Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

dfq23

m2m mate. Don't give up just yet!!

:) TD is waiting for a reply from EMS China, maybe hoping to claim on the confiscated package.. not sure.

So til then I still have time to re-think this.

Have you tried registered mail rather than EMS/Parcelforce? Any idea whether they are a safer bet?

The other option maybe to ask for TD to send the replacements separately (1 by 1) and via registered mail?

BTW, interesting read here.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/wisekey-showcases-latest-anti-counterfeiting-technologies-at-baselworld-to-lead-the-fight-against-counterfeit-and-imitations-253178831.html

Registered hong kong or singapore is good. China not so much as technically doesn't have to be signed for when delivered so easy for a dodgy postman to have away. Like my england shirt that landed on the 18th...

ashesburn

Registered hong kong or singapore is good. China not so much as technically doesn't have to be signed for when delivered so easy for a dodgy postman to have away. Like my england shirt that landed on the 18th...

Oh good to know. What about DHL/UPS? Have you tried them? Do you know if they go through the same channel as EMS/Parcelforce?

Ha! postman pat is £90 richer according to today's news then. :)

dfq23

Never tried them. Apparently they are better for getting stuff through customs but you will likely get charged and they charge more than parcelfarce.

nibo

i had two seperate EMS packages passing through customs at coventry for ten days, thankfully both are now on the way to me now. Hold your nerves guys all will be fine.

gjf764

My first rep arrived today having been at Coventry for less that 24 hours (EMS)

It's a bit broken but that's not customs fault!

nibo

lets face it , we all know the risks and its a lottery to clear customs. The more we order the harder it is to check them all !!

Technojunkie

I had an order dispatched on 29th March to the UK using EMS from WI. It's not landed in the UK yet but will keep this thread updated on the progress.

Out of interest, are TD's usually sympathetic when it comes to customs seizures or are we on our own ?

nibo

i would hope so , were all in it together

dfq23

Depends on the td mate. Some will re ship some say tough. Think you are okay with WI. Mine is from tony who is a td elsewhere but I believe he also reships

Technojunkie

Depends on the td mate. Some will re ship some say tough. Think you are okay with WI. Mine is from tony who is a td elsewhere but I believe he also reships

Ok, thanks.

ShadyManc

I didn't have any issues 2 weeks ago, but have nothing rep in the air at present. I have a gen coming in from Canada so will be interesting to see what happens with that, it should pass through as normal.

Is there a heightened security alert in place in Europe at the moment? Having checked but could explain the scrutiny that all parcels are being put through?

Also could be a lack of staff to process following budget cuts.

dfq23

I'm hoping like Greg said all is fine, but I have not seen a seized watch post on any of the forums for ages and now we have 2 on here and 1 on RWI in a day.

Got a bloody Breitling now in flight from China as well which should land tonight or tomorrow!

Technojunkie

TD sent mine on 17th March via EMS.

Parcelforce website showing awaiting customs clearance on the 21st March ..

21-03-2014 22:19 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

I received a letter from Border Force on the 27th saying that watches have been confiscated and will be destroyed.

I ordered 2 Pams and 1 IWC.

What bad luck for my first rep order. :(

As you refer to "Border Force", I take it your not based in the UK !?

dfq23

Border force is just the name of the people who do the customs checks for parcel force. Makes them sound important and menacing

Technojunkie

Got a bloody Breitling now in flight from China as well which should land tonight or tomorrow!

Mine's a Breitling too and should also be landing tonight or tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Border force is just the name of the people who do the customs checks for parcel force. Makes them sound important and menacing

I had no idea, thanks.

Conex

They have obviously been sent a "memo". They will be all keen for a few weeks then it will go back to normal hopefully. Feel sorry for whoever is affected. Its a shit scenario that we just have to grin and bear.

dfq23

Do they have the right to seize and destroy any reps or only ones instructed to by the rights holder?

Also on the parcel force website it says:

My parcel has been opened by Customs, why has this happened?

Customs are legally entitled to open parcels where information on the Customs declaration is not clear or if the customs declaration is missing and they need to make an assessment

So are they allowed to just go fishing as it were

Parker007
TD sent mine on 17th March via EMS.

Parcelforce website showing awaiting customs clearance on the 21st March ..

21-03-2014 22:19 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

I received a letter from Border Force on the 27th saying that watches have been confiscated and will be destroyed.

I ordered 2 Pams and 1 IWC.

What bad luck for my first rep order. :(

Who was the td?

roy8846

I paid $20 extra to get my latest purchase sent from France, the seller lives in Switzerland which is not in EU.

He reckons there would be 0 problems but for the sakes of a few quid its peace of mind.

I would never use EMS again, pay a little more for DHL or wait an extra week for Airmail.

Either way is safer customs wise!

SSTEEL

I didn't have any issues 2 weeks ago, but have nothing rep in the air at present. I have a gen coming in from Canada so will be interesting to see what happens with that, it should pass through as normal.

Is there a heightened security alert in place in Europe at the moment? Having checked but could explain the scrutiny that all parcels are being put through?

Also could be a lack of staff to process following budget cuts.

Been on the phone today to the post and customs, there's nothing going on as such, and I was told that more, and more people are buying things online these days in Finland. eBay is slowly trickling into the country, but being the language is in English, a lot of Finns don't use eBay, but those who know English obviously do as and when they find out about eBay.

zufir

Holy Shit, does this apply to canada ?

Pseudonym

I had a PAM arrive yesterday... Did I tell you all it was my 332 :giggle:

Anywho... Came in without a hitch. Processed through customs in 20mins according to tracking. Guy must of been an expendables fan LOL

zufir

I had a PAM arrive yesterday... Did I tell you all it was my 332 :giggle:

Anywho... Came in without a hitch. Processed through customs in 20mins according to tracking. Guy must of been an expendables fan LOL

Well shit, I hope mine is a James Bond fan

rimarima2

someone who isnt me (SWIM) asked his friend what he should say to any potential calls from customs saying they siezed a rep going to his or her adress. What is a good response?

ps SWIMs friend lives in sweden

SWIMs says thanks