Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

JSJ

Are you guys using the Royal Mail Detail Track page rather than the basic one? That one gives exact time it lands in UK.

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

No I wasn't and you are a star mate, thank you. I don't know why I didn't remember it from the last time you posted that. Now saved as a bookmark.

It landed at Heathrow this morning apparently, which is why the other status had changed.

dfq23

If it landed this morning, from my experience there is a very good chance you wil get it tomorrow

Jonnybaws

Mine's been in the international hub, status : " received and processed " for 8 days now ..... not feeling that confident about it :(

What is it you're waiting for?

Bronzo

Thats sucks mate...

Hope its just a case of the Customs guys being a bit slow and nothing more sinister!

dfq23

Overseas registered seems to be bloody quick at the moment. Had a watch land in heathrow today sent singapore post last thursday and some frozen figures (my little girl is obsessed) arrived today after only being sent using china post 8 days ago

baxter

Mine's been in the international hub, status : " received and processed " for 8 days now ..... not feeling that confident about it :(

What is it you're waiting for?

Bronzo

Thats sucks mate...

Hope its just a case of the Customs guys being a bit slow and nothing more sinister!

fingers crossed O ...... :Praying:

Hornet

My two watches seem to have arrived in the UK from TT! Well I got Parcel Force trying to deliver them today before the HK Airmail website had updated to sat that they were in the UK....

....fingers crossed this parcel is the watches!!!!!

kenton23

Not sure if it helps anyone but I had been worried reading a few of the recent posts about stuff not coming through or being delayed to the UK. I've just received a delivery from Toro via HK (DHL) which seems to have been fine though a touch slower than before and without the tracking ever being updated. Fingers crossed for you all.

Hornet

Got my two watches from TT today, were sent via HK Airmail with no issues.....

.....arrived before tracking was updated!

JSJ

Mine arrived fine this morning, China Post.

I will only ever use registered post from now on, having read this tale of woe. EMS can whistle for their money. What a waste. $30 for an increased risk of destruction. And by the way does it really cost $30?

wizzzard

Received an IWC via Chinapost EMS this morning. Sorted through Parcelforce in Coventry. Bubble wrapped like a china doll. Used Puretime.

Derek Mc

I am awaiting one from TT, out of curiosity when did you get word it had been posted?

Thanks.

baxter

mine still sitting in the international hub since the 7th :( :( :(

Derek Mc

I suspect you would have had a letter by now if it was seized though, it could well be the "Beaster backlog :)

qwerty1000

I suspect you would have had a letter by now if it was seized though, it could well be the "Beaster backlog :)

Mines been in customs FOUR weeks today but I e started to think the same if it had been seized surely I'd have been told by now??

Hornet

I am awaiting one from TT, out of curiosity when did you get word it had been posted?

Thanks.

10/04 was posted and processed, 14/04 left HK for UK, arrived in UK on 15/4 and was delivered the next day....

ericb196

My has been sitting in international hub for a long time too.

It stays from received and processed from the 15/04 till the 29/04 where there was a change to Forward for UK processing... It has been deliver today, now the second part of shipment can begin :)

awmlewis

Just thought id chime in! Had two watches sent from Josh a couple of weeks ago, came in less than 10 days. No problems with customs yet!

onzenuub
Just thought id chime in! Had two watches sent from Josh a couple of weeks ago, came in less than 10 days. No problems with customs yet!

Didn't you see the guys with the raincoats and black SUV's outside?

awmlewis

Didn't you see the guys with the raincoats and black SUV's outside?

Oh is that who they are?! I thought they were just over-privilleged goths...

baxter

Mines been seized ... Bastards :-(

Name of rights holder : Panerai watch ( represented by DETAIN ) :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

First one in over two years though so i guess i can't complain.

gtwc

Bastards indeed.

This seems to be much more of a problem than in years gone by.

'tis why I am looking more & more at micro / boutique brands.

I feel for you Baxter ('specially as it was a Bronzo) and for all other poor UK

people who are getting ass-raped by our fuckin' customs & excise.

andypandy1961

Hi Baxter

Fuckin customs, I think we must be worse than drugs dealers, how did you get informed, was it be post and is your dealer re shipping

nev848

That's shit news Jez and I often wonder how many customs officers are walking around with a huge Rep collection that has been acquired FOC. Just a thought.

baxter

it is indeed shitty, but i guess it's the luck of the draw and i guess on the whole we have it pretty easy in the uk .... i just hope there isn't a sea change in policy.

@ andypandy ... yes they inform you with a letter .... took around a month to arrive ..... hopefully the TD ( ANGUS ) will reship, he's asked for a copy of the letter, so we'll see what happens.

loiidol

Reading all these posts is kinda depressing :noway:

Heres to hoping most of you manage to pull through with your purchases!