Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

DG335

Et voila

NMA

my e-cig batteries and atomizers just arrived (UK) 9 days, China Post Airmail, a heavy jiffy envelope declared as "screen protectors" and 400grms :)

so there's no delay me thinks or "screen protectors" passed quick.

Holy Shit!

Wrong Forum! :)

sputim

Good news guys. My packaga has now finally been released from customs. It was on hold for 9 days so it seems that they just have a huge backlog and not increased the number of seizures. The chance is always present that a package gets seized but it is very unlikely. During stressful times there are backlogs so I guess this was the problem. Cheers

Hornet

Good news guys. My packaga has now finally been released from customs. It was on hold for 9 days so it seems that they just have a huge backlog and not increased the number of seizures. The chance is always present that a package gets seized but it is very unlikely. During stressful times there are backlogs so I guess this was the problem. Cheers

Phew..... :thumbsup:

Paul tag

Do 3 watches carry a higher risk of seizure?

sputim

In my eyes I would say no. But the more watches in one package the higher is the chance to get a fine in some countries at least. But chances of seizure are not bigger unless the package is substantially bigger..

Paul tag

I will ask the td their opinion. Thanks

qwerty1000

Great news well done mate. Another day for me and no change. Glad for you though

Bigdav13

really didnt want to see this thread :death:

waiting for a my first rep which is at customs and has been there since 17th march

guessing the game is over for my superocean :(

Bigdav13

Guys,

I've been a member on here for nearly a year now and have purchased 12 watches from various TDs, the one thing I have learnt in that time is not to track your orders, it is only patchy at best, hell I've got an Omega watch that is still awaiting customs clearance and its been on my wrist for 3 months, I have another thats still waiting for clearance from China and I recieved it in September. The status of both these watches has never changed. Yes watches do get pulled, but thats just bad luck. Millions of parcels go through every day- they cannot check them all. Also waiting up to 4 weeks for your watch is not unusual, do not listen to people who get them within a week of ordering, it is possible, but just plain lucky. Calm is the key.

great post lets hope it comes true for me,

im hoping there a major backlog at customs cant afford to lose this piece

qwerty1000

It's almost like surfing the net when you are sick and reading all the bad things it could be!! Where is yours at BigDave?

Bigdav13

It's almost like surfing the net when you are sick and reading all the bad things it could be!! Where is yours at BigDave?

at customs 'received and processed' or something like that, hasnt changed since the 17th so i aint holding out much hope tbh

dfq23

Everyones seems to be or have been at received and processed. I dream of being at received and processed!

Richyrich

At International Hub since the 24th, just gone to National hub tonight so out for delivery tomorrow. What a relief!

No more EMS for me..

golddusterrolex360

So there is some risk involved in importing one of these things?

qwerty1000

Yeah you could lose $400

Odyseus

I don't know why some of you guys are winging about a few days held in customs, when one of my watches was stuck there for over Two months!! :)

ShadyManc

My gen shipment has now arrived in UK customs. I would say if there's a backlog then everything will be held up longer, whereas if they're doing diligence on Chinese shipments only then my gen will not be held up. I'll keep you all posted.

qwerty1000
I don't know why some of you guys are winging about a few days held in customs, when one of my watches was stuck there for over Two months!! :)

Two months????? What the hell???

dfq23

Well I just had a Breitling land at coventry and that's also now at awaiting customs clearance. More pressure lol!

black263

Not a higher risk of seizure, but if it happens, you lose all three in one hit. Eggs in baskets versus savings on postage charges. Your choice.

rc42

I posted this once before but it seems appropriate for this thread.

This is the sort of thing that's keeping customs inspectors busy:

rats.jpg

MikeAlmighty

I posted this once before but it seems appropriate for this thread.

This is the sort of thing that's keeping customs inspectors busy:

rats.jpg

AW Hell NAW :vomit:

DG335
So there is some risk involved in importing one of these things?

What beyond importing illegal goods ?

dfq23

plus if you order a Hublot there is also the risk that everyone will think you are a wanker