Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

D_Biddles

I've had a watch waiting at customs since the 21st, I'd expect to have received a letter by now if it had been seized :/

Yep 21 here too mate. Still hoping no news is good news. What's your tracking status showing?

2I7OO75.png

Well yours got further than mine! Still awaiting clearance

What does 'Received and Processed' even mean though?

It means its been handed back to Delivery Agent (RM or DHL, EMS whoever)

Sometimes it can go back to handed over to customs 2 or 3 times though, if this happens you are getting VAT and charges added usually.

With reps though I guess that wouldnt happen as they just seize them?

What do you suspect has happened then?

Technojunkie

It would be nice to hear from people that have had successful deliveries to the UK via EMS within the past week in order to gauge how bad the problem is !

1:1

Got watches in customs aswell, this is torture...

Just created this account, so I guess: Hi RWG ;)

Edited by 1:1

qwerty1000

Hi 1:1 how long they been there?

Welcome aboard

1:1

Not long, just a few days. But after reading this thread it feels like infinity+1

YotaBoy

Damn, if I'm not mistaken there was a period of time a few years back that customs seizures suddenly rose like right now.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=33160&st=0

I hope these issues are resolved for our UK brothers. Lucky to be in tha States, never had a watch sit in LAX/SFO for more than 2 days.

dfq23

Well another day. Lets see if anyone has any luck, or letters....

Technojunkie
Well another day. Lets see if anyone has any luck, or letters....

Any further developments on your EMS delivery status ?

gravedigger

Received 16610 about week ago with no problem ( trusty time)

Arnitom

Just god an email from my TD. My Skyland and Sub got seized.... had been waiting for a custom clearance for more than a week...

Why god....why!!? :dramaqueen:

Edited by Arnitom

dfq23

Just god an email from my TD. My Skyland and Sub got seized.... had been waiting for a custom clearance for more than a week...

Yours was here for triangle shipping wasn't it mate? At least it's your dealers problem to sort now.

Mine still showing awaiting clearance.

That fourth person resorting seizure now in two days.

Permission to panic greg?

black263

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

DMMS

I'm not technically in the UK (I live in Jersey) but Customs here are closely linked to their UK counterparts and I had a watch sent by EMS seized at the end of Feb. It left the TD, went through the normal process then was showing as delivered. I called the post office to be told "your watch has been delivered to Maritime House". That was alarming for two reasons - first that they knew it was a watch and second that Maritime House is where Customs are housed. Two weeks letter a seizure notice appeared - but not in the post. Being a local government employee, and seeing as it was being delivered to work, a helpful customs officer popped into my office and hand delivered the letter. Hey ho...

The TD has been brilliant. They are replacing and will send by HK post this time around. I have to say that I have had plenty of deliveries from China get through without any problems. This is my first EMS delivery and my first seizure so that cannot be a coincidence!

dfq23

Think with the last seizure posted on here being to Josh's triangle shipping rep here in the UK as opposed to one of us plebs that it is now becoming a bit of a cluster fuck if triangle is also having issues as dealers always swear blind never had any issues or seizures to customers wanting that service.

Edited by dfq23

Arnitom

Yours was here for triangle shipping wasn't it mate? At least it's your dealers problem to sort now.

Mine still showing awaiting clearance.

That fourth person resorting seizure now in two days.

Permission to panic greg?

Correct.. It was a triangle shipping to Iceland.

My dealer will be arranging new watches and will be using HK post. I can't describe how helpful he has been, trying to clear this situation!!

I have never gotten a rep sent by EMS neither and never lost one so there must be something big going on...

black263

I've only once had DHL, and it was by far the quickest. I did get charged £20 or so for import duty.

i.davies

It would be nice to hear from people that have had successful deliveries to the UK via EMS within the past week in order to gauge how bad the problem is !

I posted earlier - I received my Daytona from Josh on Friday - took a week from delivery (EMS) and was at Customs for about 24-48 hours before it cleared. Also had a M2M DHL packet through from Europe in about 4 days.

Looks like I have been lucky. Fingers crossed for you all who are still waiting.

dfq23

Think i'm resigned to mine having been seized but just want the letter to arrive so I can arrange replacement

qwerty1000

Well it's day 13 and no further movement. Anyone else?

Yep me too DFQ. When will the letter come?

dfq23

Yours isn't coming EMS mate so not sure how the other carriers work. All seizures listed so far have been EMS so you may still be ok and they could actually just be backlogged.

I would have thought letters would have been received by now though although whats to say they didn't get lost in the bloody mail!

Edited by dfq23

draggnation

We were just informed we can use ePacket to ship to UK, so, we man try to use that to see how that works out.

Sent you an email for orders...yet to recieve a response.

sardonix

Mine is moving again :)

Shipped march 11 in China ems to uk

cpWTJp8.jpg

dfq23

Well postie just been. Another day and no seizure letter so still not got a Scooby what's going on

sputim

Have an order sitting at uk customs since the 24th..tracking status remains silent and only info I have is : handed over to customs..seems like a nightmare :(