Sign in to follow this  
George.

What to do?

George.

A few months ago, dropped £220 on a Pepsi GMT here on the M2M's which has been fraught with disaster..

The crystal wasn't totally flat when i received it so i went to correct this firstly. I saw that the cyclops had started 'lifting' a bit which i didn't notice before the sale unfortunately. I decided to remove the cyclops since i'm not a big fan of them anyway.

Next, the crystal wouldn't go back in

:picard:

Struggled for a while, got it nice and flat. But not before noticing that the 12 o clock marker had fallen off. Back in. Glue. Done.

When it's all back together, the rotor falls off after about 5 hours of wear. No problem, but it's getting tiring.

Reattach the rotor and it's all good. Until the crystal pops out again. And this time it won't go back in. Still won't go back in in fact.

I bought the watch in a package with a new pepsi bezel seeing as this one was a bit manky - Wouldn't click (as i believe they should?) and the bezel was a bit keyed up.- new one doesn't fit, spring for the 'clicky thingy' is nowhere to be seen.

I give up. I spent £220 on a watch i've worn for 5 hours. Seeing it in a drawer looking very sorry for itself prompted me to write this post to find out what i can do. I was considering sending it off to RolexAddict for some 'vintagisation' and love but (here's the whole point of the post) is it worth it?

image_zpsf83c473e.jpg

image_zps90b2924a.jpg

image_zps90b2924a.jpg

image_zpsf270fbd3.jpg

image_zps5907a1cf.jpg

I'm never going to get back what i paid on this watch so i guess it's worth a bit of investment to get it back on A wrist at some point in the future...

Whaddya think? Worth some love?

George.

Just noticed the horrible filters my phone added to those

image_zpsbb70fe79.jpg

image_zpscd1b6105.jpg

image_zpsf6978034.jpg

image_zps322c767c.jpg

image_zpsc0a13e46.jpg

A few of the bezel which was pretty badly keyed up by the previous owner's attempt to replace the bezel - Looks strangely better in the photos :giggle:

Conex

Well, GMTs look better without a cyclops, that's for sure

PhillyRock

I JUST purchased a replacement bezel insert for my green on green "HULK" Submariner and it's freaking perfect. $7.50 off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Red-Bezel-Insert-for-Rolex-Gmt-Master-I-II-/371021290160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5662979ab0

Here ya go. Same guy I just got mine from.

SSTEEL

To refit the crystal correctly you should remove the bezel assembly, which as part of its construction, has a retaining ring, this fits over the crystal gasket, which incidentally you probably need a new crystal gasket anyway.