Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

The new IWC Top Gun Ceramic is out.

trailboss99

Yep, it's here! I know a few have been waiting for this. Full ceramic with Ti pushers and crown! It ain't cheap tho $650 HERE . We will have to wait untill after CNY to see what our dealers are going to charge.

iwc-blss-1.19.jpg

The case back is nearly correct at last (some lettering in the wrong location) and so is the side logo. Good AR, very good for a rep. I love this 'un just too rich ATM. That's over a grand Australian!

Col.

greg_r

Looks stunning, but no way in hell is any rep worth $650.

trailboss99

Yep, let's see what our guys have it for. The $650 is prob "street" price. It'l come down anyways.

Col.

onzenuub

Not in 650 years

alphakazi

this is my kinda watch - absolutely gorgeous!

greg_r

It's great looking, for sure, but could do without the Tom Cruise connotations ;)

greg_r

Oh, I know that it's real. It just can't escape the association, I'm afraid....

...oh, and I worry about you, mate.... ;)

oscarmadfish

great looking watch but to pricey

iabounty

I like the watch very much. Then I saw the "Top Gun" and was going to make some snide comment about it. Then "Miller Highlife" popped into my head and I thought to myself, that would be like the pot calling the kettle black. If the lume is outstanding and the price in U.S.D were to be $300 to $350 I might just give 'er a go........ $650........ No can do.......... :angry:

alphakazi
...oh, and I worry about you, mate.... :rofl:

it's the age difference bud no worries :angry: this movie is like what, 20 years old - I was oooo, about 15yo. :rofl: I see it now and It's kinda lame but the dog fighting scenes still get me :popcorn:

correction: it was 1986 - about 23 year ago making me about 12 y.o. - that movie drove the kids wild back then salute.gif

alphakazi

3 1/2 min of the best parts - nuttin but chub

click the lower right arrow to select HQ

omni

That really is a great looking watch, even for us old guys.

greg_r
...oh, and I worry about you, mate.... :P

it's the age difference bud no worries :) this movie is like what, 20 years old - I was oooo, about 15yo. ;) I see it now and It's kinda lame but the dog fighting scenes still get me :)

correction: it was 1986 - about 23 year ago making me about 12 y.o. - that movie drove the kids wild back then salute.gif

oh shaddap trying to make me feel old. I was 27, running a business and had already divorced wife no 1. :D

oscarmadfish

i was 28 and had never shagged a goat :D

greg_r

I find that hard to believe, Oscar....

:D

oscarmadfish

the 28 bit or the goat bit :D

trailboss99

I think the price will be less when it comes out with our dealers. Why not give Hont, Chriss or even Mary's replacement a email and get a price? Still going to be too rich for me. Curse Wall Street! Sub prime realy screwed us over here. We still have the roofs over our heads but a 40% devalueation against the US dollar meens no buying from US or China. At least the pound stayed up, lucky buggers. Chriss gave me a real good price on that Ebel I want so badly recently. It would still be over 500AUD. I just can't justify spending that on a rep ATM, even if I had it spare.

Give you a better example. 125USD will buy a nice mid grade watch these days. You can get a nice lite version of a lot of good pieces for that but instead of the 132AUD that used to equate to it's now 196AUD. Big difference.

Six months ago I said I'd buy a decent rep of this the second it came out, not now. It's still second on my list after the Ebel but it's gunna be a while untill either join the collection. I don't think I'm alone here in wanting those responsible for the sub prime debarcle up aginst a wall with blind folds on?

Greed, it shits me when people allow it to blind them to the fact that their actions are going to bring down most of the free world.

In other words, when the world manages to claw itself kicking and screaming out of this hole a few realy stupid companys (who should have knowen better) dug for us I'lll buy this 'un.

Col.

greg_r
the 28 bit or the goat bit

Yes

:D

alphakazi
...oh, and I worry about you, mate.... :drunksing:

it's the age difference bud no worries :beer2: this movie is like what, 20 years old - I was oooo, about 15yo. :rofl: I see it now and It's kinda lame but the dog fighting scenes still get me :drunksing:

oh shaddap trying to make me feel old. I was 27, running a business and had already divorced wife no 1. :)

I was growing pubes :popcorn: