Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

GINAULT Black Watches 16600 DEEP WATER I

ThinkBachs

Ginault Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 Deep Water I

1. Ginault Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 Deep Water I is a re-design of the Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 watch. The watch case and bracelet of Deep Water I are using composite material that has to be light, strong, non-magnetic, and does not reflect light.

black-watches-004.jpg

2. Reprint SEA-DWELLER, and 4000ft = 1220 m letters on the dial to be red. Back in the 70's when Rolex first launched the Sea-Dweller model, the letters were printed red to distinguish from the Rolex Submariner watches. The bold design makes the dial very unique from the other sports diving watches in the market. To add a flavor on the dial, I would remake the date display wheel - give it black base and white numbers in contrast of the current white base, black numbers.

3. Blacken the silvery sides and circles of the hour markers. As the new Ginault Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 watch is for special operations use, it is necessary to eliminate any factors on the watch that will reflect light. Thus, blackened hour and minute hands are necessary. As of the second hand, I would like to adopt Rolex Yacht-Master 16622 watches' designing - to reprint the second hand to be red.

4. Showcasing the Rolex 3135 movement. Quite a few would know that Rolex movements are actually very beautiful and enjoyable to read. One of the customization/modification I would like to add on this Ginault Rolex Sea-Dweller watch is to showcase the Rolex 3135 movement. To achieve this, I would have to cut a hole on the back case, and install a sapphire crystal glass that is no less than 2.0 mm to remain the watch water resistance to 4,000 feet. Good quality sapphire crystal glass isn't easy to source. My French supplier suggested I put something on the crystal, so here is what I have in mind.

5. Give the new watch a name. Okay, this is no longer a regular Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 watch. It is a Ginault Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 watch. Let's name it "DEEP WATER I".

pdf.png

More here>>>

Edited by ThinkBachs

speedzmaster
:Whistle:

ThinkBachs

The more I looked into the site, the stranger it became. The guy is using a template, and leaving all sorts of weird stuff from the sample on the site. Links don't work, looks like it was started in 2002 and never finished. Weird.

Ska

Very strange place.

I don't get it. - especially the paypal link to

"preorder" his weird 3d model of a sub (only accessible via a link entitled 'Sea Wolf')

Weird.

KBH

As long as it's got his name on it, I don't like it. Other than that , it's pretty interesting.

It's blasphemy to take a revered name like Rolex and put some stranger's name on the dial. Tiffany or Cartier I can understand.

Ska

+1. There's only one name which can ever be added to a rolex dial.

Comex.

Everyone else was too late.

Member X

I'm loving the matte finish though!