs or lost in transfer? Regardless you bought a new watch or sent one back for repair? If not I think I will from

now on consider only using the EU-based dealers.

Fill me in please.....

Rolf