Sign in to follow this  
makkag

A little help for a noob please if you would be so kind Pam 177 Crown Replacement

makkag

Hi All sorry that this is my first post but i thank you in advance for any help you can give,

I brought a PAM 177 with a 6494 a few years back and now it wont wind - i have been told that the crown is broken , but the person i sent it to does not have the part in stock nor time to find one

"The issue I'm having is with the crown, the one I had wouldn't fit with the Crown Guard - the crown guard won't close properly because the one I've tried to put on is not as deep as your broken one so it won't close."

I have found this on ebay but before i take the plunge id be hugely grateful if i can get some advice from those that know

http://www.ebay.com/itm/titanium-crown-fitting-on-ETA-Unitas-6497-1-6497-2-and-all-other-with-1-2mm-stem-/150780482408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231b379368 (Sorry i dont know how to embed)

I have also asked the seller but always welcome a second opinion.

Thanks in advance for looking and any help you can give !

Wriggles

Jackson Tse sells crowns for his Pam homages for 11dollars. Should be perfect. Why would you go to ebay and risk something more expensive that my not fit?

Contact Jackson I'd say

makkag

Thank you so much - found it and will order !

Wriggles

Don't listen to me I don't know anything!!! Seriously though, check with Jackson if it will suit. It will surely fit the stem of your A6497 but the issue again may be the crown guard, so discuss with him before blindly ordering.

My point really boiled down to avoiding randomness on ebay unless you know exactly what you're after, and stick to the dealers here that will certainly be able to help you find one that suits.

makkag

Sorry - i Had emailed to ask if it would fit before buying.

Thanks for your help i get the point !

Edited by makkag