Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

slaughterer

I know some TDs are having customs problems with DHL China upon sending and are shifting more deliveries to EMS.

If a package in the UK is 3 weeks awaiting customs clearance, it usually means it has been seized, but I have seen packages that got through with even that long a delay.

If your package is triangle, you will not receive a seizure letter, the triangle shipping agent will.

Hornet

I've got two watches on order from Andrew at Trusty, thankfully have not been sent yet. Have asked if they could be sent via DHL, last watch came in via them and had no problems.

qwerty1000

Mine has been 12 days I fear the worst. Thought I'd have been notified by now though

Porter21

Mine has been 12 days I fear the worst. Thought I'd have been notified by now though

Don't worry just yet.... my first order took 24 days for me to get

dfq23

Was that EMS?

Porter21
Was that EMS?

Yup... and trust me... i was FREAKING out! lol. but it all worked out in the end.

qwerty1000

FedEx for me and not the "international hub" so I don't know if that makes a diff. It's just sat there and I would like to know either way

Porter21
FedEx for me and not the "international hub" so I don't know if that makes a diff. It's just sat there and I would like to know either way

Have you tried contacting fedex? I know my watch sat in "preparing to ship" phase for two weeks solid before any updates.

ashesburn

Maybe it doesn't matter... but am I right to say that parcels that contained more than 1 watch get seized more easily (3 watches in my case)?

Has anyone receive their parcels via EMS with more than 1 watch?

Or has anyone had their parcels seized where there was ONLY 1 watch in the parcel?

Trying to determine whether quantity is a factor here.

Edited by ashesburn

Paul tag

I have 3 watches on order with Michelle at Silix. Paid for, awaiting QC, so have a chance to dodge this customs bullet. Is DHL the very best option and would you split the delivery?

Thanks

Hornet

Got an email from Andrew at Trusty and he says he's discussing various options with his shippers. Not much help to you guys with watches in transit. Suppose that this is one of the prices to pay for buying reps.....

Edited by eaxwrob

Paul tag

Echo of the post above.

Hornet

I have 3 watches on order with Michelle at Silix. Paid for, awaiting QC, so have a chance to dodge this customs bullet. Is DHL the very best option and would you split the delivery?

Thanks

From this thread it seems like DHL is a good option, but I'd ask the TD what they think......

Arnitom

According to Josh, some watch brands are not an option with DHL, such as Rolex and Breitling...

Can't understand why other "less" known brands are ok then....

Hornet

According to Josh, some watch brands are not an option with DHL, such as Rolex and Breitling...

That doesn't make sense to me; I don't think the shipper, i.e. DHL, knows what is in the package. Why on earth would a shipper say no to Rolex and yes to Omega?!? Maybe taste....?

dfq23

While a good dealer, I have learnt to take most things said by Josh with a pinch of salt as it where

narikaa

Maybe not the case here, but in Thailand DHL etc do what customs tell them to do, in fact you cant ship anything not packed in front of them

1:1

That doesn't make sense to me; I don't think the shipper, i.e. DHL, knows what is in the package. Why on earth would a shipper say no to Rolex and yes to Omega?!? Maybe taste....?

Most likley Rolex is paying DHL to be extra harsh against Rolex reps.

If Rolex pay more than DHL earns from transporting the reps, its a good deal for DHL to stop transporting them.

Money talks

Hornet

Maybe not the case here, but in Thailand DHL etc do what customs tell them to do, in fact you cant ship anything not packed in front of them

...interesting! I'd not thought about it like that. I suppose that with the reps coming from Asia it is a different story to me popping down to my local post office with a parcel. Is that the same in China then?

Hornet

Most likley Rolex is paying DHL to be extra harsh against Rolex reps.

If Rolex pay more than DHL earns from transporting the reps, its a good deal for DHL to stop transporting them.

Money talks

Not sure if that makes sense to me either; if the goods are fake and hence illegal then the shipper would be refusing to send any of them?

Edited by eaxwrob

DG335

Interesting but also probably more "noise", if in fortunate for the few. I'm still with Gregs backlog idea. Maybe they're doing a few more checks but I bet they haven't got a cat in hells chance of checking every package through ems.

Some will die in the first wave...most will get through...it won't be The Somme

andy34

Guys,

I've been a member on here for nearly a year now and have purchased 12 watches from various TDs, the one thing I have learnt in that time is not to track your orders, it is only patchy at best, hell I've got an Omega watch that is still awaiting customs clearance and its been on my wrist for 3 months, I have another thats still waiting for clearance from China and I recieved it in September. The status of both these watches has never changed. Yes watches do get pulled, but thats just bad luck. Millions of parcels go through every day- they cannot check them all. Also waiting up to 4 weeks for your watch is not unusual, do not listen to people who get them within a week of ordering, it is possible, but just plain lucky. Calm is the key.

1:1

Guys,

I've been a member on here for nearly a year now and have purchased 12 watches from various TDs, the one thing I have learnt in that time is not to track your orders, it is only patchy at best, hell I've got an Omega watch that is still awaiting customs clearance and its been on my wrist for 3 months, I have another thats still waiting for clearance from China and I recieved it in September. The status of both these watches has never changed. Yes watches do get pulled, but thats just bad luck. Millions of parcels go through every day- they cannot check them all. Also waiting up to 4 weeks for your watch is not unusual, do not listen to people who get them within a week of ordering, it is possible, but just plain lucky. Calm is the key.

So very true. Im currently updating the tracking site like every 10 minutes, so god damn unnecessary. Won't update anymore today, wish me luck.

andy34

I wouldn't bother updating it at all mate, maybe check on Friday night when the working week has finished, the admin office may have updated the progress by then.

D_Biddles

OMFG progress at last!

KE1FdFx.png