Sign in to follow this  
Aviator

Breitlings & Waterproofing

Aviator

I know that there is no problem to waterproof a non-chrono rep to 50M or even more, but how's with Breitling Chronographs? How much pressure do they take? My concern is for a V4 Skyland. Is there any chance to be waterproof for swimming and snorkling to about 10-15M depths?

(Or do I need a diver's watch...?)

Edited by Aviator

flyr

It's a "skyland" take it flying. If you are diving,wear a dive watch or comp or both. As you said, a tested non chrono should be OK but why risk your skyland. I know people have waterproofed there chronos, but I would not do anything more water oriented than the dishes wearing mine. JMHO :sinking:

Aviator

It's a "skyland" take it flying. If you are diving,wear a dive watch or comp or both. As you said, a tested non chrono should be OK but why risk your skyland. I know people have waterproofed there chronos, but I would not do anything more water oriented than the dishes wearing mine. JMHO :sinking:

You definitely got the point there...

Aviator

But anyways, somebody with a good/deep waterproofed Breitling Chrono? Because I'm pretty scared to take it even for a swim,

flyr

But anyways, somebody with a good/deep waterproofed Breitling Chrono? Because I'm pretty scared to take it even for a swim,

It's good to be scared, but you do sound determined to have someone tell you what you want to hear. :Thinking:

Even if you get one waterproofed for swimming it just takes pushing a chrono plunger while the watch is wet to allow water to enter, It's happened a few times.

Hopefully someone will come along with experience with skyland waterproofing, but remember waterproofing a rep chrono can be hit or miss as rep cases of similar watches are not machined exactly the same. Maybe you will be lucky and get yours reliably resistant,maybe not.(and it can be expensive to attempt, machining,'O' rings, etc.)( or cheap if you are lucky,using a bit of silicone grease)Good luck!