Sign in to follow this  
srmd22

which version of the SOSF (blue dial)

srmd22

There is the 21J Asian movement, at around $150 (ballpark, can't remember exactly) and the V1, V2 and V3 Swiss ETA movements, going for somewhere <$400. I think I want to go for one of the Swiss ones, but I can't figure out which is the preferred. I seem to have gotten it into my head that V3 is the same as V1 (from the same factory) but with an updated dial or bezel, and that some people like V1/V3 and some like V2 (from a different factory).

Am I even close to getting this right?

By the way, I know the blue dial is not to close to the gen shade of blue, but I want blue. I have a drawer full of black dial divers.

Enlighten me! Thanks.

KBH

I don't think it matters. From what I've been hearing the SOSF is no longer available and has been discontinued by the factory. So, unless you find one in members sales, you might be out of luck.

The Swiss version was the best I think. I have no idea which version it is. To more complicate things, Robert was selling the Swiss version case with 21j movement which is the one I had. It was a great watch.

NFleischer

DSC00188.jpg

That's too bad- The SOSF was always considered one of the best reps out there.

I don't think it matters. From what I've been hearing the SOSF is no longer available and has been discontinued by the factory. So, unless you find one in members sales, you might be out of luck.

The Swiss version was the best I think. I have no idea which version it is. To more complicate things, Robert was selling the Swiss version case with 21j movement which is the one I had. It was a great watch.

sconehead

I bought this A21j fish from Ruby for $100 way back when, on gen rubber it's a stunning watch...there should be plenty out there gathering dust in the members watch boxes...why not try a 'want to buy' in the sales section...B)

2010_01080105.jpg