Sign in to follow this  
Kemist

TC Submariner - Cadell Special edition - close up photos

Kemist

Hi,

Just received my Cadell Sub after almost 1.5 months of waiting. The watch is worth every cent spent. TBH, I wasn't too sure about the difference between a normal Sub and a Cadel Sub at the time of ordering. After a few hours of reading TC's blog, I just had to rush myself into ordering one and, also, the 16610 sub wasn't available to buy at that time.

Service was very good. TC is very brief and concise with his emails. There was no QC photos or tracking info or anything, which I don't really care because at this quality, i don't think I'd need QC photos. I just happened to wake up one day and the parcel was already delivered.

Everything is spot-on! Lume is perfect, catches light quickly and holds it there pretty long. The dial is really gen-spec as he described in his blog.

The one and only draw back is the black DWO and the cyclop. From what I can see, the cyclop is pretty reflective, making it very hard to see the date underneath. If the DWO is black writing on white background, it would be much easier to see.

I love it. It's a solid fine piece of art that TC has put a lot of effort in to make it available to members. I think this is the closest one can ever get to a Gen Sub.

DSC_9910.jpg

DSC_9914.jpg

DSC_9918.jpg

DSC_9919.jpg

DSC_9920.jpg

DSC_9921.jpg

DSC_9923.jpg

DSC_9925.jpg

DSC_9928.jpg

DSC_9929.jpg

Edited by tkhiem

SSTEEL

Stunning, and the exact model I will be getting next from Thomas. :)

ShovelnTC

Gorgeous, Enjoy!

Daywatch

Fantastic looks, thin as can be, shining and sparkling dial - great pics, congrats on Yours.

Went for the TC Seadweller - look, without that Cyclops

Mine says hello to Yours:

TCSeaDSC_9639A.jpg

1024_N9782cr.jpg

Kemist
Fantastic looks, thin as can be, shining and sparkling dial - great pics, congrats on Yours.

Went for the TC Seadweller - look, without that Cyclops

Mine says hello to Yours:

TCSeaDSC_9639A.jpg

1024_N9782cr.jpg

Hello to them back ;-)

I should of got the one without the cyclop, too

Spacemanps

This is the exact one I ordered. Should be here within a week! Looks great

twofake

Man that looks frickin awesome. Love it. The red seconds hand makes it. Congrats.

J.Eric

That looks aamazing!!

Congrats abd enjoy!

Kemist

Man that looks frickin awesome. Love it. The red seconds hand makes it. Congrats.

Love the red second-hand. Makes the watch more aggressive.

That looks aamazing!!

Congrats abd enjoy!

Cheers bro

This is the exact one I ordered. Should be here within a week! Looks great

Great, make sure you take some photos as well :)

dkj1956

Amazing! Love the red seconds hand and the "reverse" date wheel. Thanks for photos and enjoy that beautiful watch!

Kemist

Does anyone know if it's easy to remove the cyclop?

Daywatch

It can be done, read about heat and acetone - its glued on. You have to take out the glass first because it could/ would ruin the seal gasket - that means reassembling all again, I couldn´t do it.

Anyway members have done it with a soldering iron - the glass could crack though - try some research, maybe You´re lucky.

plankton

Really nice detail on his stuff!!!!! I love the red, reg subs are boring to my eyes but not the red!!1

Kemist

Thanks guys

Im just wondering what is the bezel made of? Will the heat from the lighter burn it or somehow discolour the writings?

Is the saophire hard enough to sustain the scratch from the knife?

Daywatch

Hi, if You try it I would go with the soldering iron/ acetone and Stanley knife probably using the soldering iron only on warm - remember that the gasket below the glass may melt away or be attacked by the acetone - would not try a knife neither a lighter. Before doing maybe look around the Cyclops with the fingernails where its weakest part is or where You could pry it up a little after its warm to put some acetone under. (there is risk involved... so I would not overheat and try to be gentle and slow)

Copy/ paste from the link Spacemanps provided (nice one):

So, can you do it and how? If your watch has an acrylic (plastic) crystal the answer is no, you are stuck with a cyclops. If it has a glass or sapphire crystal the cyclops is in fact glued on to the crystal after the fact. Usually this is done with a glue that cures under ultra-violet light which has optical properties similar to that of glass. These can come off, occasionally I see a watch where the cyclops came off accidently.

There are several methods for removal. These tend to work better on sapphire than mineral glass and I am not responsible for any scratched or broken crystals, there is risk involved.

• The chisel method. — Place a sharp chisel right along the corner of the cyclops and give it a tap. Cyclops pops right off, clean up any glue with acetone.
  • Heat – Apply heat (like with a soldering iron) to the cyclops, this will soften the glue, slide it right off.
  • Remove the crystal and soak it in acetone until the cyclops comes off (1-2 days). Re-install crystal.
  • Install a new xtal without cyclops
  • Combination of all 3. Some cyclopses are stubborn, you can’t fool them all as easily as did Odysseus.

Kemist

Hi, if You try it I would go with the soldering iron/ acetone and Stanley knife probably using the soldering iron only on warm - remember that the gasket below the glass may melt away or be attacked by the acetone - would not try a knife neither a lighter. Before doing maybe look around the Cyclops with the fingernails where its weakest part is or where You could pry it up a little after its warm to put some acetone under. (there is risk involved... so I would not overheat and try to be gentle and slow)

So, can you do it and how? If your watch has an acrylic (plastic) crystal the answer is no, you are stuck with a cyclops. If it has a glass or sapphire crystal the cyclops is in fact glued on to the crystal after the fact. Usually this is done with a glue that cures under ultra-violet light which has optical properties similar to that of glass. These can come off, occasionally I see a watch where the cyclops came off accidently.

There are several methods for removal. These tend to work better on sapphire than mineral glass and I am not responsible for any scratched or broken crystals, there is risk involved.

• The chisel method. — Place a sharp chisel right along the corner of the cyclops and give it a tap. Cyclops pops right off, clean up any glue with acetone.
  • Heat – Apply heat (like with a soldering iron) to the cyclops, this will soften the glue, slide it right off.
  • Remove the crystal and soak it in acetone until the cyclops comes off (1-2 days). Re-install crystal.
  • Combination of all 3. Some cyclopses are stubborn, you can’t fool them all as easily as did Odysseus.

Thanks, Daywatch, for your recommendation.

How scratch resistant the sapphire class do you think? If I decide to use a paper knife and a lighter (cos that's all i have with me right now unfortunately :( ), do you think slicing the cyclop off using the paper knife will scratch it :moose: ?

psantos1091

Thanks, Daywatch, for your recommendation.

How scratch resistant the sapphire class do you think? If I decide to use a paper knife and a lighter (cos that's all i have with me right now unfortunately :( ), do you think slicing the cyclop off using the paper knife will scratch it :moose: ?

I think you should leave the watch the way it is.... Just an opinion though

mulder

I'm not a Rolex fan but I would have that. Very nice watch. Enjoy

nev848

Don't mess with the cyclops...... you may regret it.

Kemist

Don't mess with the cyclops...... you may regret it.

:headdesk: please tell me more :( Its just this particular cyclop reflects a lot of light so all I can see when look at it is light globes or flouro tubes ...

profsteve

where can you order TC's beauts?

watch.aholic

Is the Cadell a fantasy model? Never seen a gen 16610 with a black dw with white ink and ofcourse the red second hand>?