Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

Bigdav13

Just checked my shipping status again its been handed back to parcelforce so may get it after all happy days

There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

grb

I have just bought a very expensive crystal and that has been collared for some reason, still waiting for notification

If any of you buy anything legit (not rep) incoming to the UK make sure you get a low declaration value.

My crystal has turned up, well the demand for it has 20% + £12 + vat.

Spose that's only to be expected

JSJ

I have just bought a very expensive crystal and that has been collared for some reason, still waiting for notification

If any of you buy anything legit (not rep) incoming to the UK make sure you get a low declaration value.

My crystal has turned up, well the demand for it has 20% + £12 + vat.

Spose that's only to be expected

The VAT I can kind of see even if I don't like it. But the £12 is like me charging them to fill in their fucking tax form.

Paul tag

Right decision time.

Qc pics in,look fine. 3 watches in total ready to be shipped, at the moment they are going EMS in one package. Would you change the shipping (EMS at the moment ) and split the package or leave it and just hope all will be ok?.

Thanks

Technojunkie

My order has arrived in the UK and the status is showing as " Handed over to Customs" so the wait now begins........

sputim
Right decision time.

Qc pics in,look fine. 3 watches in total ready to be shipped, at the moment they are going EMS in one package. Would you change the shipping (EMS at the moment ) and split the package or leave it and just hope all will be ok?.

Thanks

Ship all in one. If you split you pay way more shipping chances and csance that at least one package is seized is bigger..in worst case all 3 watches were gone but it's not very probable ;)

Paul tag

Thanks, stay with EMS or go with DHL?.

If it all goes wrong what would happen regarding replacement.

Thanks for info.

Cheers Paul

Daywatch

More than 2 watches is always a risk of seizure, at least for other EU countries. One or 2 may pass as cheapies or something else, 3 and definitely more draw more attention. Most seizures relate to 3 or more / watch + box in same package.

OLDBLOKE74

My only seizure to date has been a 3 watch package

I now do 2 at most

Paul tag

Advice so far;

Do not split no more risk of seizure.

Split, more risk of seizure.

EMS or pay for DHL?

This shipping to uk.

sputim

Yes never had shippde 3 watches at once but 2 watches is fine and as long as they are not opening the package I guess there is no difference between 2 and 3. As soon as they open it chances that it is seized is big anyway. Just go with ems and there will most likely be no issue at all ;) in case of seizure I am sure your td will resend for maybe some little extra costs ;)

Daywatch

Let´s put it this way. The Year is 2014, the fully automated x-ray machine separates "suspicious" packages from the rest. 2 go through the machine, 3 go not. same goes for flashlights and other stuff. Just my opinion but it isn´t far fetched.

sputim

Maybe you are right! But sometimes, no risk, no fun is the way to go. Seriously, I wouldn't order 3 watches att the same time but in his case he already did so it is hard to say which way to go. Best is to ask td and he should know whether it is safe to bring 3 watches through uk or not.

dfq23

Abyss that came in last night, now moved to received and processed. Tag that came in on 21st, still showing awaiting clearance. Well hopefully i'll get at least one!!

Paul tag

She has told me not to worry about customs. Is it possible she may refuse to resend if they are seized?

dfq23

And now the abyss is forwarded for UK processing! One done and dusted in an hour! Well at least means not flagged but could mean tag has been lost by the fucktards there which is not good as doubt would get replacement for it if so

sputim
She has told me not to worry about customs. Is it possible she may refuse to resend if they are seized?

Mate your TD is long enough into the business and not gonna lie. They are td's on the bords for some reason so trust her. And in case anything goes wrong you will find a solution that is to your satisfaction believe me! Just approve your shipment and relax. Best is to not even check tracking and just lay back. It safes you a lot of rumours and wild guesses ;)

Paul tag

Thanks sputum, enough of this, approval sent. Will go with td.

Cheers

sputim

Paul you will have your watches in your hands sooner than you imagine :) best of luck to you!

qwerty1000

Wish I did. Another day no change :-(

dfq23

Seizure letter just received

ashesburn

Seizure letter just received

Sorry to hear that mate. Well at least you got 1 through the door?

What was the brand of the one that was seized? and the other that went through?

dfq23

Was a tag that got seized and a breitling that got through. Think same as last time it all kicked off, Richemont and LVMH brands are being targeted.

Just emailed tony at asian7750 who I believe does reship in event of seizure so fingers crossed. My change the order to a solebox if possible just in case

qwerty1000

At least you know mate. Is it the standard UKBA one everyone talks about?

dfq23

Yep standard letter saying if destroyed then they consider the matter closed. Not gonna reply and just wait for the TD to get back to me (He is TD at the geek and RWI so should be all good)