Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

dfq23

There definitely seems to be something going on with UK customs and EMS at the moment. Thread on here about a seizure yesterday and one on RWI as well where someone has had one this week. Both had Rolexs seized.

Just thought might be an idea to see if other people have orders in limbo, how long for, what they are and the tracking status.

I'll start off with a tag carrera.  Landed in coventry just before midnight on 21st. Showing as awaiting customs clearance since then. No letter yet but postman turns up here about 11.  Bloke on RWI who had watch seized said his showed awaiting customs clearance all the time so looks like no warning now if it has possibly been taken.

Fuck....

Edited by dfq23

Arnitom

I've been waiting for a Rolex Sub and a Skyland Avenger for a week now to clear the customs...

The status has been showing "international hub, received and processed" since the 24th

:(

Edited by Arnitom

grb

I have just bought a very expensive crystal and that has been collared for some reason, still waiting for notification

Duzza

I had a Tag F1 in from Michelle late last week through EMS. No delays or issues.

DG335

Might just be UK.

Despatched from WI 27th, arrived in Ireland at house today.

Paul tag

Just paid Michelle not shipped yet, it was with ems . shall I try to change shipping? Would that make a difference?

dfq23

Air mail is usually safer but some dealers won't do replacement if seized when sent that way.

Just too much of a coincidence that there are more people waiting longer than usual and now two posts about seizures in space of a day.

Derek Mc

I received a pair of watches in via EMS had only a 24 hour visit to C&E at the delivery hub in Coventry IIRC, this on March 10th

Paul tag

Will watch this thread closely. QC pics yet to be seen so I do have some time.

greg_r

Guys:

As I've said elsewhere, UK Customs at Coventry are majorly backed up at the moment. It always happens around Mothers' Day and other 'special event' days.

Yes, EMS is riskier than airmail due to the additional processing now installed at ParcelFarce's Coventry hub (EMS customs checks have been farmed out to contractors who are based at PF's Coventry depot - airmail is still being handled by traditional customs), but seizures are still not that common although they do tend to have occasional spells of efficiency where more is being picked up.

10 days stuck in customs is not unusual, however, so don't panic just yet.

Chiruku

Toro to UK, using DHL, Pam, was in and out of customs within 5 minutes. This was last Thursday.

i.davies

My Daytona from Josh arrived through EMS last week (Friday) - was with Customs at Coventry for about 24 hours before being released.

time_keeper

Are the delays just from watches being sent from dealers or is there a problem with orders within the EU as well?

dfq23

Well no letter today which is good. Guess just have to set the refresh rate on trackchecker to an hour and hope for the best for another day

JSJ

Are the delays just from watches being sent from dealers or is there a problem with orders within the EU as well?

Post within the EU doesn't go through customs.

kamma

I had a m2m transaction from the west coast of the USA to the uk a couple of weeks ago, shipped on a sat and delivered to my door by Friday morning with USPS. Can't complain with that :)

I have a couple of watches that will ebb coming from Kenny that he's sending to me this week so be interesting to see how long from Kenny sending them to me receiving them takes.

dfq23

I imagine it's just packages from china that ring alarm bells at the hub

greg_r

I imagine it's just packages from china that ring alarm bells at the hub

Yep - they're concentrating on certain countries. China being one of 'em

ashesburn

TD sent mine on 17th March via EMS.

Parcelforce website showing awaiting customs clearance on the 21st March ..

21-03-2014 22:19 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

I received a letter from Border Force on the 27th saying that watches have been confiscated and will be destroyed.

I ordered 2 Pams and 1 IWC.

What bad luck for my first rep order. :(

Fat Panda

We were just informed we can use ePacket to ship to UK, so, we man try to use that to see how that works out.

dfq23

TD sent mine on 17th March via EMS.

Parcelforce website showing awaiting customs clearance on the 21st March ..

21-03-2014 22:19 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

I received a letter from Border Force on the 27th saying that watches have been confiscated and will be destroyed.

I ordered 2 Pams and 1 IWC.

What bad luck for my first rep order. :(

That would have been same flight mine came in on I reckon. Hmmmm is no news good news.

3 in one package is never a good idea though mate.

So that's so far3 Rolexs, 1 Pam and an IWC seized for 3 people in a week

Edited by dfq23

ashesburn

That would have been same flight mine came in on I reckon. Hmmmm is no news good news.

3 in one package is never a good idea though mate

Yea well.. I should have known better. TD agreed to send replacements but I might ask for refund instead. Maybe I'm just not meant to be in the rep game. =(

Good luck on yours and I hope you do receive it.

SSTEEL

The issues with UK customs may not be an isolated issue. I am experiencing customs delays, and issues here in Finland. Usually any package normally sent from within the EU is not subject to customs check, but this last week or so I have now had four packages opened by customs, and released from Helsinki a day or two later than normal. Customs clearly stick bright yellow tape on any package they have opened. Luckily reps are not illegal to buy or repair :)

Today I have had a UK to Finland package seized, and I just got off the phone with customs after trying to explain what the package contents were, and what they were for, the value, and the reason the package was addresses to me. I feel fucking violated!

Also today, another package, this time from the U.S is being held, even though clear instructions were given to the sender, so now umpteen phone calls, and online forms to fill out.

When it rains it pours lol

dfq23

3 in one package is never a good idea though mate

Yea well.. I should have known better. TD agreed to send replacements but I might ask for refund instead. Maybe I'm just not meant to be in the rep game. =(

Good luck on yours and I hope you do receive it.

m2m mate. Don't give up just yet!!

ashesburn

m2m mate. Don't give up just yet!!

:) TD is waiting for a reply from EMS China, maybe hoping to claim on the confiscated package.. not sure.

So til then I still have time to re-think this.

Have you tried registered mail rather than EMS/Parcelforce? Any idea whether they are a safer bet?

The other option maybe to ask for TD to send the replacements separately (1 by 1) and via registered mail?

BTW, interesting read here.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/wisekey-showcases-latest-anti-counterfeiting-technologies-at-baselworld-to-lead-the-fight-against-counterfeit-and-imitations-253178831.html