Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Marina Militare 47mm Dial Replacement

Akira

Hey guys

i was thinking about getting a getat marina militare

this one

do you think it makes sense to buy this dial to replace getat's?

is it easy?

what do you think?

greg_r

Your links don't work, but what's wrong with the getat dials?

Akira
Your links don't work, but what's wrong with the getat dials?

b_1240635051203023843.jpg

DSCF5199.jpg

its a very good watch but no pam rep imo, because it does not say panerai in the dial

but if i interchange the dial it would be a great rep

dont you think?

KeNnY

don't you want to buy rep from Robert ? :D He has got AWESOME PAMS!!!!

greg_r
its a very good watch but no pam rep imo, because it does not say panerai in the dial

dont you think?

D'oh! It's not a rep - it's not SUPPOSED to be a rep, it's a homage. (i.e. in the style of Panerai - not pretending to be Panerai). Changing the dial is a silly idea as it's STILL not going to be a rep as you won't have the necessary engravings on the back and movement.

If you want a rep rather than a homage, BUY a rep. Try one of Robert's inexpensive PAMs - you'll get better if you spend more, but his $99 Fiddy is still a decent watch.

Brightlight

dont you think?

D'oh! It's not a rep - it's not SUPPOSED to be a rep, it's a homage. (i.e. in the style of Panerai - not pretending to be Panerai). Changing the dial is a silly idea as it's STILL not going to be a rep as you won't have the necessary engravings on the back and movement.

If you want a rep rather than a homage, BUY a rep. Try one of Robert's inexpensive PAMs - you'll get better if you spend more, but his $99 Fiddy is still a decent watch.

I don't see anything wrong in wanting to fit a Pam dial to the Getat if that's what the OP wants to do. After all, who is going to see the back or the movement?

And what better homage to a Panerai, than a dial with 'Panerai' on it.................... Does a homage have to be sterile?

It all depends on how anal you are about the accuracy of your reps. TBH most of the things people agonise about as 'tells' can only be seen with a loupe.

greg_r

Yup - a homage is sterile (or branded with another name), that's what makes it a homage :facepalm:

I just don't see the point - if you want a rep, buy a rep. The watch will be of similar quality, will cost less (as you won't have to buy the dial and then go to the trouble of changing it) and will be closer to the gen. It's a win/win situation.... :rofl:

The reason to buy the Getat homage is because A: you want a homage rather than a rep and B: you want superlume - which you will, of course, lose if you change the dial. Yes, Tat's watch comes with a nice strap but by the time you've changed the dial you could have bought a reasonable strap with the same money anyhow...

Akira
Yup - a homage is sterile (or branded with another name), that's what makes it a homage :facepalm:

I just don't see the point - if you want a rep, buy a rep. The watch will be of similar quality, will cost less (as you won't have to buy the dial and then go to the trouble of changing it) and will be closer to the gen. It's a win/win situation.... :rofl:

Ok thanks for your opinions

greg i see your point, i thought getats homage is better quality as roberts reps and all i have to do is change

the dial and since its a sandwich dial i still would have superlume.

but since this is to much effort and roberts pams seem to be great, i think i will buy from him...

maybe change the strap

Thanks BL i see your point to, i am not really about how close is the rep to the gen, but it may be much easier

the way greg mentioned it

awesome forum