Sign in to follow this  
TK01

Breitling Superocean - Mesh vs. Rubber bracelet

TK01

Guys So I am spending another $400+ on another breitling Superocean in the future. If I am spending that much money do you guys think better to get the

Mesh bracelet ? Or the rubber one ? I heard the mesh one we get with replica is kinda cheap I felt the Genuine one felt like a million dollars on my wrist. But I tried on the Rubber one also at the AThorized Dealer for Breitling and I loved how it clicks in on the runner one.

TK01

80D01150-4513-4E17-9313-2E1C2C20ACC3.jpg

VS.

86B0C9A6-9E78-4D7D-BC9E-424285A7DE91.jpg

greg_r

Best option for Breitling mesh is to go for a third-party bracelet (Staib is the make most here recommend, although I have a gen Rotary bracelet on mine) - the rep mesh is poor.

Personally I have two SOHs. One on ocean racer rubber (which is one of the few rubber straps I can tolerate - I usually hate 'em), the other on the mesh. Best of both worlds :)

TK01

Staib is a person that sells and makes them or ?

TK01

This is the one I really want this rubber one I just wonder If I get the SOH will it be close to the genuine ?

C2CBD1B1-D4E8-44FA-85D3-4F41C26C24D3.jpg

AC7F0B14-5246-4ADF-91F9-4525A1EE56DA.jpg

greg_r

Staib is a person that sells and makes them or ?

Staib is a manufacturer of mesh bracelets, yes.

The rep Ocean Racer rubber is pretty good (the earlier ones were better, though). A gen rubber strap isn't that desperately expensive and might be worth thinking about dependent on how happy you are with the rep strap

<RJ>

I have a mesh from wjean28 incomming, Also recommended on many places. The rep ocean racer strap is very nice, I have a black one from WI that i like very much. It looks very good on more than just the sosf :) Cost me $90 though.

zinnboy

Love mesh. I had a few skagens and if you are careful mesh looks nice and lasts.

Mike on a bike

I buy from wjean good stuff , go mesh get the shark mesh bracelet from him I have two first rate.

nev848

I have a Rep mesh incoming for my V2. Will post a review once its here.

watch.aholic

Staib is the way to go for your SOH.....I've got mine on a Staib and couldn't be happier.....Infact the quality is so good I am already on a lookout for a Staib mesh for my UN Chrono.

Here's my SOH V2 on a Staib mesh

2013-11-10114549_zps4fed6184.jpg

TK01

Looks beautiful Ill prob get the rubber from Rochest n Mary it will come with the super ocean and the mesh from stain its very unique that the Superocean had that mesh I tried one on A Gen at AD here is the pic.

Mesh and Superocean go together for sure ! Do you know if its 24mm ? I'd like to rotate that rubber one with my Super Avenger

watch.aholic

Yeah this one is 24mm

WARBOT

I have the rep Ocean Racer rubber strap with Deployant on my Super Avenger Blacksteel.

Love it!

Picked mine up from Andrew at TT.

zdh

I just bought a mesh on the bay ( a gen) so excited to getting it

Hazz

Here is mine on a Gen mesh

13324504993_54790b4af5_c.jpg

Tekkes

pfsh, show off :D

Hazz

I was in the right place at the right time, bought from an AD new for £250 normal price £560 :)

Tekkes

I was in the right place at the right time, bought from an AD new for £250 normal price £560 :)

Wow, that's sweet :-D

TK01

You guys think if I order the ocean racer with Deployment from Andrew or Mary and Rochest it would fit me I measured my wrist it's 8 inches, I just got my Breitling from Rochest Navitimer Chronograph n it fits fine.