Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

Bigcountrykris

Had a delivery this morning from EMS/parcelforce, took 8 days from china to my door, but had a fedex one arrive last thursday, only took 3 days from TD to my door, fedex is worth the extra $20

Odyseus
Seizure letter just received

Hopefully, your TD will send you another watch?

dfq23

Had a read up elsewhere and threads say that he does reship so fingers crossed. Funny thing is I only ordered it cos wifey liked it!

qwerty1000
Had a delivery this morning from EMS/parcelforce, took 8 days from china to my door, but had a fedex one arrive last thursday, only took 3 days from TD to my door, fedex is worth the extra $20

Interesting as my FedEx is now awaiting clearance for 13 days!!!

Technojunkie
My order has arrived in the UK and the status is showing as " Handed over to Customs" so the wait now begins........

Now showing as "Released from Customs" so I'm optimistic I'll be seeing it sometime soon.

mrmarcus86

Just received my Patek Nautilus 5711 from PureTime. It was with EMS via London (UK) to the Netherlands. I had no problems at all. It only took some more time clearing customs at the UK and The Netherlands. I hope other member will receive their packages...

dfq23

My abyss 42 has made it to the national hub so at least I will have something to look forward to tomorrow. Even if it is the red one and not the blue I really wanted because the tools in the factory did a whole batch with the hand from the 44 abyss on them. Not that i'm bitter about things today...

wez

I've ordered 2 watches and a box and Silix....gonna be crapping my self for the next 2 weeks until it arrives on my doorstep

qwerty1000

No change in 14 days. Do you all think I'd have heard by now if bad news? Could it still come?

wez

Perhaps the John Mayer scandal has heightened the look out for fake watches?

Wester_Special

I received the official seized letter from customs too.

qwerty1000

How long was your item in customs for and which airport?

Wester_Special

12 days - Dutch customs

sardonix

12 days - Dutch customs

Dutch customs are strict always a risk to ship to you directly and not use triangle route to Holland.

dfq23

Just arranged reship with my TD but waiting to see what method he will use as think EMS is a no go at the moment for any LVMH or Richemont brand.

These are

Tag

Hublot

Panerai

zenith

Jaeger le coultre

Mont blanc

vacheron constantin

piaget

Iwc

Bulgari

NMA

I remember that list, it's a few men (probably just one person) company operates at customs, I wonder email address is still Hotmail :)

Wester_Special

12 days - Dutch customs

Dutch customs are strict always a risk to ship to you directly and not use triangle route to Holland.

This is the first out of three watches that is seized. My TD said they never had a problem with Dutch customs.

And i heard from some fellow Dutch members on this board they never had a watch seized.

So why do you think so?

sardonix

12 days - Dutch customs

This is the first out of three watches that is seized. My TD said they never had a problem with Dutch customs.

And i heard from some fellow Dutch members on this board they never had a watch seized.

So why do you think so?

Speak to Dutch oldtimers they do not take the risk on high dollar reps to ship directly from China.

Would not surprise me if 20% is seized in Holland no matter what a seller claims.

dfq23

I remember that list, it's a few men (probably just one person) company operates at customs, I wonder email address is still Hotmail :)

Both companies have long standing arrangements with UK customs to seize and destroy their goods. Letter was legit from them not that twat at detain-uk.

I reckon almost all watches seized in recent spate of activity were one of these brands plus Rolex who are also known for being tossers with reps

12 days - Dutch customs

So why do you think so?

Who was your TD mate?

Wester_Special

12 days - Dutch customs

So why do you think so?

Speak to Dutch oldtimers they do not take the risk on high dollar reps to ship directly from China.

Would not surprise me if 20% is seized in Holland no matter what a seller claims.

Okay, i will consider this next time when i spend 460 dollar haha.

But i wonder if shipping via UK is safer nowadays.

qwerty1000

What's people's views on intercepted Omega. Are they on the list? Still same process for being destroyed?

sardonix

12 days - Dutch customs

So why do you think so?

Okay, i will consider this next time when i spend 460 dollar haha.

But i wonder if shipping via UK is safer nowadays.

UK has backlog mine came through just took some time had lots with triangle to Holland (knock on wood)

Or use Toro he does triangle trough Spain.

qwerty1000

Mine is through Toro but been sat in customs 14 days. Aaaaaaaaaargh

sardonix
Mine is through Toro but been sat in customs 14 days. Aaaaaaaaaargh

In Spain?

I know Toro does UK and Spain triangle.

I always took the Spain route with him.

Jonnybaws

Not sure where mine is...

Ordered a couple of watches from Andrew, EMS tracking has it dispatched from sorting centre on the 31st...

No further update...

If its been "sent to Customs" the tracking should at least acknowledge its been recevied in the UK..

Not too worried to be honest (yet), its most likely on a slow boat/plane from China..