Sign in to follow this  
Kcore

I Stepped Up My Strap Game! (pics galore)

Kcore

Hi all. I've been MIA for a while taking care of family & matters of life but I wanted to post about this strap purchase as soon as time allowed.

I’m not what you’d call a “bracelet man.” Don’t get me wrong, a number of watches I own are on shiny, shinnies, but the lion share are on straps, most custom made straps by some of the top craftsmen. So when I recently purchased a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage (O1V), I knew a very special custom creation was imminent!

For this special strap I went to one of our own artists, Jonathan Bond, AKA:” McJules.” Jonathan has made a few stunning straps for a dear friend of mine so I was very familiar with his work.

I sent Jonathan pics of my watch and let him know what I was looking for. I wanted something vintage to really enhance and make my O1V pop, but at the same time, I wanted simple and elegant lines. Jonathan told me about a very special leather called, “Crazy Horse.” He also sent me sample pics of the leather. After a bit of discussion about thread stitch, color, and side finish, which by the way, Jonathan was so, so helpful in providing ideas and making suggestions, I gave him the “green light” to go ahead and make me a masterpiece.

Let me cut to the chase and pics. My strap came extremely well packaged and when I opened up the strap box, my mouth just hung wide open. I couldn’t believe my eyes. All I was able to muster was OMG, OMG. To which my wife came running into the den asking what was wrong. I just turned and showed her my strap still in the box. Her reaction was similar, she was impressed by the simplistic beauty of the design and the Crazy Horse leather used to make this work of art.

There is no doubt, I “Stepped Up My Watch Game!”

FYI: My pics DO NOT DO JUSTICE to the beauty of this strap.

IMG_1906_zpsdc09e86e.jpg

IMG_1910_zps6c5865a5.jpg

IMG_1909_zpsc257edcd.jpg

IMG_1913_zpse855b39c.jpg

IMG_1917_zps30c37e69.jpg

IMG_1921_zpsed6c43e8.jpg

IMG_1919_zpse33fb063.jpg

SSTEEL

Very nice indeed, good to see you still about, I had started to wonder where you were mate.

chekkarn

Now thats a perfect combination! Wear it well buddy

Porter21

oh snap! i know what i'm buying for my birthday lol

Kcore

Thanks everyone!

It really is a gorgeous strap. This Crazy Horse leather is so beautiful. The color seems to change and I understand it will become even more beautiful with time by picking up a wonderful glowing patina.

McJules

Thanks Eric for the kind words!

It was a real pleasure making it for you my friend ;)

wear it in good health!

darkLogik

Very nice! That strap looks great with the watch.. .

ellistyle1

Looks great. I am stepping up my strap game too with the same crazy horse leather. Can't wait to throw it on my explorer.

mrtsumoto80

Looks fantastic mate!! I might have to do something similar for my O1V :giggle: