Sign in to follow this  
plankton

AP Stainless Steel Bracelet

plankton

Anyone have great contacts for this SS AP bracelet?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/28mm-NEW-High-Quality-Pure-Solid-316L-Stainless-steel-Silver-Brushed-Watch-Bands-Bracelets-S-AP250/323861_1779343046.html

www.aliexpress.com/item-img/28mm-NEW-High-Quality-Pure-Solid-316L-Stainless-steel-Silver-Brushed-Watch-Bands-Bracelets-S-AP250/1779343046.html

mazerati7

great post, needed this

theslavetrainer

DO NOT BUY THESE BRACELETS THEY DO NOT FIT ANY AP MODEL OTHER THAN QUARTZ APROO'S-

olakease

DO NOT BUY THESE BRACELETS THEY DO NOT FIT ANY AP MODEL OTHER THAN QUARTZ APROO'S-

Thank you.

SSTEEL

You know this from experience?

plankton

You know this from experience?

Please

theslavetrainer

Sure do bought 2

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Was about to buy one off another forum... 28mm.. for the replacement Panda i´m about to buy

They did not so long ago sell them stock on the Noob Pandas etc ... so some must fit ... albeit I know they aren´t planning on making anymore soon

Can anyone shed some light

theslavetrainer

If its come off a Roo it will be fine, provided it was a seconds at 12 AP ROO. Even though they do get advertised as 28mm the new ones for sale throughout the sites like listed above will only snugly fit a quartz model. On the AP ROO SEC those bracelets leave a gap of about 3mm due to the different curvature of the casing. Stocks of the better bracelets is still out. I was speaking to Mark from TSWatch. Yesterday, who said the factories were still" out of stock".

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Thank you very much ... that all makes a lot of sense.... and you´ve saved me a few quid

i´m not going to buy the other one I found.... just not worth the risk...

Panda on SS for sale anyone ??

parisianshut
itll-fit.jpg?w=900

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

My wife has the larger version of that model :)

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

If its come off a Roo it will be fine, provided it was a seconds at 12 AP ROO. Even though they do get advertised as 28mm the new ones for sale throughout the sites like listed above will only snugly fit a quartz model. On the AP ROO SEC those bracelets leave a gap of about 3mm due to the different curvature of the casing. Stocks of the better bracelets is still out. I was speaking to Mark from TSWatch. Yesterday, who said the factories were still" out of stock".

TSI don´t suppose you would be able to tell from a few pics I had sent of the one i´ve been offered.... prob not but worth asking

the first one is against a secs @12 but not attached

1d79cf7b-3905-44ca-b35c-7b9afaa7bd48_zpse7cbbe29.jpg

baaf455f-c0dd-478d-967d-1f206186dd05_zps2026726e.jpg

72b623a9-710a-482c-b364-f776761420f8_zpsdff76ce9.jpg

profsteve

looks like it might be good fit to me. Anyway - I have a quartz RBII with a donerix strap so I ordered oneo of these from the ali express place and we'll see when I get it. Not too many quid to risk, and if it does fit and if it looks good after WD40 then !!

agntkerr

Got mine from toro. V3

008.jpg

profsteve

when did you get the band from Toro?

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Toro emailed me on June 3rd and said there are no bracelets

P4GTR

Guys. There are no AP bracelets being made that fit any of the good ROO's. That bracelet in the pic above is not going to fit.

c888

So these fit? but just leaves a big gap? Same goes on the diver?

Bigger then this gap?

image_zps205651f1.jpeg

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Which strap is that....

I wouldn't be happy with that fit myself....

This is what it's got to be like

IMG_1077_zps72b6d656.jpg

c888

Which strap is that....

I wouldn't be happy with that fit myself....

This is what it's got to be like

It's supposedly gen.

So how many versions of rep bracelets are out there?

how is this fitment look:

20140409_200415.jpg

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Hey C888 ... I'm really no expert... but I guess it's what looks right to me.....

There are a few versions as mentioned earlier in the thread... one that fits the quartz ROO... one that fits the secs@12 from TD's and then loads of crap stuff off Alibaba !!!

The Diver albeit Gen looks like the gap where the plots meet the case is a little too big / wide...

The ROO looks like the plots are sitting a little too high and flush...

My Panda is btw is Gen... that's the fit and look I like and expect ... guess it's somewhere between your two pics !! :D

theslavetrainer

A GENERAL GUIDE TO WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN AP SS Band:

A bad band made of 304 ss and supplied by the link listed-Aliexpress. $70

1badapband_zps19b192d9.jpg

A quality band made of 316 ss and supplied by a TD. $130

1goodrestex_zpsfd4e0438.jpg

Aftermarket Bands do not fit Rep AP ROO watches.. Trusted Dealer supplied bands are made to fit Rep AP ROO watches.

These bands are often made with 304 ss, not 316. A cheaper grade, TD bands are made of 316 ss for your watch- also made of 316 ss,

Aftermarket is often marked or has imperfections but with a TD Band quality is assured, a TD Band will be supplied with your watch or as an after sale purchase. When out of stock these bands can be found through M2M sales, and no seller should sell these bands above the TD price- $130 US. To do so is profiteering. A shortage of supply has led to many sales above this price. These bands have been fetching $200 US.on

M2M, sellers giving no guarantees.............. New Stock of TD Bands is expected within 2 months.

Hope this information Helps

Regards

TST.

Edited by theslavetrainer

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Sweet. TST.....

I preach patience... will now have to practise it....

Bugger that :frusty:

N.Rico

well i bougth that bracellet to these guys but in the store they have in ebay ,actually they still have those there is not that good but is not that bad ,what i dont like is the gap in the likns bettwen the case and the band ,but for the price i tooked the risk and overroll its ok ,in the safari fits better than in this one .

IMG_8275_zpsc4d2ad6a.jpgIMG_8269_zpsab045ff9.jpg