Sign in to follow this  
BigJK

WHICH AP 15400 SHOULD I BUY?

BigJK

Hey guys so I'm stuck on a few AP 15400's

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=863 - 3 DIALS; Asian 2824 25J

$438

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=700 - 4 DIALS; SWISS ETA 2824-2

$388

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=958 - 4 DIALS MIYOTA 9015 24J

$438

Guys, can you first of tell me what do the 3 and 4 dials mean.

Also which watch would you guys buy?

Would any of you guys buy like the rose gold coloured AP's or any other colours you guys prefer?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatarms

If you use the dial pull down menus, there are 3/4 different dial colors. I'd go with the Asian or Miyota movements model.

Daywatch

This is the best for now:

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=958 - 4 DIALS MIYOTA 9015 24J

$438

the dials refer to colours available. If You look at the backcases the Myota comes with 3 nice screws at the center of the rotor instead of one; compared to the others it has additional very nice engravings on the movement (not only the rotor). The AP logo on the dial of this version is better/clearer/brighter, datewheel rectangle is better;

The negatives: on a lot of these "best" ones the better AP logo is misaligned/ not centered; on several the stickers at 12 are not perfectly parallel to each other;

Tip: Supermirrors/Sead has a special offering on the Myota version - all the same except no engravings at all - think it´s just 318 but better check with him. For myself I really like them anyways, even if the whole movement isn´t close to gen the deep engravings on the rotor/movement are very nice.

Update: "All the same" was publicity. Seems it´s the 23j casing (unchecked/rumour) with the Myota movement so its different and less good at a lower price. Toros Swiss is better; Toros Myota is best

honeybear

The movement engravings and rotor on the Miyota version does look very nice. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the Sead version, or go whole hog. $120 more seems a bit excessive for just the Audemars Piguet engraving on the movement main plate.

Rolexwatchman

I have really good ones from tt and ts... pretty much same as miyota

BigJK

This is the best for now:

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=958 - 4 DIALS MIYOTA 9015 24J

$438

the dials refer to colours available. If You look at the backcases the Myota comes with 3 nice screws at the center of the rotor instead of one; compared to the others it has additional very nice engravings on the movement (not only the rotor). The AP logo on the dial of this version is better/clearer/brighter, datewheel rectangle is better;

The negatives: on a lot of these "best" ones the better AP logo is misaligned/ not centered; on several the stickers at 12 are not perfectly parallel to each other;

Tip: Supermirrors/Sead has a special offering on the Myota version - all the same except no engravings at all - think it´s just 318 but better check with him. For myself I really like them anyways, even if the whole movement isn´t close to gen the deep engravings on the rotor/movement are very nice.

Is Supermirrors/Sead a TD here?

Rolexwatchman

you can check?

BigJK

Does anyone else have any opinions?

honeybear

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if the Sead version is the same as he Puretime version except for the engraving on the movement.

ryan patrick

15300 IMO

BigJK

anyone else on which one I should buy??

myloguy

get the miyota from toro, i'm waiting on my one but after weeks of reading and talking to people i made my decision.

Only see the sead version yesterday, the photo's aren't great and haven't come across anyone who's reviewed one.

From what i can tell

engravings on the back not as deep

It has a rectangle date box

Logo is different

hard to tell from the photo's if the screws are sunk like in the miyota

if you do go for it, be sure to review it :thumbsup:

Daywatch

Hi, Supermirrors/Sead is a trusted dealer on the other forums and really like him, so I thought he was here too as its the only special offer I know about.

From the ones posted the Swiss is thicker and has less deco on the movement and is USD 50 cheaper. More gen-like is the Myota, it´s thinner.

BigJK

Looks like I'll be going for the miyota one. Well lets see how this goes!! :boobies3: :boobies3:

Don't even ask why I put those emoticons up

aanival

15400 miyota is best

But there are two versions

Better with engraving movement and square date wheel

Worst without engaving mvt and rectangular date wheel window

Up to you but I have gone for miyota best and it is reaaally nice

Edited by aanival

BigJK

15400 miyota is best

But there are two versions

Better with engraving movement and square date wheel

Worst without engaving mvt and rectangular date wheel window

Up to you but I have gone for miyota best and it is reaaally nice

I only see one miyota one on torobravo

aanival

Toro gave me best. But in qc pics just be sure the datewheel is square and not rectangular or what is same look for the engraved movement

wolfwood

The other version is offered by Sead.

dannyw

coincidence, i just paid for a 15400 yesterday and will receive QC pics probably very soon.. not allowed to share on forum, but i can email you? :boxedin:

acetone

Miyota is the way to go...

Edited by acetone

honeybear

Okay, I see that Sead's version has the incorrect date window shape.

BigJK

Okay, I see that Sead's version has the incorrect date window shape.

Best to go for the miyota one then I suppose??

Daywatch

Hi again, generally speaking the ZF factory is nice looking but seems to have more qc issues/difficulties than BP. I got the BP with swiss ETA from Ryan at Intime (also TD on the other forum) at x-mas and all is perfectly aligned, the rotor is the same and the 8 front-dial screws are nicely recessed. At that time the new Myota wasn´t out yet. Myota has a thinner caseset, which is an advantage.

So the BP version generally is better assembled but the decorated Myota version is better looking - IF You get a good one. Many members have been refusing qc because of misalignments on the Myota.

This being said I don´t know where they ordered them and my personal experience with Toro is excellent, absolutely one of the top - 3 TD around in my opinion.

Bp version swiss - Rotor

L1050208_zpsafdfe804.jpg

Bp Version Swiss movement

IMG_1273.jpg

BP Apro 15400

IMG_1272.jpg

Bp Lume

1024_2280.jpg

Tanaka89

I just ordered a sead 15400 black dial by mistake. I just noticed I ordered this until I kept reading the forum the TD charged me $388 for the watch and said he was giving me a discount. Please can someone tell me if sead's ap 15400 is a good piece? It was not sead who sold it to me directly